Conquer Club

Noted oomobi/DeathMatch (Multis) [TFO]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

oomobi/DeathMatch (Multis) [TFO]

Postby murphy16 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Accused:

oomobi
DeathMatch

The accused are suspected of:

Being Multis

Game number(s):

Game 18196989

Comments:
Honestly, there are too many games to put here. Only 17 of DeathMatch’s 58 games aren’t with oomobi. Many of their games are 1v1 where oomobi wins every time. In our most recent game Game 18196989 the play is from red to me to green is all simultaneous. Odd given that one is freemium, one is premium and extremely different ranks.
Sergeant 1st Class murphy16

Re: oomobi/DeathMatch (Multis) [tg]

Postby bdretske on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 am

Game 18002854

There’s chat. They appear to be classmates. Multi’s, probably not. However, it appears that Deathmatch is 100% throwing games in oomobi’s favor. A great example of that is Game 17959022. On feudal maps, constant bombarding neutrals so the castle is down to 1 from the start.
Major bdretske

Postby oomobi on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Hey all,

DeathMatch is my SO who didn’t like the site so we first switched to playing each other, then to teaming up.

Please let us know if this is against the rules.
Captain oomobi

Postby bdretske on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 pm

It’s againstvthevrules to purposely throw matches against anyone, especially a classmate in 25 straight games
Major bdretske

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:20 pm

bdretske wrote:It’s againstvthevrules to purposely throw matches against anyone, especially a classmate in 25 straight games

You luck dumber every time you post in a C&A thread. If you could read, you'd see oomobi has already explained that DeathMatch is his significant other, not his classmate. Furthermore, they have been playing mostly doubles games together for quite a while now.

Do you really think DeathMatch is throwing games to oomobi?

Game 18178955 - 13rds 1v1 Doodle
Game 18007506 - 16rds 1v1 Lux

There is clearly just a skill disparity between the two of them, but they wanted to play some games together. I can vouch for oomobi that he is a good player. I've also advised that given the difference, they're best just playing team games together from now on which is what they've started doing anyway.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby bdretske on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:52 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
bdretske wrote:It’s againstvthevrules to purposely throw matches against anyone, especially a classmate in 25 straight games

You luck dumber every time you post in a C&A thread. If you could read, you'd see oomobi has already explained that DeathMatch is his significant other, not his classmate. Furthermore, they have been playing mostly doubles games together for quite a while now.

Do you really think DeathMatch is throwing games to oomobi?

Game 18178955 - 13rds 1v1 Doodle
Game 18007506 - 16rds 1v1 Lux

There is clearly just a skill disparity between the two of them, but they wanted to play some games together. I can vouch for oomobi that he is a good player. I've also advised that given the difference, they're best just playing team games together from now on which is what they've started doing anyway.

Get off my dick caffeine. Because SO is such a commonly known acronym? Did you even read my post? Death bombarding Neutrals down to 1 from the first turn on feudal. Yes, it’s obvious throwing games.

And FYI, in chat it says “after class” so chances are they do go to school together, dumbass. Geez, go find someone else to f*ck with as I won’t put up with your desperate attempt to put others down.

Did you look at the games you tagged? Round 16 game, Death had the game, deployed 19 and instead of attacking, took neutrals and let oomobi win. Damn you are an idiot and gullible if you think that isn’t obvious tanking.
Major bdretske

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Eh, not much point arguing because it'll just get another thread locked but to answer your points:

1. Even if you didn't know what SO stood for, surely you questioned what it meant assuming you read the post?

2. They don't go to school together and they aren't classmates. I know that. Also, it could easily have meant only one of them was in class, you're just making assumptions. I'm not making any kind of desperate attempt to put anyone down, I'm commenting here on the basis I've had personal conversations with oomobi.

3. Are you referring to DeathMatch's turn, which was 2 turns after oomobi had deployed 18. In the turn oomobi deployed 18 (round 12), he held Lux City and Terres Rouges. DeathMatch held Ardennes but oomobi broke the bonus with his cash. It then looks like DeathMatch took Remich to try and get in position to break oomobi's bonuses. She was deploying 3. Then oomobi played his next turn and deployed 6, pretty much clearing up DeathMatch by taking 3 of her 8 regions. By that point the game was most likely decided as it's Round 13 and the game was over in Round 16. I think you missed that this game was trench.

At least look at the game logs in depth if you want to try and argue about them.

Edit: to add to the above, you can see oomobi gave DeathMatch advice in Game 18002854, and I expect he has given her more tips out of game since they would obviously communicate a lot, being a couple. DeathMatch also compained about oomobi getting first turn in 3/3 games which wouldn't make sense if she intended to lose.

As for your Feudal comment, it has to be in reference to Game 17959022 in which it was actually oomobi who bombarded a load of neutrals in the first turn, before taking them the turn after. Clearly neither of them know how to play the map and it came up in Random. It's literally the only time oomobi has played on either Feudal map. DeathMatch actually deployed first turn and didn't bombard/assault anything, at least not successfully, so your information is wrong.

I'm happy to continue providing logical explanations for every point you make until this report is dealt with if you really want to go down that road. Right now I think it's clear that oomobi and DeathMatch are just playing a game together as something to do as a couple. There is an obvious skill disparity and after DeathMatch was having zero fun losing 1v1 games over and over, so they moved onto team games. The only realistic outcome of this report is for it to be noted just on the off chance anything did happen in the future.
Last edited by iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:22 pm

iAC wins this thread.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby bdretske on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:25 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Eh, not much point arguing because it'll just get another thread locked but to answer your points:

1. Even if you didn't know what SO stood for, surely you questioned what it meant assuming you read the post?

2. They don't go to school together and they aren't classmates. I know that. Also, it could easily have meant only one of them was in class, you're just making assumptions. I'm not making any kind of desperate attempt to put anyone down, I'm commenting here on the basis I've had personal conversations with oomobi.

3. Are you referring to DeathMatch's turn, which was 2 turns after oomobi had deployed 18. In the turn oomobi deployed 18 (round 12), he held Lux City and Terres Rouges. DeathMatch held Ardennes but oomobi broke the bonus with his cash. It then looks like DeathMatch took Remich to try and get in position to break oomobi's bonuses. She was deploying 3. Then oomobi played his next turn and deployed 6, pretty much clearing up DeathMatch by taking 3 of her 8 regions. By that point the game was most likely decided as it's Round 13 and the game was over in Round 16. I think you missed that this game was trench.

At least look at the game logs in depth if you want to try and argue about them.

Edit: to add to the above, you can see oomobi gave DeathMatch advice in Game 18002854, and I expect he has given her more tips out of game since they would obviously communicate a lot, being a couple. DeathMatch also compained about oomobi getting first turn in 3/3 games which wouldn't make sense if she intended to lose.

As for your Feudal comment, it has to be in reference to Game 17959022 in which it was actually oomobi who bombarded a load of neutrals in the first turn, before taking them the turn after. Clearly neither of them know how to play the map and it came up in Random. It's literally the only time oomobi has played on either Feudal map. DeathMatch actually deployed first turn and didn't bombard/assault anything, at least not successfully, so your information is wrong.

I'm happy to continue providing logical explanations for every point you make until this report is dealt with if you really want to go down that road. Right now I think it's clear that oomobi and DeathMatch are just playing a game together as something to do as a couple. There is an obvious skill disparity and after DeathMatch was having zero fun losing 1v1 games over and over, so they moved onto team games. The only realistic outcome of this report is for it to be noted just on the off chance anything did happen in the future.

In that feudal game, I was referring to death’s bombardments in round 2 and 3 and doesn’t take a territory, then again in rounds 6 and 7, after oomobi attacks death, she just happens to deploy and bombard more neutrals. IMO, people who don’t know what they are doing aren’t that bad! Having played a few feudal games (one of my favorite maps) there is way you can get all 8 castles in 10 rounds unless the other person is trying to throw the game. Let the mods take a look. I originally didn’t think it was bad, until you look through all the games. Oomobi always attacks death, and she never retaliates. If she’s just terrible, then fine, but oomobi is still taking advantage to gain points. Last I checked, intentionally farming newb players is against the rules of cc, whether you are dating the newb or not is irrelevant.
Major bdretske

Postby oomobi on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Hey all,

I’m surprised this is still going, but here’s a quick response:

First off, thanks caff for coming to my defense – I really appreciate it.

I’m not going to review all these specific games unless the mods demand it, but tbh I probably won’t remember most of them, and I doubt Death will either. Reason is simple: Most of these were started on the spur of the moment, and usually completed very quickly (feel free to check the logs). We played in various circumstances: when we were sitting together bored, when we were away from each other, late at night, when we were sober, when we were slightly less sober… I think you get the picture. Not surprising if we both made some head-scratching moves along the way.

FYI you should check my 1v1s against ketzel – he destroys me every single game. Gotta be at least a dozen games by now (the one exception was speed/zombie, he said he didn’t know those settings). Do you think I’m throwing those games? I consider myself a damn good player, but for some reason he has my number, and unless I figure out his strategy or improve mine he’ll beat me the next 20 times as well. (We’ve recently started facing each other in 12-player games, no clue what the ‘score’ is there.)

Bdretske is right that dating someone isn’t an excuse to “farm” them – I’m guessing that means playing clueless players simply to rack up points? – but I think he agrees that being in a relationship with someone is a reason to play against them for fun sometimes even if the skill levels (and general interest in the game) are anything but equal. Don't worry, after this whole debate I will definitely not play her 1v1 anymore. I probably will still play ketzel though - I refuse to accept that he's just that much better than me.
Captain oomobi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:58 pm

I don't really think here is much more to say. Anything else at this point is just speculation. Let's see what TeeGee comes back with and then we can all shout at him instead.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm Locking this until TG makes a verdict.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 14, 2018 6:55 pm

They don't appear to be Multi's, but it's Noted just in case.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Closed C&A Reports