Conquer Club

Why do we play RISK?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Why do we play RISK?

Postby Misfire on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi everyone, I love RISK and I'm enjoying being on CC. Something I have noticed about some of my opponents is that some have played thousands of games and have been doing so steadily for 10 years here on CC. Apparently they are not getting tired of it. If you are a long time player, what is it that keeps you engaged for so long? Is this the ultimate game? Do you like the online friendships? What is it about this old board game that has kept you so interested and so eager to play so many times for so long? Most people only play it a few times in their life, but what has kept you playing?
Sergeant 1st Class Misfire

Re: Why do we play RISK?

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Clans

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:42 pm

cookies.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Tournaments. And Medals.

And especially Tournament Medals.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TeeGee on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Conquer club is much more than the old risk style board game. There are similarities, but way many more differences.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:50 pm

At the heart of it, it is for me the people. I love playing games but with people who are pleasant to be with. Otherwise I would do something else. I stopped playing golf because of having only angry people to play with (it didn't matter that they were angry with themselves). Here I put a couple of people on foe and the noise level becomes very nice. And then I get involved with places like SoC (Society of Cooks) and I find a wonderful group that I describe as, "A self selected group of people who believe they can learn from others." It makes a difference. And FoE (Friends of Elvis), a social group. And RA (Risk Attackers) my second foray into the clan world.

The people on this site helped carry me through the death of my wife. Something I will always be grateful for. And I can't tell you how important.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby riskllama on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 pm

welcome to CC, Misfire. i mostly stick around here because i love getting trolled... O:)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:30 pm

It's the closest I can get to murdering people without going to prison and having a cheese baby with some guy named Razorknife.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am

TeeGee wrote:Conquer club is much more than the old risk style board game. There are similarities, but way many more differences.

lol
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bonnie16 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:48 pm

To troll llamas =D>
Corporal 1st Class Bonnie16

Postby Lord and Master on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Misfire wrote:Hi everyone, I love RISK and I'm enjoying being on CC. Something I have noticed about some of my opponents is that some have played thousands of games and have been doing so steadily for 10 years here on CC. Apparently they are not getting tired of it. If you are a long time player, what is it that keeps you engaged for so long? Is this the ultimate game? Do you like the online friendships? What is it about this old board game that has kept you so interested and so eager to play so many times for so long? Most people only play it a few times in their life, but what has kept you playing?

Quite like it. On that bombshell...
Lieutenant Lord and Master

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Bonnie16 wrote:To troll llamas =D>

i see what you did there, red.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Nymeria Stark on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:At the heart of it, it is for me the people. I love playing games but with people who are pleasant to be with. Otherwise I would do something else. I stopped playing golf because of having only angry people to play with (it didn't matter that they were angry with themselves). Here I put a couple of people on foe and the noise level becomes very nice. And then I get involved with places like SoC (Society of Cooks) and I find a wonderful group that I describe as, "A self selected group of people who believe they can learn from others." It makes a difference. And FoE (Friends of Elvis), a social group. And RA (Risk Attackers) my second foray into the clan world.

The people on this site helped carry me through the death of my wife. Something I will always be grateful for. And I can't tell you how important.

That is beautiful. I genuinlely wish you all the best.
Brigadier Nymeria Stark

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:40 pm

----I never get tired of "ONE LAST REBEL CHARGE!!!!!!!" 8-) ...As I battle such Honorable Warriors here on C.C...LONG LIVE GAMES OF STRATEGY!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 am

I don't play the game for the enjoyment, rather, I like to peruse the site and find notorious assholes and try to get in a game with them, just for the rage and comedy value.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Misfire on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you for responding everyone. I am glad you have found a place to play RISK because it's hard to find people to play with. I appreciate the response.
Sergeant 1st Class Misfire

Postby JBlombier on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:55 pm

To my amazement, the truth is that I actually still enjoy the game after 10 years of playing it. Also joining my clan in my first year on CC has brought me a great deal of valuable contacts with other players. Meeting about 12 players of my clan in bars and at home for our annual clan-meeting has created a new level of interaction that I enjoy. One of these guys even came to my wedding, because we've gotten so close throughout the years.

However, if I wouldn't enjoy the game anymore, my clan couldn't keep me here.

- JBlombier
Colonel JBlombier

Return to Conquer Club Discussion