Conquer Club

Missing snapshots

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

Missing snapshots

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:29 pm

Operating System: All
Browser: All
Scripts/third party programs used: None

If the bug happened in a game/s, do not forget to indicate the game number/s.

Concise description:
I really like the concept of the new automatic snapshots, but it seems like it's hit or miss if they actually happen.
Game 22810177 - No game start snapshot is showing up.
Game 22810179 - No game start snapshot showing up.
Game 22763763 - The last 4 snapshots (after pink, green, cyan, and blue) are all missing.

Specifics:
I don't know if the issue has to do with who joins the game last and whether they have panels/auto snaps turned on or off or what. Also, I assume all snaps are now private (i.e. not shared with teammates)? That actually leaves us in a far worse position that previously if the auto-snaps don't work. Can you change it so manual snaps are shared in chat (the way they used to be) while auto snaps are solely in the snapshot tab?
Colonel Doc_Brown

Re: Missing snapshots

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:48 pm

Ok, I just realized there is a new option in the Settings for: Snapshot Links in Chat.
When I turn that on, I can see all the snapshots I'm missing in the chat menu only. They don't show up in the snapshots tab though.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:02 pm

No, still a problem. Snapshots in chat don't work correctly. They seem to be provided by the first player on the team, but they can't be displayed. When I click on the in-chat snapshots, nothing happens unless it is a snapshot I manually created. And only the manual snapshots are showing up in the Snapshots menu, so I have no access to them at all.

It looks like the issue is that the setting to put snaps in chat now only puts them there, and only shows one provided by the first player on the team (nice workaround to having multiple snaps in chat every single turn). However, snaps provided by teammates are not displayable for others. So, two fixes:
1. Snaps should always go into the Snapshots menu. The in-chat snaps would be in addition to those.
2. Snaps made by teammates should be clickable/useable for everyone else on the team.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby king achilles on Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:36 pm

A fix has been released. Try again.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:48 pm

That appears to have fixed it. Many thanks! Will let you know if anything else strange occurs.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Return to Bug Reports