Conquer Club

CC Rumor Mill

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Rumour has it

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Rumor has it Aussie's still spell 'rumour' the way the queen does.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby BoganGod on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Rumour has it that Australia like most of the Commonwealth speaks and writes English. There are some regional variations, but none the less is English. Americans speak and write some bastard english half tongue called merican. Similar in accuracy and content to Quebec french(the conversational mutterings of Satan).
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BrutalBob on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:33 am

Rumour has it that some groups find it easier to change the language rather than learn to spell properly
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:11 am

BrutalBob wrote:Rumour has it that some groups find it easier to change the language rather than learn to spell properly

Rumour has it that spaniards bastardised their spelling as well as it was too complicated for them to respect greek and latin ethymilogy as other latin languages do
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:48 am

mookiemcgee wrote:Rumor has it Aussie's still spell 'rumour' the way the queen does.

Rumour has it, that's the correct way.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BoganGod on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am

Rumour has it with some degree of certainty that the Queen of England, speaks proper english. Mericans won their trade war/independence tussle, they may spell anything in what ever fashion they wish. However calling their language english is one of the more bald faced porky pies they have told.
Corporal BoganGod

Re: CC Rumor Mill

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 pm

I heard a rumour that something got unlocked.

show
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BoganGod on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Rumour has it that the peforated handed single issue tub thumpER begged team CC to unlock this thread. So he/she/zee could petition for moving this thread to the place that can't be named.
RGJ
Corporal BoganGod

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:40 am

rumor has it, this song peaked #6 on the billboard hits in 1997
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby BoganGod on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:44 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:rumor has it, this song peaked #6 on the billboard hits in 1997

Rumour has it that the australians are behind the times, was used as their Rugby League theme song a few years later.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby owenshooter on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:59 pm

owenshooter wrote:rumor has it, this thread is going to be locked/moved, because people can't follow the one rule of the thread.-Bj

rumor has it, the black jesus is always right...-Bj

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BoganGod on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:22 pm

owenshooter wrote:
owenshooter wrote:rumor has it, this thread is going to be locked/moved, because people can't follow the one rule of the thread.-Bj

rumor has it, the black jesus is always right...-Bj

Rumour has it the melanin enhanced jesus is always right except for when he is getting banned for doxing people. Not right, not funny, not cool!

The Rainbow Gay Jesus. RGJ
Corporal BoganGod

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:03 am

i'm not sure how true it is, but i heard that jesus was actually an eskimo from the little town of Puvirnituq. after traveling across the bering straight in 25 BC, he eventually found himself in present day nepal, after a falling out with with the locals, he drifted over to Bethlehem where he then got drunk and fabricated the whole born in a manger scenario hoping to get free wine. which actually worked. his mother and father actually died long before due to a polar bear attack while tanning baby seal hides.

that's just what i heard..
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:35 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i'm not sure how true it is, but i heard that jesus was actually an eskimo from the little town of Puvirnituq.

rumor has it, racism is not funny:
People in many parts of the Arctic consider Eskimo a derogatory term because it was widely used by racist, non-native colonizers. Many people also thought it meant eater of raw meat, which connoted barbarism and violence. Although the word's exact etymology is unclear, mid-century anthropologists suggested that the word came from the Latin word excommunicati, meaning the excommunicated ones, because the native people of the Canadian Arctic were not Christian.

the proper term is Inuit, so you know:
The Inuit are a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic regions of Canada (Northwest Territories, Nunatsiavut, Nunavik, Nunavut, Nunatukavut), Denmark (Greenland), Russia (Siberia) and the United States (Alaska). Inuit means "the people" in the Inuktitut language.

you are welcome...-Bj

p.s.-i don't remember when this became a thing, but i remember i was shocked to lean it was considered derogatory/racist by Inuits. rumor has it, knowledge is a good thing.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:23 am

owenshooter wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i'm not sure how true it is, but i heard that jesus was actually an eskimo from the little town of Puvirnituq.

People in many parts of the Arctic consider Eskimo a derogatory term because it was widely used by racist, non-native colonizers. Many people also thought it meant eater of raw meat, which connoted barbarism and violence. Although the word's exact etymology is unclear, mid-century anthropologists suggested that the word came from the Latin word excommunicati, meaning the excommunicated ones, because the native people of the Canadian Arctic were not Christian.

The Inuit are a group of culturally similar indigenous peoples inhabiting the Arctic regions of Canada (Northwest Territories, Nunatsiavut, Nunavik, Nunavut, Nunatukavut), Denmark (Greenland), Russia (Siberia) and the United States (Alaska). Inuit means "the people" in the Inuktitut language.

you are welcome...-Bj

p.s.-i don't remember when this became a thing, but i remember i was shocked to lean it was considered derogatory/racist by Inuits. rumor has it, knowledge is a good thing.

Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:51 am

congrats to william for not following the one of the thread!!! rumor has it, he is looking to get it locked AGAIN!!!-Bj

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

you are welcome...-Bj

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:35 am

owenshooter wrote:

you are welcome...-Bj

Rumour has it that this particular bit of misinformation arose in the late 1970s. As various derogatory terms for African and Asian people were declining in popularity at that time, people with a burning need to be offended had to travel further and further to find something to be offended by. All the way to the Great White North.

According to most scholars, Eskimo is derived from a word used by one of their own tribes to mean "person who laces a snowshoe." As the manufacture of snowshoes was essential (to some degree still is) to their way of life, it was far from derogatory. In fact it was a term connoting admiration for someone's skill.

Unfortunately the obsessive "need to be offended" of the political-correctness types found a natural ally: the need of parasitical federal bureaucrats to justify their time by renaming things and rewriting all the documents accordingly. Thus, the myth that Eskimo is derogatory became a bit of a growth industry, first in Canada and then spreading to other countries.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BoganGod on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:16 am

Rumour would have it that now the easily offended brigade are that much at a loss as to where to go salt mining next that they are having issues the NAACP. Coloured is exclusionary towards non whites that identify as black. Some circutious only logical to SJW reasoning follows, something about black being the absence of white or colour, rather than being a colour. So advancing coloured people is against blacks. I don't understand it. When people as me what colour car I drive, I will happily list both white and black as colours. Maybe I haven't been exposed to the right level of pseudo science feeling reinforcement education.
The rainbow binary gay spectrum jesus
Corporal BoganGod

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:30 am

Rumor has it I don't know the rule of this thread and risk getting it locked.

At any rate another rumor is if you go up north it is not considered barbaric to eat raw meat. Many people there enjoy that. They especially enjoy offering it to guests if they have some available.

Interesting fact. White people say calling First Nations people "Indians", a tern that was started by Europeans, that thought they stumbled on India at the time when they found America, is an insult. Strangely enough most of the First Nations people use the term "Indian." I find it mildly confusing at times now, because there are so many people in our city now days, actually from India, or their family was.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:23 am

Last Monday, while I was finishing up my "holiday shopping", I went to the BBQ place across the street from the Academy to catch lunch. While I was waiting in line, I overheard some people talking about there was no set rule for the rumor mill thread, they said it was really just a bunch of hogwash really. I don't know tho', they may have not known what they were talking about, it's just hearsay.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:21 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:Last Monday, while I was finishing up my "holiday shopping", I went to the BBQ place across the street from the Academy to catch lunch. While I was waiting in line, I overheard some people talking about there was no set rule for the rumor mill thread, they said it was really just a bunch of hogwash really. I don't know tho', they may have not known what they were talking about, it's just hearsay.

rumor has it that place is AMAZING!! you talking the long trailer where he smokes from like 2am until lunch and sells out in 2 hours?!! oh, i LOVE that place!!! rumor has it, william likes good meat!!-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Rumor has it being racist just means using words other people don't like, and it has nothing to do with being a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Rumor has it all the great posters are going to return in 2017, your favorite will be there.

Don't joke about BBQ, you don't understand how painful it is to live in a place where franchises put sauce on meat and call it BBQ.

There are only about five places here that actually use a Smoker. They are ok to good, but anyone that has had meat from a decent smoke house, would never tell you it's BBQ regardless what's on the sign. The only place that does a proper BBQ, vacuum wraps it then reheats it later. Their pork ribs are good, their sauces are great, unfourtunately the brisket is barely ok.

We don't even have a famous Dave's here. Rumor has it there is one hundreds of miles east of here.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm

2dimes wrote:Rumor has it all the great posters are going to return in 2017, your favorite will be there.

Don't joke about BBQ, you don't understand how painful it is to live in a place where franchises put sauce on meat and call it BBQ.

There are only about five places here that actually use a Smoker. They are ok to good, but anyone that has had meat from a decent smoke house, would never tell you it's BBQ regardless what's on the sign. The only place that does a proper BBQ, vacuum wraps it then reheats it later. Their pork ribs are good, their sauces are great, unfourtunately the brisket is barely ok.

We don't even have a famous Dave's here. Rumor has it there is one hundreds of miles east of here.

Rumor has it the BBQ sucks in the hibernation room.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:11 pm

No but in my experience Canada lacks BBQ greatness. This city is in the middle of cattle country too. At least you can get great grilled steaks here.

There's a rumor I'm taking my children to the best BBQ place in our city for lunch right about now.
http://www.holysmokebbq.ca
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion