Conquer Club

2022 Clan League Hall of Fame Voting - Complete

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Vote for up to 6. Player-Clan-Rank Total Pts-Rank Avg-Team Titles-Ind Titles-Seasons

Poll ended at Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:33 pm

osman76 - FALL - 7 - 12 - 2 - 0 - 9
4%
grt - IA/TOFU - 27 - 18 - 0 - 0 - 5
3%
Astoriana - S & M - 17 - 74 - 3 - 0 - 10
8%
Robespierre__ - FOED/FALL - 10 - 14 - 1 - 0 - 8
9%
ballenus - S & M - 8 - 43 - 3 - 0 - 11
7%
Conchobar - PIG/FOED/A^ - 11 - 28 - 1 - 0 - 9
2%
loutil - MM/TOFU - 12 - 5 - 1 - 1 - 6
10%
rcfritz - FALL - 4 - 10 - 2 - 1 - 9
8%
aad0906 - FALL - 22 - 59 - 2 - 0 - 9
2%
nokelberry - FALL - 15 - 40 - 2 - 0 - 9
2%
davekettering - S & M - 16 - 37 - 1 - 0 - 8
9%
nolefan5311 - FALL - 28 - 20 - 0 - 0 - 5
2%
fairman - LHDD - 33 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 4
4%
lokisgal - IA/TOFU - 18 - 60 - 2 - 0 - 9
5%
Doc_Brown - TOFU - 20 - 16 - 2 - 0 - 6
9%
misteryforall - ATL - 58 - 27 - 0 - 0 - 4
1%
uckuki - FOED - 21 - 55 - 1 - 0 - 8
2%
donche65 - LHDD - 23 - 6 - 1 - 0 - 5
3%
t4mcr53s2 - FALL - 5 - 19 - 2 - 0 - 9
5%
samdemars - LHDD - 24 - 15 - 1 - 0 - 5
1%

Total votes : 162

Re: 2022 Clan League Hall of Fame Voting - Vote Now!

Postby MTIceman41 on Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:59 pm

loutil wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:
loutil wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:Too many players that diluted the % here
Again fritzy Dave ball astoriana should be in.

Stats are great but eyeball test and discernment hereā€¦
Who leads games? Who wins pivotal games?

Love what we are doing here but I think a panel of voters that are unbiased is what this needs

and by extension...I should not? What exactly is the eyeball test? How do you know how many games a particular player leads if you are not in their clan? You and I have never teamed and have only played against each other 7 times. How could you possibly know what games I lead or what pivotal games I win?

Who are these unbiased voters? You? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have your opinions, just like the rest of us. We are ALL biased by our experiences and associations. Nobody is immune to that.....

Little rough here? Bad lift day?
You are already in so why include you? Glad I still reside in your head.
Just a voice of reason to players like fritz and others that should be in.
Funny guy Lou
Would you not have fritz in? Or Dave of the others? Why are you being so combative?

Sorry, that was a little rough. Actually recovering from COVID and been stuck at home for what seems forever....
I voted for Fritz, so yes. But, everyone cannot get in. Plus, as I stated, there is always some level of bias when dealing with this stuff. It is always hard to judge a players skill when playing against them in team games as we do not know who is leading/making decisions. Some of the choices, last year, seemed more obvious to me as I had played most of them 1 v 1 and could speak well to their skill levels. Harder for me this year, to vote, as I had significantly less 1 v 1 with the current group. For that reason, I leaned more on the general stats as they seem a good indicator and correlated to my own observations.

Kisses and agree
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby rockfist on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:04 pm

IcePack wrote:Yeah I really donā€™t understand that unless ppl just voting for their friends / clan mates and popularity contest type thing

Iā€™m not ashamed to say I voted for him. Iā€™m also not ashamed to say I have no love of Fallen. But Iā€™m not everybody on both counts.

One of my ā€œeye testsā€ is how do they perform against me? Itā€™s not all about their record against me (in team games 1v1 means little to me) but are they competitive (someone could play 8 games against me and have shit luck/drops in six of them and I wouldnā€™t use that as a reason to exclude them if they played well in the other two).
Brigadier rockfist

Postby loutil on Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:33 pm

Out of curiosity, I looked up my record vs Ballenus, Astor, RC, Dave and RobesP.
Overall I am 69-57 vs that group. This includes being 15-7 vs them 1 v 1. Although, most of that is against RC (11-7). I think it shows how close and competitive most of us, on that list, are in reality.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:04 pm

rockfist wrote:
IcePack wrote:Yeah I really donā€™t understand that unless ppl just voting for their friends / clan mates and popularity contest type thing

Iā€™m not ashamed to say I voted for him. Iā€™m also not ashamed to say I have no love of Fallen. But Iā€™m not everybody on both counts.

One of my ā€œeye testsā€ is how do they perform against me? Itā€™s not all about their record against me (in team games 1v1 means little to me) but are they competitive (someone could play 8 games against me and have shit luck/drops in six of them and I wouldnā€™t use that as a reason to exclude them if they played well in the other two).

Yeah when I voted I put aside all clan names / like or dislikes and voted on anyone I thought was deserving. Ultimately itā€™s hard to know who leads or follows, or structures within various groups but someone like fritz not getting in is pretty tough especially when considering the full scope of things (and Iā€™d say that even if he wasnā€™t fallen, just so happens to know him a little better)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby GoranZ on Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:42 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Public apology to rcfritz. The guy is 4th all time in scoring, has the 10th best all time season average, has played 9 season, won a title, won an individual title and somehow managed to get stiffed with only the 5th most votes.

I am incredibly disappointed in the voting public here.

Tip for the next voting that you will organize... As organizer preserve the right to include someone where you like it on the table with a wildcard(you won't have to use it very often).
This is being used in other sports and sometimes the results are better than expected.

Goran Ivanisevic's story for his Wimbledon title
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:58 pm

Good debate! Despite my shock at the lack of voting for certain players, I am going to go ahead and stick with my original guns. Maybe we change things up next year but for now, an incredibly deserving player is inducted as well as a special selection who I believe is also very well deserving. Congrats loutil and Lindax.

Class of 2022
A one man class as voted by his peers and a special selection as chosen by me.

Special Selection: Lindax - Still an active player within the community as a Tournament Director and member of LION, Lindax is the community team member who has organized and led more Clan Leagues than anyone else at four seasons. That's good for 1/3 of what I consider "modern" Clan League seasons. Thanks Lindax, you deserve recognition for your contributions to making Clan League into what it is today. =D> =D>

Peer Selection #1: loutil - MM & TOFU - #5 adjusted average per season, #1 ranked player CL10, #12 all time scorer, 3x Top 10 finisher, 1 team title in 6 seasons, Silver Club Member (Top 100 rank each season)
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby rockfist on Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Congratulations to both!

Another way of doing it (not necessarily better) would be to say the top x vote getters regardless of percentages get in, but you could get to a huge number of players inducted if you do that every year and it could lose meaning.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:50 pm

rockfist wrote:Another way of doing it (not necessarily better) would be to say the top x vote getters regardless of percentages get in, but you could get to a huge number of players inducted if you do that every year and it could lose meaning.

Yeah, that was my thought exactly. I don't want to just force 3-5 in every year. I think we have a few that are no brainers and I considered just adding them because wtf, but I'll adhere to the system I internally agreed to for this year ha

Ultimately, I'll finish Cup rankings (LOL) and then maybe do something like combine them into an overall Clan HOF. At that point, adding maybe top 3 vote getters makes more sense because you're bringing in multiple competitive arenas. We'll see how things go over the winter, I don't see myself having a ton of time until after November.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Lindax on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:25 am

Thank you for the honour Scotty!

Couldn't have done it without my fellow CDs.... =D>

Lx
Last edited by Lindax on Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Keefie on Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:21 am

Lindax wrote:Thank you for the honour Scotty!

Couldn't have done it without my fellow TDs.... =D>

Lx

or even CD's ;)
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby loutil on Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:27 am

Appreciate the work you did, NSS, and the support of my fellow players. Thank you.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby Lindax on Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:05 am

Keefie wrote:
Lindax wrote:Thank you for the honour Scotty!

Couldn't have done it without my fellow TDs.... =D>

Lx

or even CD's ;)

Oops :shock:

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:57 pm

Do I still need to - "Vote Now!" ? ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Previous

Return to Clan Archives