Conquer Club

[CL14] Second Division - LIONs Win - MVP: MTIceman41

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL14] Second Division

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:17 am

Scoreboard has had AWOL results removed, they will remain on the scoreboard as 0 points as it is easier for me. I don't have access to edit the schedule image so that will remain unchanged, AWOL's next two matchups have been PM'd to ensure they are aware. REP's round 8 games have been deleted.

Also of note, all maps used vs AWOL no longer count towards your map limit as the games are voided.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:02 pm

*Pixar* wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:RET has a missing spot on their home game, given an infraction, game is to be filled by tomorrow March 21st 23:59 CCT
RET missing a spot in one away game, they must fill the game by tomorrow March 21st 23:59 CCT or be given an infraction

AWOL has dropped out of CL14, all their results are null and void, and future opponents are now going to have a bye on that matchup. This will effect the standings, I'll edit things shortly with the schedule and standings.

Dumb. Another new clan incoming… because this one failed yet again. :roll:

serial clan hopper and former member of failed clans - Pixar :lol:
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:00 pm

Caymanmew wrote:Scoreboard has had AWOL results removed, they will remain on the scoreboard as 0 points as it is easier for me. I don't have access to edit the schedule image so that will remain unchanged, AWOL's next two matchups have been PM'd to ensure they are aware. REP's round 8 games have been deleted.

Also of note, all maps used vs AWOL no longer count towards your map limit as the games are voided.

Somewhat frustrating here… we lost points and REP gained points due to this.
I would hate for secondary division to be decided due to this and I think it sets a bad precedent
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:03 pm

I hope that the leaders of Awol are refused privs for any future wars / clan competitions.
Colonel Keefie

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:26 pm

Keefie wrote:I hope that the leaders of Awol are refused privs for any future wars / clan competitions.

Agree some level of punishment….
This was an amazing battle between awol/rep/lion…
I feel like awol was trending towards loosing both sets currently towards lions/losing ground with losses against low…and this strategy of them quitting then nullifying all games doesn’t make since.
Why not all future matchups all clans get all wins from them? This seems better course then deleting everything.
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby detlef on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:54 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:
Keefie wrote:I hope that the leaders of Awol are refused privs for any future wars / clan competitions.

I feel like awol was trending towards loosing both sets currently towards lions/losing ground with losses against low…and this strategy of them quitting then nullifying all games doesn’t make since.
Why not all future matchups all clans get all wins from them? This seems better course then deleting everything.

I am not a leader of AWOL and regret any unintended consequences this may have caused. However, calling it a strategy is a little strange. We've just lost a bunch of guys and the remaining were being inundated with games to pick up the slack so they thought it best to just bow out. I'm certain that they weren't trying to screw anyone over.

Are the directors certain that nullifying the previous results is the fairest way (not for AWOL of course, because that doesn't matter) but for everyone else?
Colonel detlef

Postby Huyuk on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:00 pm

In any competition in the world of any sport, if a team abandons, no previous result is annulled, because they were played, they are considered lost going forward.Obviously with severe penalties for those who drop out of a competition
Major Huyuk

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:09 pm

detlef wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:

I am not a leader of AWOL and regret any unintended consequences this may have caused. However, calling it a strategy is a little strange. We've just lost a bunch of guys and the remaining were being inundated with games to pick up the slack so they thought it best to just bow out. I'm certain that they weren't trying to screw anyone over.

Are the directors certain that nullifying the previous results is the fairest way (not for AWOL of course, because that doesn't matter) but for everyone else?

But going against S&M in the cup is okay? That seems strange
I’m certain clan directors and all clans would be okay if you didn’t have 10 players to then finish clan league…nah disagree mate
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 pm

in this thread: people assuming they know things without actually asking the people involved

nothing new i suppose

very silly
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:11 pm

I understand everyone's concerns and it sucks this has happened and affected the standings, but the rules are clear on how to handle this situation.

If a clan leaves CL14, after it has begun, for whatever reason(s) all results involving this clan will be annulled. The clan will not be eligible to enter CL15, unless issues that caused the abandonment are addressed to the satisfaction of the TO.

AWOL is no longer eligible to join CL15, if they wish to join CL15, they will have to appeal to the TO and CD team at that time to review the situation and make a determination.

Any changes to the rules need to go through CAT so if this is something you'd like to see changed contact your CAT Rep and have them open a discussion for CL15.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby detlef on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:14 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:
detlef wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:

But going against S&M in the cup is okay? That seems strange
I’m certain clan directors and all clans would be okay if you didn’t have 10 players to then finish clan league…nah disagree mate

Again, I wasn't part of the decision but the cup is one battle against one clan at a time.

Not sure what can be done to unring the bell here, but I do wish this didn't have the impact it seems to have had.
Colonel detlef

Postby *Pixar* on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:48 pm

Caymanmew wrote:I understand everyone's concerns and it sucks this has happened and affected the standings, but the rules are clear on how to handle this situation.

If a clan leaves CL14, after it has begun, for whatever reason(s) all results involving this clan will be annulled. The clan will not be eligible to enter CL15, unless issues that caused the abandonment are addressed to the satisfaction of the TO.

AWOL is no longer eligible to join CL15, if they wish to join CL15, they will have to appeal to the TO and CD team at that time to review the situation and make a determination.

Any changes to the rules need to go through CAT so if this is something you'd like to see changed contact your CAT Rep and have them open a discussion for CL15.

What’s the ruling if a new clan is made? Are they still allowed to join CL15? I’m sure Caff would love to know this
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:05 pm

i actually couldnt care less but fire away lol
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:06 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:i actually couldnt care less but fire away lol

Irony…you do because you posted ;)
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:12 pm

Clan league rules and competency:

Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby davekettering on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:27 pm

This whole decision should go through CAT.

Either they are in or they are out. 2 rounds left to go. If they cant man up to play 2 rounds then they should forfeit out of CC also. And I do think you could have interpreted that rule differently. With 2 rounds to go give those 2 full points leave everything else alone. They are going unpunished in the decision that has been made.

Dave

*Pixar* wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:I understand everyone's concerns and it sucks this has happened and affected the standings, but the rules are clear on how to handle this situation.

What’s the ruling if a new clan is made? Are they still allowed to join CL15? I’m sure Caff would love to know this
Major davekettering

Postby Donelladan on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:40 pm

davekettering wrote:This whole decision should go through CAT.

Either they are in or they are out. 2 rounds left to go. If they cant man up to play 2 rounds then they should forfeit out of CC also. And I do think you could have interpreted that rule differently. With 2 rounds to go give those 2 full points leave everything else alone. They are going unpunished in the decision that has been made.

I think it's quite understandable to not be able to play both events at the same time. 1 round of the CL is quite a lot of games.
I am also wondering why they need another punishment that not being allowed to join the CL15, it's not like they are leaving the event for fun.

I would hate for secondary division to be decided due to this and I think it sets a bad precedent

All results from AWOL are nullified, so 2nd division is not decided by AWOL leaving the competition, but by each clan results against the other participants, as it should be.
I do understand that if Clan A won against AWOL and Clan B lost againt AWOL, then clan A can be annoyed, but if clan A lost the 2nd div, it's not because AWOL lett the cup, but because they didn't win their other matches. No reason to make it about AWOL.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:04 pm

Donelladan wrote:All results from AWOL are nullified, so 2nd division is not decided by AWOL leaving the competition, but by each clan results against the other participants, as it should be.
I do understand that if Clan A won against AWOL and Clan B lost againt AWOL, then clan A can be annoyed, but if clan A lost the 2nd div, it's not because AWOL lett the cup, but because they didn't win their other matches. No reason to make it about AWOL.

Agree with this.

I also was not part of the desition and I for once wanted to finish the league, but I understand we were lacking players and motivation so I understood why Awol quit the league.
As for the cup, we want one last Walts what better than facing defending champions. I'm sure we can commit to one last war or 2 if we win ;)
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Huyuk on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:17 pm

But it happens with only two rounds left. I don't see quitting if awol was un first positions. Because Lost games take down motivation. Ok accepted. But the penalties need to be severe. And obvius can't play others tourneys right now.
Last edited by Huyuk on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Huyuk

Postby detlef on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:22 pm

Donelladan wrote:
davekettering wrote:This whole decision should go through CAT.

I think it's quite understandable to not be able to play both events at the same time. 1 round of the CL is quite a lot of games.
I am also wondering why they need another punishment that not being allowed to join the CL15, it's not like they are leaving the event for fun.

All results from AWOL are nullified, so 2nd division is not decided by AWOL leaving the competition, but by each clan results against the other participants, as it should be.

well said
Colonel detlef

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:32 pm

No very unintelligent…you bailed clan league sorry…disagree 100%
We had a strategy knowing we had to beat awol and REP…hence we focused there and not as much on other clans (no offense but they gave us 100% focus I know)goal was beat awol and rep which did/hopefully do

We prioritized clan league vs clan cup….easily could have won clan league but wanted to integrate new players and strengthen the clan while also focusing against LHDD…
Don’s assessment I disagree and your liking I think is false…great summation here:

***also I think awol is very talented and got some studs so to clarify I just don’t like the ruling here/I wish awol handled things more honorable
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby detlef on Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:26 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:No very unintelligent…you bailed clan league sorry…disagree 100%
We had a strategy knowing we had to beat awol and REP…hence we focused there and not as much on other clans (no offense but they gave us 100% focus I know)goal was beat awol and rep which did/hopefully do

We prioritized clan league vs clan cup….easily could have won clan league but wanted to integrate new players and strengthen the clan while also focusing against LHDD…
Don’s assessment I disagree and your liking I think is false…great summation here:

***also I think awol is very talented and got some studs so to clarify I just don’t like the ruling here/I wish awol handled things more honorable

I don't know how to respond to most of this nonsense because it's freaking bizarre, so I'll just focus on the lowest of all the low hanging fruit...

It is "false" for me to like what he said?! No sir, I very much like what he said. It is quite true that I liked what he said. That is all.
Colonel detlef

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:32 pm

I wasn't going to reply but some of this is too easy. Let's start here.

Yes, excellent logic - ban caff, myself and andrei from running a clan forever because our clan fell apart in the middle of multiple competitions and we had to drop out of one. This is clearly a lifetime ban offense - there are so many people lining up to be a part of clans, you can absolutely afford to just start punting people. I can't speak for Caff's history or andrei's but this is an unfortunate first for me. Fcking clown. Moving on.

Huyuk wrote:But it happens with only two rounds left. I don't see quitting if awol was un first positions. Because Lost games take down motivation. Ok accepted. But the penalties need to be severe. And obvius can't play others tourneys right now.

davekettering wrote:This whole decision should go through CAT. Either they are in or they are out. 2 rounds left to go. If they cant man up to play 2 rounds then they should forfeit out of CC also.

Yes, this makes tons of sense. You're mad that we had to drop out of one competition, so you would force us to drop out of another as well. The backwards stupidity of these statements is hilarious. As for quitting if we were in first, I mean, we would because WE CAN'T FIELD A TEAM. ffs.

MTIceman41 wrote:hence we focused there and not as much on other clans (no offense but they gave us 100% focus I know)goal was beat awol and rep which did/hopefully do

No sympathy here - if your pre-designed excuse that you might not win the league is that you didn't try against other clans and it cost you, then shut the fck up about it - if you don't win, you didn't deserve to win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All that said, we don't owe most of you anything but here it is because I'm feeling generous.

It's been held together with toe lint for the last month and we were already a small clan, I've been trying to keep it going and it just won't go - between players leaving for other clans, leaving CC, guys who were previously max games down to 1 or 2, people refusing to play with certain players and just the fact that it's a fckin game and real life has people on game limits, a choice was required. We finish league or we finish cup. I chose Cup. F^ck off if you don't like it, it wasn't your choice to make. Am I happy about any of this? Of course not, why would I be? Certainly we didn't plan for this to happen.
Major Nut Shot Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges