Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm

It is nice having fewer users on the site. I like the friendly 'small town' feel of the place. Very cozy.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Mr_Adams on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:11 am

Thorthoth wrote:It is nice having fewer users on the site. I like the friendly 'small town' feel of the place. Very cozy.

That may be nice for the forums, but the game relies on variety
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:04 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Kid Moe on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 pm

down to 6000 and counting.........the number one complaint on this site is the dice and in typical politician fashion the powers to be remain hard headed and refuse to do anything about it to make it better.......MORONS!!

cc will be a thing of the past pretty soon

I will save 30.00 a year then
Cook Kid Moe

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:16 pm

The players that blame the dice are the ones we should get rid of... Continue forward on that front.

Positive changes might include making the panel display optional, improving the Freemium experience (F.R.O.A.C.), celebrating free speech, separating game foeing from chat foeing and then eliminating the latter, replacing the numeric rating system with written critiques of players by players in the Forums that would link both to player's walls and to the games in question. Actual cheating would still be dealt with in C&A but with clearer and less arbitrary rulings and mor epublic presentation of evidence.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Thorthoth wrote:The players that blame the dice are the ones we should get rid of...

i agree 100%!!!

Thorthoth wrote:The dice suck.

the black jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Assuming that second quote is even real, I'm sure it is taken out of context. Nice try, BJ.
(BJ = bumbling joker).
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Kid Moe on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Thorthoth wrote:The players that blame the dice are the ones we should get rid of... Continue forward on that front.

Positive changes might include making the panel display optional, improving the Freemium experience (F.R.O.A.C.), celebrating free speech, separating game foeing from chat foeing and then eliminating the latter, replacing the numeric rating system with written critiques of players by players in the Forums that would link both to player's walls and to the games in question. Actual cheating would still be dealt with in C&A but with clearer and less arbitrary rulings and mor epublic presentation of evidence.

Free speech is a big reason why people are leaving......big reason, so is foeing someone.....lot of people have left because of being foed. I tell ya the fact that I can't write a critique about someone.....man that is unreal.......makes me never want to play again, the only complaint people have had on this site forever is the dice......that one's been around since day one and since day one nothing has really been done.......an adjustment here or there but really nothing. But instead cc is down at least 6000 people and counting!!!

Great Job!!
Cook Kid Moe

Postby Little Witt on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:25 am

Provide an option for freestyle games to not have an hour delay for casual. At least for private...CC and freestyle is something that the board game version can never provide as well. If I want to sit down, however, with some friends who don't want to pay for premium, because they are only playing the one time, why force us to wait an hour when we are all ready then. I miss the days when freestyle casual games started immediately. Please bring those back.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 am

Kid Moe wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:The players that blame the dice are the ones we should get rid of... Continue forward on that front.

Free speech is a big reason why people are leaving......big reason, so is foeing someone.....lot of people have left because of being foed. I tell ya the fact that I can't write a critique about someone.....man that is unreal.......makes me never want to play again, the only complaint people have had on this site forever is the dice......that one's been around since day one and since day one nothing has really been done.......an adjustment here or there but really nothing. But instead cc is down at least 6000 people and counting!!!

Great Job!!

Why would someone leave because they were foed? I fail to see the reasoning behind it. If player x is a notorious dick to others, or to one particular player, then the latter shouldn't have to put up with that non sense. How is this even free speech? Do people go to public places and scream and yell like children about shit? I'd hope not, because chances are they'd be barred from places as well. The foe button should stay. Don't want to be foed? Don't be a dick. Easy.

On the topic of free speech, this is the internet, and this site is technically privately owned. What the owner says, goes. I use to think I had rights on here...When I was like 17/18. The reality is, we don't have rights, we have privileges. We're paying customers to enjoy a game and have to adhere to what the user agreement is. Same things apply to the real word and any public establishment. No idea why y'all think the internet suddenly grants you superfluous rights that you normally wouldn't get, say, at a restaurant or the work place, but whatever, live your dreams.

Other than that, I really do wish the feedback system would go back to actual critique, instead of this 5 star "grade your homework paper", system. Not that it's driving away people or the sole cause of the problems, just my gripe. Real reasoning I believe is lack of A. Advertisement, and B. Rough competition. IE - Xbox, PS4, PC, more interaction with games, Facebook. There isn't a whole of interaction here other than interacting with others through the forum or chat. Not a lot of people have patience for these sit and wait games now a days, and now in a way, we're competing against Facebook in terms of media. Why bother with a forum when you can go to Facebook and bullshit with your colleagues, or start groups with fellow thinkers?

