Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby Trevor33 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:57 pm

IcePack wrote:Usually here is the other way around. Community shows involvement and works toward a goal and gets the support. If nobody shows interest it probably wonā€™t go anywhere.

So developing maps that have the added benefit of being mobile friendly could be later catagorized as that and used on the site as is, until that point. But without the maps Iā€™m doubtful it would happen

Hasbro has one, don't know if it could work with CC as a lot of maps would be too large but the main issue is merging the two together. Being able to play some games on an app and the rest of the full website for the same rating would be a difficult one to implement.
Major Trevor33

Postby riskllama on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:14 pm

yes, you'd need to use the smaller maps.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:33 pm

riskllama wrote:yes, you'd need to use the smaller maps.

In other words, phone CC = Candy Crush.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Have any of you looked at the options under "Other Games"?

That seems to have versions of "risk-lite"

JP
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby lykoz on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:40 am

IcePack wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:I don't think word of mouth is helping us in terms of advertisement. We could try advertising on Facebook like a lot of mobile apps do, have a target audience, that sort of thing.

Just because it isn't doing anything at the moment, doesn't mean it couldn't do something if we all applied ourselves, which I think was his point. All it takes is a commitment from every member to bring in one more member.

Iā€™ve brought probably two dozen or so people here over the years. All have left and nearly all have the same comment.

When they make an app let me know.

People donā€™t log on PC daily nearly as often. Even hard core ex players I have trouble even convincing to play a game cuz itā€™s a hassle. If it wasnā€™t a hassle, they would come back.

Saw you replied to me. Checking back a bit late on the forum. I think i was in your clan for a peroid. Thqanks for having me. You guys are very passionate.

I want to give you my opinion as a user who has stopped playing.
Although I do play some Heroes of the storm - A Moba, that is in no way a risk replacement, so cant compare.

What has invariably replaced my intake of risk, and have even paid for it on occassion (Although did not need to) is clash of clans.
Very different game, yes... But Conquerclub can learn something from this model.

You see the success of any game is predicated on the non-paying player base and its involvement. Eventually many people do pay, or at least a significant proportion if the 'free player base' is large enough. But they will not pay, if the player base is dwindelling. Therefore free players must be valued.

I used to play a lot of 'speed games'... And was a large part of the reason I was a subscriber for many years to Conquer club. But due to various reasons, and the constant membership or whatever other reasons, this mode started dying. If I pay, I dont care if I am playing paying customers, or not paying customers. I care that there is buzzing competition, and ample games. I care that there is a live and thriving community.

So people, are always attacking 'freeloaders'. What they dont realise, is that good treatment, and allowing them to add value to the community, makes it better for paid subscribers. Weather I stay as a free player, is the worth I get for playing free. Weather I decide to stay as a premium player, again, is determined by the value I get from paying. But there can be no value, without a buzzing free community. Because Risk is an old classic game. It needs a draw in. And that will always come from respecting free players. I find it hilarious that free players cant play a mode, that does not have enough paying customers to play it, as an example.

I now play as I said earlier clash of clans. A top grossing worldwide game, which is invariably free, and you can get just as much unlimited enjoyment as a free player as you can a paid player.

I also play Hasbro's risk app on my iphone sometimes. I think they could do a lot of improvements tho, and allow more action for free players. However, that said, they are reasonably succesful. Where hasbro, has failed is in creating a risk community as we see here. The once of payment somewhat works, but not enough to completely engage you.

What I would like to see from Conquerclub, is possibly an original form of payment. (which they already have in some sense.) Maybe entry fees to certain prestigeous tournaments. Cosmetic payment options, like skins. Donation membership. Possibly clan organisational perks if a clan leader wishes to create a clan and utilise tools. Possibly some non-intrusive advertising if neccessary, that you can get rid of with a subscription.
Im not saying my ideas are best. They can come up with many. But overall, they need to give more to the free player base, to be a complete member of the community, that will incentivise one to 'want' to part with money, to be a part of a buzzing community of risk lovers.

Right now Concuerclub, seems to be lacking a player base in 'development' to attract people into the game.

Why can I play checkers or chess free? Why does risk need payment to build engagement? Would it not be better to build engagement free, and find creative ways to monetise around that?

Speed games should absolutely be free.. This is a mode, that can really hook people. I would argue, that the limit on longer 24 hr turn games too. You need to find a way, to get free players, to come onto here daily, and feel like 'something is happening'... Because currently for a free player, you just lose interest quickly. And when you lose free players, you invariably have a smaller population, and lose paid players too.
Lieutenant lykoz

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:37 pm

bW should probably get an SSL Certificate so at least CC doesn't get fucked over in Google searches.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Just because it isn't doing anything at the moment, doesn't mean it couldn't do something if we all applied ourselves, which I think was his point. All it takes is a commitment from every member to bring in one more member.

Now CC sounds like a Ponzi scheme. I want to nominate Bernie Madoff for the bigWham avatar pic.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 am

Another windmill? Tt?

Postby gannable on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm

i hate these phones.
They're training to people to be braindead zombies with no patience and in constant need of instant gratification.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby mrswdk on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:42 am

DigitalTrends reckon that Conquer Club has one of the most 'rip roaring' forums on the internet.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:13 pm

mrswdk wrote:DigitalTrends reckon that Conquer Club has one of the most 'rip roaring' forums on the internet.

Supply a link, or shut your trap.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby tzor on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Now CC sounds like a Ponzi scheme. I want to nominate Bernie Madoff for the bigWham avatar pic.

A Ponzi scheme is when the money of the new person goes to pay off the old person. CC is like any other membership club. You want more members, you recruit more members. The new member plays games, the old member plays games, everyone plays games and everyone wins.
Cadet tzor

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:19 am

--------5975...YIKES :!: ....Get ready William,you got "IT" in another 975 down...You get to take us under 5,000... :( :( :( ....Do even need a C and A anymore???...I know, I would hate to upset 6,000 people in world of 6 plus Billion... :lol: ..... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:39 am

Did anyone catch Head Coach Mike Leach (WSU) say about the game of Risk:

(URL link below)

Leach (naturally) was also asked about topics other than football. The key to winning the family Thanksgiving flag football game?

ā€œMuddy day is the ability to hold on to the ball -- the other thing is on your team, you want the ones that are more serious about playing the game, because thereā€™s going to be a point once everyone gets muddy theyā€™re just going to enjoy the whole 'being in the mud' and tossing mud on each other and what not.ā€

What's the best board game to play with family over the holiday?

ā€œThe best board game over the holiday season -- my family, these board games tend to get thrown across the room. So from that standpoint, (the best is) the one thatā€™s got all the pieces.ā€

Joking aside, Leach favors Risk
and Pictionary.

https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -110827306

JP4Fun

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:18 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Did anyone catch Head Coach Mike Leach (WSU) say about the game of Risk:

(URL link below)

Leach (naturally) was also asked about topics other than football. The key to winning the family Thanksgiving flag football game?

ā€œMuddy day is the ability to hold on to the ball -- the other thing is on your team, you want the ones that are more serious about playing the game, because thereā€™s going to be a point once everyone gets muddy theyā€™re just going to enjoy the whole 'being in the mud' and tossing mud on each other and what not.ā€

What's the best board game to play with family over the holiday?

ā€œThe best board game over the holiday season -- my family, these board games tend to get thrown across the room. So from that standpoint, (the best is) the one thatā€™s got all the pieces.ā€

ah yes - will never forget the first game of RISK i ever played : got it for xmas. after dinner
Joking aside, Leach favors Risk
and Pictionary.

https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... -110827306

JP4Fun

ah yes, i still remember the first game of RISK i ever played :
got it for xmas. cracked it open after dinner & set up a 4 man game w/the stepdad, stepbro and my drunken uncle, Hubert. stepbro was eliminated quickly and the stepdad was crushing unc and i, so we decided to team up. this upset the stepdad very much, think he lasted about 2 more turns before he walked away from the game, furious. i quickly deduced that any boardgame that had the power to make a grown man lose his shit like that had to be good. been playing the game ever since. thx, Hasbro... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby notyou2 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Is your drunk uncle the same one that is on SNL?
Captain notyou2

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:54 pm

nope.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Conan?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:50 pm

lot on your knife... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 pm

If I was teegee that would have earned a star.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TeeGee on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm

2dimes wrote:If I was teegee that would have earned a star.

What did i miss? who needs a star?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:08 am

TeeGee wrote:
2dimes wrote:If I was teegee that would have earned a star.

What did i miss? who needs a star?

Me.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby TeeGee on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 am

ConfederateSS wrote:--------5975...YIKES :!: ....Get ready William,you got "IT" in another 975 down...You get to take us under 5,000... :( :( :( ....Do even need a C and A anymore???...I know, I would hate to upset 6,000 people in world of 6 plus Billion... :lol: ..... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:28 am

TeeGee wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:--------5975...YIKES :!: ....Get ready William,you got "IT" in another 975 down...You get to take us under 5,000... :( :( :( ....Do even need a C and A anymore???...I know, I would hate to upset 6,000 people in world of 6 plus Billion... :lol: ..... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

------ =D> =D> =D> We're moving on up...Good for us...Bad for the BIG GUY...He is going to be put in a different tax bracket... ;) ....You win some, you lose some... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby TeeGee on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:14 am

ConfederateSS wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

------ =D> =D> =D> We're moving on up...Good for us...Bad for the BIG GUY...He is going to be put in a different tax bracket... ;) ....You win some, you lose some... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D

still climbing 6555
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion