Conquer Club

Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Spirit of Conquer Club [Happy Holidays!]

Postby CaronylKluster on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 am

I have two shout-out gifts! To The Samurai for holding the RET clan together and teaching me the ropes of clan life as well as being one heck of a friend from S. Africa.

To cpusurfer for stepping up and becoming a leader in the RET clan and being just an overall pleasant and happy person all the time. He always lifts my spirits with his good attitude.

Great idea IcePack! Shout out to my worth opponents as well, may I aspire to achieve at the level you do, but be satisfied with my best efforts and not necessarily the outcome.
Colonel CaronylKluster

Location: SITTERS - The_Samurai, jdmcinty, swimmerdude99, arama86n, 4 U 2 NV

Postby CaronylKluster on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:06 am

Forgot one more - to my dubs mate regardless to which clan he might now belong hjelp - I'll always play a game with you because we think so similarly and even developed our own way to speak to each other in short hand in chat. Way to go mate - hopefully we'll be dubbsing again soon. Merry Christmas!
Colonel CaronylKluster

Location: SITTERS - The_Samurai, jdmcinty, swimmerdude99, arama86n, 4 U 2 NV

Postby fairman on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:02 am

I'd like to thanks all the players that are involved in the life of this site.
I spent so many time on CC, havong so many emotion (good and bad).
It could have not be possiible without the mods and admin.
So special thanks to all of you.

Special thanks also to skilled and patient players that played with me in team when I began.

So many good people around.

Happy Christmas and best wishes

As I have to highlight one member, I'd like to gift :
Donelladan Always patient, one of the skillest player I had the opportunity to play with. Thanks mate =D>

Nous Ć©tions lĆ  bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby DJENRE on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:39 am

Merry Christmas from a little dragon to all CC!

BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:40 am

It's incredible the number of people I'd like to honour. Literally dozens, if not hundreds. So many who have helped me, befriended me, mentored me. Thank you all. A big Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

There are a couple people in particular I'd like to mention.

First of all, DoomYoshi, who recruited me to Conquer Club. I still remember the brief email I got, all those years ago. "I beseech you to join Conquer Club" he wrote, along with a join link. And I'm just such a sucker for interesting use of language. I could have said no to a request, a demand, a solicitation, or an invitation, but I couldn't turn down a beseechment. If it wasn't for DoomYoshi, I probably would never have discovered this site.

Still, the instructions say to find someone who is active in Clans, and DY is not active in clans any more.

There's someone who is active in Clans, and has been a huge part of my Community Team this year and has really elevated the place. EBConquer has become our official Team artist, and he has really raised the bar. Almost any Community Team event nowadays includes at least one EBC graphic, sometimes many. This is his profession; we are getting professional-grade work for free, simply because he loves this place. If you've played in any of the Challenges or the USA Supertournament, or even some of the Great War tourneys, you've seen some oh his amazing mastheads and other elements.

Thank you EBC, for all you do!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 pm

I will second / also give kudos to EBConquer =D>

A lot (almost all?) of our graphics come from him and is a great help, including the upcoming new clan logos to be released on new years ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Dukasaur wrote: EBConquer has become our official Team artist, and he has really raised the bar. Almost any Community Team event nowadays includes at least one EBC graphic, sometimes many. This is his profession; we are getting professional-grade work for free, simply because he loves this place.

You talking about the monthly challenge main images and other?
If so, yes ! Great job, I was wondering when you've found all those amazing images!
=D> =D> =D>
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ

Postby IcePack on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Merry Christmas! This will keep going until NYE, with gifts distributed first thing in 2018 to make it Merry!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:56 pm

Bravo to Magnus for having the courage to share, and my sympathiyu for your ordeal , and hats off to Paul for his generosity of spirit.

MagnusGreeol wrote:- I would like to gift a person who is alive, but no longer with Us here in CC, PaulatPeace.

- In 2004 my wife (at the time) was diagnosed with a brain tumor, It was removed and was not cancerous, But was given medication that in time she became addicted to. As the years marched on, so did her addiction, Until 2 years ago when she attempted suicide, then blamed me and filed divorce. My life was upside down, I was losing the home we made together after 16 years, In serious debt and not a penny to my name. Through all this, Paul would always call me to ask how me and my two daughters were doing, He was very concerned about me and always had the bright side of life to offer. One day he asked me what my address was, that he had a card he wanted to send me, I got it in the mail, It was a $500 gift card with a very nice message attached with words of concern and hope, Literally brought a tear to my eye that a man I only knew from CC and talking on phone could care so much, But he truly did, He was always there for me, and still is to this day, Regrettably just not here. This is my story, and I will remember it for the rest of my life. Salute Paulie-------)

I would like to acknowlege Icepack (Jason) both for his service to Clans , Claniversaity, CRow, Clue the cc Dispatch Tribes and to our Clan, the Fallen; ... until the last 1/2 year an increasing amount of the burden of the clan leadership has fallen to him, which coincided with increasing personal obligations as well, and stressful isues in his extended family ; yet he has kept us together and continues to be an inspiration ... well done Sir, and Merry Christmas , and a smoother New Year
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby westbo on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Well, same for me I could thanks many people here,....I.M still a bad team player....thx FOED
Major westbo

Postby jfm10 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:46 pm

I would like to nominate infurior . When i first started playing on this site i got locked into my 4 games and infurior would real time games to free one up for me . He is a wonderful person. :)
Sergeant 1st Class jfm10

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Last few days to get your submissions in for a gift :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Otnal on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm

I would like to thank Allinslim for his friendship since meeting him in a Pearl Harbour game about 5 years ago...He was an asshole there as I am at times, but developed a great friendship through the years....I would also like to thank jltile1 on noticing that I am a great bullshitter...just so you all know I always tell the truth even if I have to make it up...then there is the smurf (groovysmurf) she has become a great friend and an awesome addition to the CD team as well as mine...Keefie and IcePack have been awesome in some of my let's just say "ordeals" just so you all know they are great guys
Major Otnal

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:48 pm

I have a few additional people I'd really like to thank. I understand if not all of these people will be allowed a turn on the wheel, but I wanted to do this anyway.

I am so thankful to everyone who has touched my life over the past year here on Conquer Club. The following people have all had a significant impact on my life and I hope they know just how much I appreciate them.

thea_cmt was the first person I really talked to on this site. She helped get me out of my shell and has been an absolutely amazing friend over the past year. She means the world to me.

Otnal introduced me to clan life and helped inspire me to make necessary improvements in my life. He also encouraged me to apply for the CD position when it became available.

IcePack saw something in my CD application that reminded him of himself and despite my lack of experience in the clan world, offered me the position. Becoming a CD has been majorly beneficial to me and having IcePack's trust and confidence means more than he can possibly know.

Extreme Ways and I bonded almost immediately. We "get" each other in a way that many others cannot understand. He has been an incredible support for me and I honestly can't imagine my life without him as a friend.

hopalong quickly became one of the best friends I have ever had. He is kind, supportive, appreciative and can always make me smile. I am confident we will be friends for years to come.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Greetings,
Thank you to everyone who participated! The ultimate goal was just to showcase some of the great people we have within clans, and
pass on a spirit of giving to those around us. I wish I could give everyone full memberships lol but alas, hopefully these small tokens of our
appreciation and holiday spirit will do :)

Every eligible name (some weren't clan members, or "thanks everyone" is not a person I can spin for, etc) got a spin on the wheel.
Prizes ranged from 25 credits to 600 credit jackpot, as well as an assortment of stars, spin again, better luck next times, etc.
Prizes will be issued in the next few days.
Happy Holidays!
IcePack

Now get your asses back to work, holidays are over! :P

show: Prizes

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm

All prizes issued.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby hopalong on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 pm

did you re-spin my blue star? i am allergic to blue starz.
Major hopalong

Previous

Return to Clan Archives