Conquer Club

Hack or a weak attempt at humour?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hack or a weak attempt at humour?

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 am

xroads wrote:Oh that is right, and then you got high and mighty and was too chicken to play us in CL8 because you actually knew it would be a major beat down.

You have become a true troll of the site.

I already explained I don't like playing against you or several of your clan mates, but I was well aware we couldn't simply opt out of playing against you in CL8. I'm not sure why you said we didn't play against you, because we did. The correct wording is "were too chicken", by the way. It seems both your memory and English skills are rather lacking. Poor brain rotting away with minimal use I guess. Go back to cheating, it seems to be a profession within S&M, specifically previous KoRT members.

Extreme Ways wrote:Ice is implying you're not aeternus, but rather having a closing down sale. It IS an attempt at humor and not a jab.

Yes, thank you, I totally had no idea what my clan's name meant and needed you to tell me. Thanks so much. All this time I just thought I'd made up a random word! Come back when you say something relevant, please. Of course the meaning of Aeternus was used to make the "joke"; that doesn't mean it wasn't a targeted jab at me / our clan. Do you really think it's on the same level as "The Wolf Pups" or "The Odd Tasting Soy Product"?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I didn't take any kind of shot at FALL. I simply said that I think whoever wins between FOED and LHDD will advance to the final. That's my opinion based on FALL's recent 40-21 loss to TOFU and lacklustre performance in the CL. I believe it's understandable. I also said I'm likely biased as I have deep, inner loves for FOED and LHDD.

I don't see how making a prediction is a pot shot.

Please, never ever say to me "if you can dish it out, you gotta be prepared to take it". I can dish it out more than most here and I can sure as hell take it. I regularly come across people who attempt to start shit with me, then I retaliate and they're suddenly extremely offended because they didn't know what they were getting themselves into. It's classic, and very common all over the internet, just like people who act tough online and are pathetically weak in person. I don't say anything online I wouldn't say to someone's face. That's just how I am, so yes, I can take it,

I just find it rather sad that the Head Clan Director has chosen to take a targeted stab at Aeternus, whilst just rolling along with light-hearted jokes on all the other clans. Of course IcePack will post here like "it was just some fun I meant nothing by it blah blah" or some similar bullshit, but I don't really care. The intent is obvious and I don't find it amusing. Oh well, just means I won't treat the lovely Jason with any kind of respect again in the future, works for me.

iAmCaffeine wrote:Of course the meaning of Aeternus was used to make the "joke"; that doesn't mean it wasn't a targeted jab at me / our clan. Do you really think it's on the same level as "The Wolf Pups" or "The Odd Tasting Soy Product"?

Morning everyone. First, just to clear the air I didn't take any sort of comments as jabs vs Fallen. Nor was this in "response" to anything about my clan nor myself. I have enough sense to keep personal stuff aside when doing events like this. Nor did any of that bother me when it was said, I'm sure I've made many similar comments in the past whether jokingly or predictions etc

Some were probably harsher then others, but I did level more towards people who I thought would have a sense of humor about it or had a reputation for "dishing" things out etc. However, at the end of the day I apologize if anything I did came across poorly. While The Odd Tasting Soy Product isn't that rough, Hookers and Blow sure isn't a walk in the park either.

Those guys I once liked, didn't have anythign to do w their name, was actually a little side thing that happened the other day and I told them (jokingly) they were all getting foed and wasn't speaking with them anymore. We can't make up our minds wasn't because they were a combination of clans, but because they've gone from MM, to MMM, to EGAD, back to MM.

Anywhom, it defintely wasn't targetted towards your clan. You (Caff) are pretty much the only one I know from your clan publically. It probably had more towards you posting this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=152877&start=3200#p4936860

iAmCaffeine wrote:My time on this site is definitely reaching its limit. My clan already knows. I guess we'll see when I finally decide to pack it in.

Sorry, I thought you would get the reference from something you posted earlier in the day. If you didn't find it funny, you could have PM'd me and I would have changed it yesterday. I was fairly busy getting ready for my weekend trip, so I was only playing games + checking PM's. Bottom line, I apologize for anything anyone thought crossed the line. It wasn't meant to target your clan or any sort of recent performance that you referenced. I'll change it to something else for the duration of the event.
Thanks
IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby gigi_b on Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 am

"This is a mouthful" ...ahahaha
"Finding Nemo" is also tied to first spot.

and from all those I only find "Alpha and Omegas" a bit mean....from all the publicly available stuff it has it's sense of truth, but I guess I wouldn't find it particularly funny if I were one of the "omegas" bunch..:)

Also like the acronyms ....somehow "the Most Interesting clan in the World" goes for short as "BEST"...who would've knew!? :)))
Cadet gigi_b

Postby rockfist on Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 am

Much ado about nothing.

All in fun.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 am

I can obviously take a joke, but it seemed to be strictly targeted at our clan considering you're well aware of some of the troubles we've gone through. I was gonna say "all", but realised that some issues had been dealt with admin only. I understood the reasoning behind MM's. Fair enough FOED's was an inside joke, but it basically had the same meaning I explained. Hookers & Blow isn't offensive.

I guess I got the wrong end of the stick based on our somewhat turbulent relationship. I still find it funny how many people thought it necessary to comment on my opinion.

How is Alphas and Omegas remotely mean at all? Lol.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby gigi_b on Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 am

No no...you've read it wrong...it's Alpha ...and omegas (notice the "s"-s..;) )

Oh and I just skimmed through the posts in the "argument"...for ATN I thought it was a jest at your small roster of players....just went through ICePack's post and saw he was hinting at something different, so I guess I got it wrong. Maybe I got wrong the Alpha and Omegas bit..but hey...does it matter that it's another joke....was funny, made me laugh...:)
Last edited by gigi_b on Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet gigi_b

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am

gigi_b wrote:No no...you've read it wrong...it's Alpha ...and omegas (notice the "s"-s..;) )

iAmCaffeine wrote:How is Alpha and Omegas remotely mean at all? Lol.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby rockfist on Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 am

I have no mean names for ATN, that might change shortly though. Now ask me about S&M, Fallen, LHDD, FOED, or TOP and I might answer differently, but I can admit that I curse privately during some of those wars/matches - I don't need to air it publicly. I can imagine that we've been privately cursed at by some of members of the above from time to time or if we haven't we aren't winning enough (which we aren't IMO).
Brigadier rockfist

Postby gigi_b on Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 am

Hmmm...explaining a joke is like 50% off fun factor (to make a subtle analogy)...

Say I had a clan and it was called "gigi_b and The Bunch".....anything now?

iAmCaffeine wrote:
gigi_b wrote:No no...you've read it wrong...it's Alpha ...and omegas (notice the "s"-s..;) )

iAmCaffeine wrote:How is Alpha and Omegas remotely mean at all? Lol.
Last edited by gigi_b on Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet gigi_b

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 am

Lol, I'm not stupid. I get the joke, I just don't think it's mean. People always assuming they have a higher level of intelligence than others, smh.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby gigi_b on Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Lol, I'm not stupid. I get the joke, I just don't think it's mean. People always assuming they have a higher level of intelligence than others, smh.

All right all right! :D
Cadet gigi_b

Postby Conchobar on Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 am

rockfist wrote:I have no mean names for ATN, that might change shortly though. Now ask me about S&M, Fallen, LHDD, FOED, or TOP and I might answer differently, but I can admit that I curse privately during some of those wars/matches - I don't need to air it publicly. I can imagine that we've been privately cursed at by some of members of the above from time to time or if we haven't we aren't winning enough (which we aren't IMO).

Hahaha, oh you have no idea the things you stinky bean curds have been called in team game chats in the past. :lol:
But actually, now that you mention it, this season it was pretty much all just rainbows and unicorn farts. :P
Colonel Conchobar

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 9:29 am

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but I tend to just tell people what I think of them rather than curse privately.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby itake on Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 am

shocked439 wrote:I cried I was laughing so hard. ATN's was a bit savage but I still laughed sorry caff

I thought it was pretty funny. If you wait a week, we'll be down to 70% off.

Best gamechat ever! Game 12681497
Major itake

Postby IcePack on Thu May 18, 2017 9:46 am

iAmCaffeine wrote: Hookers & Blow isn't offensive.

This one was actually one of the ones I was most worried about being taken the wrong way. While my use of it was associated with someone BDSM type S&M signature and for some reason associating that with hookers and blow, they do have a bunch of female players that could have easily read into this the wrong way and thought I was calling them hookers or something.

That would be pretty offensive, and that would also be not the intent behind it but thankfully everyone mostly seems to have taken the event for the fun it was intended.

But again, hopefully anyone who is bothered will PM me to let me know and I'll make sure to edit and apologize if someone truly is upset by something I wrote.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 am

~~~~
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 am

It's been changed, FWIW

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 am

~~~~
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby shocked439 on Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 am

itake wrote:
shocked439 wrote:I cried I was laughing so hard. ATN's was a bit savage but I still laughed sorry caff

I thought it was pretty funny. If you wait a week, we'll be down to 70% off.

At that price I'll take the whole lot!
Sergeant shocked439

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 am

~~~~
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby celliottii on Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 am

Hack or humor this sh*t is funny!!!

As the co-clan leader of "We can't make up our minds [?????]" the new name actually fits our bipolar, multi-personality, schizophrenic, dysfunctional family...Heck, we're still waiting for EBConquer to update our logo.

and for everyone who didn't bust a gut reading the new clan names....this is for you :D

:D :lol: :D :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :-$
Sergeant 1st Class celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Keefie on Thu May 18, 2017 10:58 am

The Aeternus name change was by me and not Ice.

I really thought that Caff would find it funny. Sorry mate, I meant no offense by it :(
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby EBConquer on Thu May 18, 2017 11:54 am

celliottii wrote:...Heck, we're still waiting for EBConquer to update our logo.

You are? :lol: :lol: I have a feeling that I forgot to do something. Is this something we talked about? :P I'll PM you.
Colonel EBConquer

Postby jdw35 on Thu May 18, 2017 12:07 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I didn't take any kind of shot at FALL. I simply said that I think whoever wins between FOED and LHDD will advance to the final. That's my opinion based on FALL's recent 40-21 loss to TOFU and lacklustre performance in the CL. I believe it's understandable. I also said I'm likely biased as I have deep, inner loves for FOED and LHDD.

I don't see how making a prediction is a pot shot.

Please, never ever say to me "if you can dish it out, you gotta be prepared to take it". I can dish it out more than most here and I can sure as hell take it. I regularly come across people who attempt to start shit with me, then I retaliate and they're suddenly extremely offended because they didn't know what they were getting themselves into. It's classic, and very common all over the internet, just like people who act tough online and are pathetically weak in person. I don't say anything online I wouldn't say to someone's face. That's just how I am, so yes, I can take it, I just find it rather sad that the Head Clan Director has chosen to take a targeted stab at Aeternus, whilst just rolling along with light-hearted jokes on all the other clans. Of course IcePack will post here like "it was just some fun I meant nothing by it blah blah" or some similar bullshit, but I don't really care. The intent is obvious and I don't find it amusing. Oh well, just means I won't treat the lovely Jason with any kind of respect again in the future, works for me.

For someone who can "sure as hell take it", you sure do cry a lot any time you or your clan are teased.

Mod Edit
Major jdw35

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives