Conquer Club

Competitive clans ranking

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Competitive clans ranking

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am

There have been some new clans created recently and there has been much discussion as to which of the "competive" clans has the highest rank - with this in mind I wish to suggest a ranking system where a clan's initial ranking is based on the average score of their top 10 ranked players 9as 10 is the number required by the site to form a clan)

If this was starting today, in the case of "The Untouchables" our initial ranking would be 2245 - i suspect a few would be ranked higher including THOTA and several would be ranked lower initially.

Pts would then be exchanged based on the results of clan challenges or head to heads in tournies like yorkie's new one (assuming a minimum number of games - 8 ?? have been played in this head to head).

To exchange ranking pts the same formula that is used for your own scores should be used but remove the 100 pt. max

ie losers score / winners score * 20

if the untouchables beat clan B in a challenge where that clan had a ranking of 1950 then clan B would lose 17 clan ranking pts and the untouchables would gain 17 clan ranking pts.

Once their initial ranking has been determined, the individual scores of clan members becomes irrelevant and only what the clan does going forard will determine their movement in the clan rankings.

Assuming other clans are interested in this and the rules can be agreed on I would be interested in getting this rolling shortly - all clans need to do is provide their inital ranking (average of their top 10 ranked players) and then post here with final results of challenges so the rankings can be updated to reflect these results
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby khazalid on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:49 am

im not 100% but i think clan rankings are pending already and will come with the next update.. lack?
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 am

khazalid wrote:im not 100% but i think clan rankings are pending already and will come with the next update.. lack?

along with several other clan related items possibly, but this just an idea to get the ball rolling (i have posted a suggestion in this regard in the suggestions forum)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby benjikat on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:09 am

For Legends of War, our average (as above) is currently 2424 - I'm sure THOTA's is much higher...

I think however that a full average should be used - notice how Rebelman devised the parameters to be able to ignore this own score :)
Sergeant 1st Class benjikat

Postby khazalid on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 am

yes, good point that. what say you irish?
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby jnd94 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:19 am

I think the new phpBB will have a clan war system...I remember seeing a preview for it
Captain jnd94

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:23 am

benjikat wrote:
I think however that a full average should be used - notice how Rebelman devised the parameters to be able to ignore this own score :)

i actually am ignoring much more than my own score as we have members ranked lower than me (i think we have at least one cook)

Each clan must have 10 members (that is where that figure comes from)

a country's soccer team is judged by the 11 that play for the country not every registered player in that country. As of now it would be highly unlikely I would ever be picked on a team to represent the untouchables - it does not make me any less of a member but including me and the likes of me in calcuulating the starting score of a large clan would be futile - what would make far more sense is a proposal like mine or as Khaz has suggested elsewhere we all start at the same figure and ignore scores completely.
Private rebelman

Postby benjikat on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:27 am

rebelman wrote:what would make far more sense is ... ...we all start at the same figure and ignore scores completely.

I was only kidding with you :) - this ^^ is a much better idea.
Sergeant 1st Class benjikat

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:34 am

phpBB Rivals will have this.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:35 am

benjikat wrote:
rebelman wrote:what would make far more sense is ... ...we all start at the same figure and ignore scores completely.

I was only kidding with you :) - this ^^ is a much better idea.

i knew you were kidding and im beginning to come around to thinking that way too whether its the hell's ktchen clan with only cooks in it or its the ponies everyone starts at the same pt eg 1000 pts and results between these clans thus decide if you more up or down
Private rebelman

Postby khazalid on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 am

could make it like a ladder format and have initial seedings based on rank?
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 pm

khazalid wrote:could make it like a ladder format and have initial seedings based on rank?

agreed on the ladder, as regards initial seedings i believe the average of your top 10 would be a relatively fair way of doing this - as each clan will have at least 10 members and generally speaking it would be the clans highest rankers thay would be competing on behalf of the clan.
Private rebelman

Postby khazalid on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 pm

rebelman wrote:
khazalid wrote:could make it like a ladder format and have initial seedings based on rank?

agreed on the ladder, as regards initial seedings i believe the average of your top 10 would be a relatively fair way of doing this - as each clan will have at least 10 members and generally speaking it would be the clans highest rankers thay would be competing on behalf of the clan.

so long as this were actually the case, it would be fair enough. chances are it wont happen though..
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:16 pm

khazalid wrote:
so long as this were actually the case, it would be fair enough. chances are it wont happen though..

in general i see only 2 major reasons and one small reason whty i clan would not have its highest rankers competing

major reasons

- someone is away so they cant play

- someone in the clan only plays singles

small reason

- some low rankers are percieved by the team captain to be better team players than some of the more highly ranked competitors available
Private rebelman

Intresting

Postby Prankcall on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 pm

Sounds good..I guess we just have to wait for the new updates..Where can we find those? or Previews of what he is working on..I know I seen it somewhere before
Sergeant 1st Class Prankcall

Re: Intresting

Postby rebelman on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:44 am

[quote="Prankcall"]Sounds good..I guess we just have to wait for the new updates..Where can we find those? or Previews of what he is working on..I know I seen it somewhere before[/quote

just google it !!
Private rebelman

Return to Clan Archives