Conquer Club

lousy dice emulator

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

lousy dice emulator

Postby snoogans on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 am

there is no way that the dice emulator being used in conquer club is anywhere close to realistic. really. how can i roll 3 dice against 1 and lose 15 to 20 times in a row. not gonna happen in real life. also a change needs to be made in using auto assault. i'm not gonna even go into it because i've seen the discussions in the past and conquer club's status on not changing it makes no sense what-so-ever. i don't know it anyone from cc will read this but i don't think i will be renewing my subscription unless these issues are seriously looked into and changed. i do not enjoy playing when i lose "battles" due to ridiculous dice results. or attacking 20 with 100 and losing. i like this game, but am finding myself getting pissed off while playing because of unrealistic dice.
Sergeant snoogans

Re: lousy dice emulator

Postby dgz345 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:39 am

What I know the dices are coming from random.org
And I don't know how much you remember your wining streaks.
There should be a dice stats on your personal menu on the left.

We have a series of 50,000 true random numbers from Random.org. Each time the game engine processes an assault or auto-assault, it select a random spot in the series to read from using a pseudo-random computer function. Each time the game engine rolls the dice, the next number is read in sequence from the series (e.g. in a 3v1 attack 4 numbers are read sequentially). The series of 50,000 true random numbers from Random.org is replaced every hour. As of June 2010 we process 1,000,000 assaults per day.
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby degaston on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 am

dgz345 wrote:What I know the dices are coming from random.org
And I don't know how much you remember your wining streaks.
There should be a dice stats on your personal menu on the left.

We have a series of 50,000 true random numbers from Random.org. Each time the game engine processes an assault or auto-assault, it select a random spot in the series to read from using a pseudo-random computer function. Each time the game engine rolls the dice, the next number is read in sequence from the series (e.g. in a 3v1 attack 4 numbers are read sequentially). The series of 50,000 true random numbers from Random.org is replaced every hour. As of June 2010 we process 1,000,000 assaults per day.

That information is outdated. The updating from random.org broke at some point, so CC was re-using the same dice data over and over. Because the file that it was using did not have an exactly equal number of each roll, the dice stats eventually revealed a problem. There was a long discussion about this in Which number do you roll the most? The last I heard, they had replaced the dice data file with one that had an equal number of each roll, but did not fix the updating from random.org.

There could be sequences in that file that result in winning or losing more often than would normally be expected. I rarely use auto assault, but I have had the experience of auto-assaulting 17 v 3, and lost. The CC gods don't seem to care about this - it took a huge effort to get them to believe that there really was a problem with the dice, and the resulting non-fix was a joke.
Brigadier degaston

Postby torres44cm on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 pm

There are some very smart computer guys on here that have made some excellent suggestions about using a different dice system, but for some reason they all get ignored, which i think has caused a huge decline in people quiting CC. It would be nice if CC took a more realistic look at this. and make some changes that are needed for this.
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby degaston on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:56 pm

torres44cm wrote:There are some very smart computer guys on here that have made some excellent suggestions about using a different dice system, but for some reason they all get ignored, which i think has caused a huge decline in people quiting CC. It would be nice if CC took a more realistic look at this. and make some changes that are needed for this.

From what I can tell, having good quality, truly random dice is not a priority around here.
Brigadier degaston

Return to Tools Suggestions