There's a lot more variables to consider of why CC is in "decline" then simply the dice, or a foe system, or site's owner, or whatever anyone typically complains about on here.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Thorthoth wrote:replacing the numeric rating system with written critiques of players by players in the Forums that would link both to player's walls and to the games in question.

I would be for bringing this back. Some good shit used to come out of the player feedback system.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby TeeGee on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:03 am

Had a mini boom yesterday, 6170 right now
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby riskllama on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:09 am

TeeGee wrote:Had a mini boom yesterday, 6170 right now

huzzah!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:55 am

I think that what {...noted...corrected my error, here, 7/7/17...}... DSD says here has a lot of merit. Sure, it is easy to BLAME the boogie man, or Russia, or the Communists. But life is NOT that simple. There are many reasons for the decline of CC. To blame dice or being Foe'd is over-simplification.

Just look at what is happening with TV watching. There are changes and many are coming quickly: Hulu, NetFlix, Amazon Prime, JUS to name a few....and more I know nothing about. There are 1) changes and 2) More options for viewers. The same for game playing: more options as technology offers these and offers even more changes coming soon.

CC will have a core of players who are "lifers", some who will be here for a few years, and many who come and go. Can CC offer enough to make this valuable for enough paying customers so that the owner(s) can make a reasonable profit for this service?

QUESTION: are you a thermometer (merely putting your finger in the air to measure the temperature) or are you a thermostat, willing to do something to keep and encourage more players here? Are you being a shithead and causing others to want to leave (or Foe you) or are you encouraging good competition, fair play, and good discussion?

The world (and CC) has enough thermometers, IMO.

JusPlay4Fun

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Kid Moe wrote:

Great Job!!

Why would someone leave because they were foed? I fail to see the reasoning behind it. If player x is a notorious dick to others, or to one particular player, then the latter shouldn't have to put up with that non sense. How is this even free speech? Do people go to public places and scream and yell like children about shit? I'd hope not, because chances are they'd be barred from places as well. The foe button should stay. Don't want to be foed? Don't be a dick. Easy.

On the topic of free speech, this is the internet, and this site is technically privately owned. What the owner says, goes. I use to think I had rights on here...When I was like 17/18. The reality is, we don't have rights, we have privileges. We're paying customers to enjoy a game and have to adhere to what the user agreement is. Same things apply to the real word and any public establishment. No idea why y'all think the internet suddenly grants you superfluous rights that you normally wouldn't get, say, at a restaurant or the work place, but whatever, live your dreams.

Other than that, I really do wish the feedback system would go back to actual critique, instead of this 5 star "grade your homework paper", system. Not that it's driving away people or the sole cause of the problems, just my gripe. Real reasoning I believe is lack of A. Advertisement, and B. Rough competition. IE - Xbox, PS4, PC, more interaction with games, Facebook. There isn't a whole of interaction here other than interacting with others through the forum or chat. Not a lot of people have patience for these sit and wait games now a days, and now in a way, we're competing against Facebook in terms of media. Why bother with a forum when you can go to Facebook and bullshit with your colleagues, or start groups with fellow thinkers?

There's a lot more variables to consider of why CC is in "decline" then simply the dice, or a foe system, or site's owner, or whatever anyone typically complains about on here.
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 am

jusplay4fun wrote:I think that was DSD says here has a lot of merit.

This was your first mistake and no, I'm not talking about the use of "was".
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:51 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:I think that was DDS says here has a lot of merit.

DDS

I fixed it for him. Thanks Caff.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 am

two questions:

1) are you keeping count? it it really my "first mistake"?

2) so what are you talking about?

JP4Fun

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:I think that was DSD says here has a lot of merit.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 am

I'm laughing about the fact you think anything BBS could say would have merit.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby willedtowin1 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:05 am

I couldn't be that there are a bazillion interactive games available now a days......
Now could it =/

Naaaaa......that's to easy of an answer
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Even If I disagreed with ANYONE 99% of the time, that does not mean I have to find EVERY ONE (the other 1%) of his ideas totally without merit.

Or are you someone who agrees with another person 100% of the time jus so that you do not have to think?

JP4Fun

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm laughing about the fact you think anything BBS could say would have merit.
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:46 pm

You JUS validated my point, Will. THANKS..!

JP4Fun

willedtowin1 wrote:I couldn't be that there are a bazillion interactive games available now a days......
Now could it =/

Naaaaa......that's to easy of an answer

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm just making digs at DDS 'cause he's my bae.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Your "bae".....is that GOOD? or ....? .....what...?..... Sorry, I do not speak that language....LoL

JP4Fun

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm just making digs at DDS 'cause he's my bae.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 am

It's good for him, not so much for me. Nice avatar btw.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion