Conquer Club

Favourite contry/continent

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Favourite contry/continent

Postby B_A_L_L on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:28 pm

Whats ur Favourite country or continent to own through out a game or why u hate own one over a other
Private 1st Class B_A_L_L

Postby Risk_06 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:57 pm

I think the Middle East is a very important territory to own. It's the gateway to Africa, Asia, and Europe, and you really need to hold it to win the game.

But I still think that Suth America is the best continent to start off with. :D
Corporal 1st Class Risk_06

Postby B_A_L_L on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:14 pm

I like to own austrailia at the begging because if u have a strong hold at indonisia or siam u will build ur army up slowly but surley

Postby thegrimsleeper on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:25 pm

Australia is easier to hold than South America, which is also the reason why the latter is the more useful continent to own. I know someone who plays it as Europe = 6 and S. America = 3, and that seems to work out pretty well.

But personally, I've gotta go with Kumchakka. I have my reasons.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Risk_06 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:32 pm

Yes, but the reason why South America is usually better is that, once you've conquered it, you actually have a place to expand.

You really don't have a place to expand to, once you own Oceania, since conquering Asia is out of the question. The only time conquering Oceania is useful, is when you're trying to conquer some other continent at the same time, and you can use your extra armies there.

Postby B_A_L_L on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:38 pm

Oceaina?

Postby Risk_06 on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:42 pm

Oceania = Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea

Postby B_A_L_L on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:54 pm

i think its way harder to keep europe than north america and there the same pts do others agree

N A

Postby apwessen on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:00 am

I enjoy having North America because its a 5 pt bonus and only has 3 entry points. It is much easier to defend than Europe and is an easy access to South America. Generally, if you control North America, you can work your way down to South America and then to Africa.
Sergeant 1st Class apwessen

Postby BrokePony on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:22 pm

I agree, North America is the continent you want to conquer first if you can. I'm in a game now where I'm trying to conquer Asia first because that's where all my countries were assigned to. I'm basically just waiting for the game to end.
Cook BrokePony

Postby SprCobra on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:28 am

I like Africa i just do i seem to be able to take it and defend it eaisly
Cadet SprCobra

After many many moons I'd have to say

Postby joetalk on Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:41 pm

Ya I'd have to say that its a real toss up for me, I favor Northamerica, but having south america to start is really where its at, I think it give u the ability to bottleneck all the forces coming down from the north as u move up, so my fave country would have to be central america
Cook joetalk

Postby cardozo on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:24 pm

australia is always the easiest and most convenient continent to control; however, it takes too long to mass an offensive from there. Personally, I also think it's the least challenging strategy to take. It's always more exciting to attempt a run at Africa/Europe, or N. and S. America. I agree that South America is the most strategic continent to own b/c the ability to move to either Africa or North America w/ ease.

My favorite country to own is either Central America or Greenland. With either country, you're either knocking on someone's door or protecting the stronghold...generally a guaranteed mega-battle.
Corporal 1st Class cardozo

Postby Risk_06 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:40 am

cardozo wrote:My favorite country to own is either Central America or Greenland. With either country, you're either knocking on someone's door or protecting the stronghold...generally a guaranteed mega-battle.

Nah. I still think Middle East is way better. It's the gateway to Africa, Europe, and Asia!

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:49 am

... He who owns Europe wins. The same could be said for Asia, but it's too tough to hold early on. In Europe you've only a handful of "countries".
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Axelius on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 am

If you play smart your territory can always be defended by a small number of places, at least on the classic map, in the Asia it's harder.

Anyway I like the Middle East 'cause of the same reasons as Risk 06, but Ukraine is also nice...
Corporal 1st Class Axelius

Postby SprCobra on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:37 pm

In the USA map defending is easy(for me anyway)
Cadet SprCobra

Postby Itrade on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:45 pm

My favorite country varies on which continent I'm holding. My favorite continent is Europe because you can hassle africa, america and asia when you hold it, and Oceania and South America are small fish anyway (Although south america is only two countries away).

Normally, however, I take Australia. It's out of the way so no-one will attack you (Unless they want your cards). The disadvantage is that people can get powerful since you can't thwart them easily. I counter this by telling the powerful people the best way to get continents, then killing off the former owner of said continents (This works because it is true that that's the easiest way to get continents and will help them in the short term. Everyone's got a country in asia that's easy to reach but no one cares about to kill for territory (Think irkutsk and japan)) then taking their cards and starting a chain reaction.

In the Asia map, my favorite country is Maratha because if you want to stop and take sri lanka and that other place, you've got to send in a small detachment. Too much people in the detachment and you will have too little to carry out the rest of your strategy with, too few and you might not get the countries at all.
Image My set is a bone coat-of-arms and chandelier! How cool is that?
Sergeant Itrade

Return to Conquer Club Discussion