Conquer Club

Video Gamers United (VGU)- SIGN UP TODAY!

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Video Gamers United

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Master Chief wrote:I also wanted to copy and paste this:

I'm a big fan of most things Nintendo, Mario (3 for NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube), Oldschool donkey kong country (3 SNES, N64, and new one on Wii I have yet to play), super mario RPG, Paper mario (all 3), Mario and Luigi (all 3, handheld only), Super Mario Galaxy (haven't played the 2nd), All of the Zelda games, (2 NES, SNES, 2 N64, 3 Gameboy, 3 Gamecube, Wii, 2 DS, 2 GBA), Metroid games (NES, SNES, 2 GBA, 2 Gamecube, 2 Wii), No More Heroes (2 Wii), Golden Sun (Joint effort of Camelot and Nintendo, 2 GBA and DS sequel soon), Mario Kart (SNES, GBA, N64, Gamecube, DS, Wii), Super Smash (N64, Gamecube, Wii), Mario Sports games (Golf, Baseball, Tennis), Mario Party games (Owned all 8 at one point), and a few others I'm probably forgetting right now. lol. Does anyone feel the way I do? :)

I only enjoyed the old Nintendo systems, NES and SNES, as beyond Mario and some of the originals, not a big fan of what they put out. Moved onto PS, which was good, but never got a PS2 because really didnt enjoy that either from my few experiences. Really an Xbox person now, play alot of sports games, though play some select FPS'ers and RPGs. Pretty good at the Halo series, though its hard to get people to play when they're obsessed with that joke-of-a-game Black Ops...

Also, shoutout to the Pokemon series for Gameboy, been playing it for nearly 10 years... :D
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Master Chief on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
Master Chief wrote:I also wanted to copy and paste this:

I'm a big fan of most things Nintendo, Mario (3 for NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube), Oldschool donkey kong country (3 SNES, N64, and new one on Wii I have yet to play), super mario RPG, Paper mario (all 3), Mario and Luigi (all 3, handheld only), Super Mario Galaxy (haven't played the 2nd), All of the Zelda games, (2 NES, SNES, 2 N64, 3 Gameboy, 3 Gamecube, Wii, 2 DS, 2 GBA), Metroid games (NES, SNES, 2 GBA, 2 Gamecube, 2 Wii), No More Heroes (2 Wii), Golden Sun (Joint effort of Camelot and Nintendo, 2 GBA and DS sequel soon), Mario Kart (SNES, GBA, N64, Gamecube, DS, Wii), Super Smash (N64, Gamecube, Wii), Mario Sports games (Golf, Baseball, Tennis), Mario Party games (Owned all 8 at one point), and a few others I'm probably forgetting right now. lol. Does anyone feel the way I do? :)

I only enjoyed the old Nintendo systems, NES and SNES, as beyond Mario and some of the originals, not a big fan of what they put out. Moved onto PS, which was good, but never got a PS2 because really didnt enjoy that either from my few experiences. Really an Xbox person now, play alot of sports games, though play some select FPS'ers and RPGs. Pretty good at the Halo series, though its hard to get people to play when they're obsessed with that joke-of-a-game Black Ops...

Also, shoutout to the Pokemon series for Gameboy, been playing it for nearly 10 years... :D

Yeah, I finally gave in and started playing Xbox. I got hooked on COD from my cousin and my roommates. I like Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed... etc. I don't really like sports games, that's my cousin's favorite genre.

I LOVE POKEMON!!! :)
Highest place: 11th in 2006
Highest score: 2866 in 2011
Highest rank: Colonel in 2006

Captain Master Chief

Postby Gilligan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Pokemon <3
Captain Gilligan

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:08 pm

It's been like...17 years, and I STILL can't beat the Lion King for Sega Genesis. DISNEY GAMES ARE THE HARDEST
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Master Chief on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Army of GOD wrote:It's been like...17 years, and I STILL can't beat the Lion King for Sega Genesis. DISNEY GAMES ARE THE HARDEST

I KNOW! I could never beat that one, Aladdin, or The Little Mermaid!!! (I'm being dead serious).

I think I've played most pokemon games too, I had to buy a 2nd DS so I could trade with myself since I have no gamer friends.... :cry:

Captain Master Chief

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:It's been like...17 years, and I STILL can't beat the Lion King for Sega Genesis. DISNEY GAMES ARE THE HARDEST

I KNOW! I could never beat that one, Aladdin, or The Little Mermaid!!! (I'm being dead serious).

I think I've played most pokemon games too, I had to buy a 2nd DS so I could trade with myself since I have no gamer friends.... :cry:

The Aladdin level where you have to fly the magic carpet through the lava cave as its collapsing, nearly impossible... :lol:

And i stopped buying Pokemon games after silver/gold, it just got rediculous with what they were adding. After the original 150 (I dont count Mew because you had to cheat to get him..), it really went downhill. It was tolerable when they moved to 250, but i think they're closing in on 1,000 and 100 different types; just too much...
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Gilligan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:19 pm

There's about 650 in Japan, and about 500 here. There are still only 17 types.

I had the Jungle Book for Sega, I don't recall ever beating it...
Captain Gilligan

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Toy Story and Lion King for Genesis are impossible, even on Easy.

I own Red, Blue, Crystal, Gold and Emerald for Pokemon. Emerald was difficult to play just because all the Pokemon were confusing as f*ck, though I know most of the 2nd gen. and obviously all of the first.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby maasman on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:51 pm

I should be completing my pokedex during winter break here once I can borrow a ds to trade with someone. I don't personally own many systems, just n64, gamecube, wii, gameboy advance, and a ds. I've played most of them though because my friends cover the rest of them.
As far as pokemon goes, I have every main game except crystal, platinum, soul silver, and the newest ones that aren't out yet in the US.
Major maasman

Postby Master Chief on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:13 am

Gold Knight wrote:
Master Chief wrote:

The Aladdin level where you have to fly the magic carpet through the lava cave as its collapsing, nearly impossible... :lol:

And i stopped buying Pokemon games after silver/gold, it just got rediculous with what they were adding. After the original 150 (I dont count Mew because you had to cheat to get him..), it really went downhill. It was tolerable when they moved to 250, but i think they're closing in on 1,000 and 100 different types; just too much...

I stopped buying them after gold and silver too. Until this year gold was the last one I played. Then my younger cousin was done with saphire and I started playing again and got hooked again. lol. Then I went and bought platinum, diamond, and Soul Silver. Repetitive, but addictive as shit. For the last 3, I kept the same 4-5 (plus a different 6th) each time, and when I had the new game, I made the necessary trades btwn all games to keep all the good ones I wanted to keep, bred the next generation of my main party team, and then traded them to the new game I just started, and kicked ass from the get go with "flamethrower" and "earthquake" instead of stupid moves like "tackle" and "ember". Made the game a lot more enjoyable.

Captain Master Chief

Postby RiskTycoon on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:42 am

I'm a PS3 guy ... i think Santa said something about Xbox being under the tree though :D

but i do love my PS3 bunches
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:34 am

maasman wrote:I should be completing my pokedex during winter break here once I can borrow a ds to trade with someone. I don't personally own many systems, just n64, gamecube, wii, gameboy advance, and a ds. I've played most of them though because my friends cover the rest of them.
As far as pokemon goes, I have every main game except crystal, platinum, soul silver, and the newest ones that aren't out yet in the US.

Really?! Me too! I'm missing two...
Captain Gilligan

Postby maasman on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 am

When is this forum thing coming around?
Major maasman

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am

Gilligan wrote:
maasman wrote:I should be completing my pokedex during winter break here once I can borrow a ds to trade with someone. I don't personally own many systems, just n64, gamecube, wii, gameboy advance, and a ds. I've played most of them though because my friends cover the rest of them.

I could never get close to completing the pokedex in the newer ones because the only person i knew who played besides me was my brother, and he sucked at the game. So I'd always get all the possible ones to catch in silver (including the 3 dogs thanks to Kurt's Fast Balls :D ) and the easy trade evolves like Golem and Gengar, but it was too much of a hassle to tell him how to catch the others i needed... But I completed the Pokedex a couple of times on Red, once i got every single Pokemon to level 99 and only used the Rare Candy cheat on a few that would be a pain to level them up...

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:07 am

I'll be PMing everyone when the usergroup forum is up.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby maasman on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I am able to play brawl at any time today online, just an fyi guys :)
Major maasman

Postby Master Chief on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Gilligan wrote:

I've own Snap, Stadium 1 and 2, Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Saphire, Diamond, Platinum and Soul Silver. So I guess I'm missing a few, but at least 1 from every handheld 'generation'.

Captain Master Chief

Postby Master Chief on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:16 pm

maasman wrote:When is this forum thing coming around?

Victor tells me that it should be by the end of this weekend. Hopefully. If I don't hear from them by Monday, I will send them another message.

Sorry for the wait.

Captain Master Chief

Postby Master Chief on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

I could never get close to completing the pokedex in the newer ones because the only person i knew who played besides me was my brother, and he sucked at the game. So I'd always get all the possible ones to catch in silver (including the 3 dogs thanks to Kurt's Fast Balls :D ) and the easy trade evolves like Golem and Gengar, but it was too much of a hassle to tell him how to catch the others i needed... But I completed the Pokedex a couple of times on Red, once i got every single Pokemon to level 99 and only used the Rare Candy cheat on a few that would be a pain to level them up...

LOL, I used to use that cheat, something about going to the safari zone, not catching anything, then go surfing to seafoam island and surf along the edge till you find "missing#" and then he'll give you 100 of whatever item was in your 6th item slot. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but that's what I think it was. And I'm sad to say that I was one of those kids that used a gameshark to mass produce mew's and celebi's and became the most popular kid at school (at least among the nerds). After the 2nd generation though, I didn't cheat. Well.... kinda. I bought a used version of Platinum, and when I got it there was already a save file. In it, the game was completed, the boxes were loaded with hundreds of mass produced rare pokemon at extremely high levels with amazing moves, and all the items in the bags were at 999. So yeah. I may have used some of the TM's, Vitamins, PP Max, and Lucky Eggs.... but that's about it. I made my own pokemon, I didn't use any of his. I used my Saphire 6 and when I beat the game, hatched a new generation and transferred it to Diamond, then same thing, at the end, new generation and transferred it to Soul Silver. Fun shit. :)

Captain Master Chief

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:38 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

LOL, I used to use that cheat, something about going to the safari zone, not catching anything, then go surfing to seafoam island and surf along the edge till you find "missing#" and then he'll give you 100 of whatever item was in your 6th item slot. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but that's what I think it was. And I'm sad to say that I was one of those kids that used a gameshark to mass produce mew's and celebi's and became the most popular kid at school (at least among the nerds). After the 2nd generation though, I didn't cheat. Well.... kinda. I bought a used version of Platinum, and when I got it there was already a save file. In it, the game was completed, the boxes were loaded with hundreds of mass produced rare pokemon at extremely high levels with amazing moves, and all the items in the bags were at 999. So yeah. I may have used some of the TM's, Vitamins, PP Max, and Lucky Eggs.... but that's about it. I made my own pokemon, I didn't use any of his. I used my Saphire 6 and when I beat the game, hatched a new generation and transferred it to Diamond, then same thing, at the end, new generation and transferred it to Soul Silver. Fun shit. :)

Think it was the 9th slot on the east coast of Cinnabar Island, but I wont beat on ya for details... :lol: And did you ever catch MissingNo/MBlock? In the off-chance it didnt corrupt your game, the thing was a monster. Killed everything in one attack, never missed. Think only once I got to use it without the game file getting corrupted though...

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Master Chief on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 am

Gold Knight wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Think it was the 9th slot on the east coast of Cinnabar Island, but I wont beat on ya for details... :lol: And did you ever catch MissingNo/MBlock? In the off-chance it didnt corrupt your game, the thing was a monster. Killed everything in one attack, never missed. Think only once I got to use it without the game file getting corrupted though...

You might be right about the slot, but I didn't think it took that long to get to 'cinnabar' and thought that 'seafoam' was the closer one. Cinnabar was the one closest to pallet and seafoam was the one closest to fushia. I knew it was the east coast, but I could have sworn it was seafoam. Oh well. No, I never caught it. I heard too many warnings about it corrupting the data and I had gotten too far and cheated too much to let that happen. :)

Captain Master Chief

Postby Commander9 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Sign me up here as well.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Master Chief on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Commander9 wrote:Sign me up here as well.

Added. Welcome to the group! =D>

Captain Master Chief

Postby Gold Knight on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Master Chief wrote:You might be right about the slot, but I didn't think it took that long to get to 'cinnabar' and thought that 'seafoam' was the closer one. Cinnabar was the one closest to pallet and seafoam was the one closest to fushia. I knew it was the east coast, but I could have sworn it was seafoam. Oh well. No, I never caught it. I heard too many warnings about it corrupting the data and I had gotten too far and cheated too much to let that happen. :)

I think I may have heard it was also possible on Seafoam, but I dont think I ever tried it there. I know Cinnabar works because of how many times i did it... :D It was also some scary shit when instead of MissingNo you ran into one of the level 173 Kingler's that wouldnt let you run away. He would use bubble and vicegrip and it killed whoever it hit. Caught one of them before too, and that corrupted my game...

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Master Chief on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
Master Chief wrote:You might be right about the slot, but I didn't think it took that long to get to 'cinnabar' and thought that 'seafoam' was the closer one. Cinnabar was the one closest to pallet and seafoam was the one closest to fushia. I knew it was the east coast, but I could have sworn it was seafoam. Oh well. No, I never caught it. I heard too many warnings about it corrupting the data and I had gotten too far and cheated too much to let that happen. :)

I think I may have heard it was also possible on Seafoam, but I dont think I ever tried it there. I know Cinnabar works because of how many times i did it... :D It was also some scary shit when instead of MissingNo you ran into one of the level 173 Kingler's that wouldnt let you run away. He would use bubble and vicegrip and it killed whoever it hit. Caught one of them before too, and that corrupted my game...

I think I remember that. But yes I'm positive that seafoam worked. Never tried cinnabun. :) As I said, I never tried to catch anything from there... How many times did you play that game over and over with all those corruptions?

Captain Master Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup