Conquer Club

Script: Game Link - Version 1.6.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Greasemonkey Script: Conquer Club Game Link - v 1.3.1

Postby ender516 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:53 am

In some cases, the game link information box pops up behind an image in a signature. These images seem to be ones which have "Click image to enlarge" but are still not clickable. (Maybe BigImg doesn't work in a signature.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby ender516 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:26 am

This script is not producing anything useful right now. Is that due to the downtime banner, or the round limit change, or what?

EDIT:
This is what happens when I post when I'm tired. I thought I remembered this problem, and if I had had the sense to scroll back about three posts, I would have had my answer. Anyway, the banner is gone and so is the problem (at least, for now).

Postby sherkaner on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:50 pm

With Foxglove's permission, I've put a version of this on github. Link to that version:

https://github.com/sherkaner/addons-for ... nk.user.js

I've added some changes:
1.) Uses the API to request the game/player information.
2.) Starts retrieving information only when you hover the first game-link.
3.) If the place is reserved, it will display '(reserved)' behind the user for who it is reserved.

This means that a banner won't impact the script any more (since banners aren't part of the API result), page loading times improved if there are a lot of games on a page, and if you don't hover any no work is done to retrieve any data.

Possible bugs:
API doesn't fetch over 100 games or 100 players at once, and I did not prepare for that yet. So on pages with massive amounts of games, it won't fetch everything. For players it might not retrieve the rank of players properly if there are more than 100 players in the games on a page.
Also, in 1 instance I've seen that the API doesn't retrieve a particular player (Noël Bangma in this case), though if I limit the number of players that player is retrieved. Not sure why that happens though, could also be a bug in the API.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:00 pm

It would be good if this worked on pages like "http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/posting.php?*" so you could check game links in the preview pane. By the way, does anyone besides me think that a popup for [player] links might be a nice addition to this script? It could display a Readers' Digest condensed version of the player's profile: score, rank, win/loss, attendance, rating, ... (whatever is available through the API). I would be interested in what parts others would like to see there.

Postby Dako on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 am

Why don't you make it into single requests on hover? Because it takes a long time to fetch game links anyway and most of the time I need 2-3 games out of 10 only.

As for [player] suggestion - yeah, that will be great as well.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 am

Dako wrote:Why don't you make it into single requests on hover? Because it takes a long time to fetch game links anyway and most of the time I need 2-3 games out of 10 only.

As for [player] suggestion - yeah, that will be great as well.

Because I tend to use it in tournament or clanwar forum pages, where I'm interested in most of the games.
And I'd have to check, but I think it takes around 0.3 second to fetch 40 games now, that's quite good actually (it just doesn't annoy me). So I didn't need to make it faster, it looks like adding one more game isn't that expensive for the server, and I'm not that sure about firing multiple requests.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 pm

Maybe the question is whether there is an advantage to delaying the API request until the first hover. If all the games can be fetched at once with only a minor delay, it might be smoother to do it when the page loads. Most forum users are accustomed to a bit of a delay while loading a page, what with signatures and images and such being loaded. A small extra delay at that point might not be as annoying as the one now at first hover.

The other thing I would like to suggest is extending the @include directives to include https://www... .

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:20 am

ender516 wrote:Maybe the question is whether there is an advantage to delaying the API request until the first hover. If all the games can be fetched at once with only a minor delay, it might be smoother to do it when the page loads. Most forum users are accustomed to a bit of a delay while loading a page, what with signatures and images and such being loaded. A small extra delay at that point might not be as annoying as the one now at first hover.

The other thing I would like to suggest is extending the @include directives to include https://www... .

Actually, my main reason for updating it is introducing that lazy loading, I used to disable the script when going to pages with high amounts of games (clan league if I remember correctly), because that ment the page was a lot slower (10 seconds or so, api should have made it faster). And disabling/enabling is annoying. I could maybe make it an option though.

The https thing is something I can do though (or even you, since you can edit it on github :) ).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:24 pm

I guess the ultimate option technique would be an adjustable threshold: if there are less than N links on the page, then load immediately, else wait for first hover.

I will take a crack at github very soon. I just want to be sure that I do no damage.

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am

ender516 wrote:By the way, does anyone besides me think that a popup for [player] links might be a nice addition to this script?

I believe I already mentioned that earlier in the thread. I would love to see a popup for player links.

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby ender516 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 pm

MrGlassB wrote:
ender516 wrote:By the way, does anyone besides me think that a popup for player links might be a nice addition to this script?

I believe I already mentioned that earlier in the thread. I would love to see a popup for player links.

MGB

I am working on a popup for player links. Right now it is in a separate script for testing purposes, and I am about half done: I have code that will pop up over links that reference users by numerical ID, like those that appear in the header of a post or at the side with the avatars and stuff, but also need to handle links that reference users by name, which is what you get from ender516. Doing both in a simplistic way would be easy, but I am trying to come up with a way to avoid fetching the same user information both ways. Once I work that out, it may be easier to combine this fetching of user information with what Game Link is doing. If that doesn't work out, I will simply release my script separately.

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Awesome. :)

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby sherkaner on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I added the player state to the information (the red/green/yellow thingy indicating whose turn it is) on the github-version, and now it should work for https and thread/post previews too.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I would have taken a shot at the github version as you suggested, but I am having trouble installing git for Cygwin on my PC. I suspect that my disk is too close to full.

Postby DiM on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:33 pm

for some reason this does not work anymore

i keep getting this:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Ffraid on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 pm

DiM wrote:for some reason this does not work anymore

i keep getting this:

I just tested it and it's working for me with that game number. :?:
Colonel Ffraid

Postby eddie2 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm

guys i was getting that then there is a update on page 7 i just clicked that then it works again this link

Major eddie2

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:46 pm

eddie2 wrote:guys i was getting that then there is a update on page 7 i just clicked that then it works again this link

Cheers eddie, it's working for me again.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Calidrmr on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
eddie2 wrote:guys i was getting that then there is a update on page 7 i just clicked that then it works again this link

Cheers eddie, it's working for me again.

thanks, eddie! I have put this link in the OP :D
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby ender516 on Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 pm

I have updated this script, now at version 1.5.0, to show the Special Gameplay information (None, Fog, Trench, or Fog Trench) in place of the Fog of War information seen formerly.

Re: Greasemonkey Script: Conquer Club Game Link - v 1.5.0

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:43 am

This usually works for me fine but for random game numbers recently, it tells me game information cant be found :(
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Re: Greasemonkey Script: Conquer Club Game Link - v 1.5.0

Postby ender516 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 am

Specific examples would be most helpful.

Re: GM Script: Game Link - Version 1.6.0

Postby dgz345 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 pm

i have looks like i have had this update for sometime and forgot to post it
UPDATED!
Lieutenant dgz345

Previous

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements