Conquer Club

People to Dodge in Large Esc

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: People to Dodge in Large Esc

Postby dollarsnosense on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:37 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:This list isn't for people who don't know how to play large escalating games, but for people who constantly do and refuse to listen to advice - even regularly joining tournaments based on these game types and shockingly enough, never doing very well.

Please feel free to add names to the list.

HugitOut
Bornjust777
dv2xl
sailor488
Pete
Gary
Pete
Pete
Captain dollarsnosense

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Updated accordingly, thank you very much for your contributions. I didn't add Pete another three times as I thought that was a little over the top - please apologise to him dollars as he does have feelings.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Probably TheForgivenOne as well. Can never trust a guy who has a Bald Canadian Improv Comedian as their Display pic. He's also been known to use that Auto button far too often.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby dollarsnosense on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:40 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Updated accordingly, thank you very much for your contributions. I didn't add Pete another three times as I thought that was a little over the top - please apologise to him dollars as he does have feelings.

Dear Pete,

Kindly accept my apology, that was way over the top, in consideration for any harm or unnecessary grief I may have inflicted upon thee, I offer you riskllama as a slave for the month of September.
Captain dollarsnosense

Postby grogoY on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am

GreenBaize

What sucks is most of these chuckleheads seem to enter every escalating tourny they can. Last time I'll blindly enter a tourny before checking if any of these game destroyers are in them.
Major grogoY

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:07 am

dollarsnosense wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Updated accordingly, thank you very much for your contributions. I didn't add Pete another three times as I thought that was a little over the top - please apologise to him dollars as he does have feelings.

Dear Pete,

Kindly accept my apology, that was way over the top, in consideration for any harm or unnecessary grief I may have inflicted upon thee, I offer you riskllama as a slave for the month of September.

Thanks Gerald, Pete appreciates it.

grogoY wrote:GreenBaize

What sucks is most of these chuckleheads seem to enter every escalating tourny they can. Last time I'll blindly enter a tourny before checking if any of these game destroyers are in them.

Yeah, most of them do, which is why I've started checking who's entered escalating tournaments before joining myself. There was a new auto-tournament one yesterday but after seeing half of the players were mentioned in this thread I decided to dodge it. Some players in particular, like rmjw10, will enter literally every single tournament in existence despite not having a clue what to do.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby grogoY on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 am

To address the "it's just a game, play for fun" excuse, these players should then enter only 1v1, team, or poly games, where they don't ruin other players idea of fun of putting a modicum of thought into their gameplay. There appears to be no rationale for their moves. If it were just trying to take bonuses, one could work around that knowing that's a common tactic. However, I've tried leaving 1s in a non-bonus region, they attack the stack and the card spot. I'll have a larger stack thinking it's safe b/ there are smaller stacks available, they redeem an early set and hit my larger stack. No logic or reason to their gameplay. I have no idea what they can possibly be thinking. It is so frustrating, seems the only option left is to attack them in adjacent regions if you want to have a safe stack.
Major grogoY

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:07 pm

I've never seen bad players as a problem. Yes, they may cause me to lose. On the other hand, they may cause someone else to lose and thereby give me a win. Like bad dice, bad players apply equally to everybody and over the long term they will do you as much good as harm.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby grogoY on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Personally, I prefer to play games in which strategy and thought has some role in the outcome. Might as well play slot machines/high card/coin flip if random luck is your game.
Major grogoY

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I've never seen bad players as a problem. Yes, they may cause me to lose. On the other hand, they may cause someone else to lose and thereby give me a win. Like bad dice, bad players apply equally to everybody and over the long term they will do you as much good as harm.

No, they won't, because they f*ck up games so often and with 6-8+ players per game it's rarely going to work in your favour, and like grogoY I'd rather win from good strategy rather than cleaning up some idiot's mess.

The thing that annoys me most is they don't listen to advice, don't care about playing well and continue to play like shit knowingly. Some are surely in denial about their play style being less effective than a white athlete but when you present the facts about how many games they win (very few) they just ignore it and refuse to listen. It's very rare that a player will actually listen and learn. That's what infuriates me about it - that retards like rmjw10 play 600 games a day and don't give a f*ck about playing well or ruining games for so many other people.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:44 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:No, they won't, because they f*ck up games so often and with 6-8+ players per game it's rarely going to work in your favour, and like grogoY I'd rather win from good strategy rather than cleaning up some idiot's mess.

If a player's strategy (coffy's, for example) is so fragile that the actions of a 'bad player' can usually undo it, was it ever much of a strategy at all?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Updated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Little Witt on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 pm

grogoY wrote:Little Witt

Why am I here...I know full well how to play escalating games...I'm winning in a few 12 player classic escalating tournaments...and not by chance. I would like to be removed from this list. Completely unfounded.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Little Witt wrote:

Why am I here...I know full well how to play escalating games...I'm winning in a few 12 player classic escalating tournaments...and not by chance. I would like to be removed from this list. Completely unfounded.

Overruled! You may continue to debate your placement on this list. I need to read more to make a more informed decision.

Meanwhile, the list has been updated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby grogoY on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Little Witt wrote:

You've wiped out too many stacks to make this claim. i've played you in a few games and this MO keeps repeating itself. For example, in the Battle for Iraq game you, Caff, and me are in first you took out a 3 and 1 of mine(when you could have taken the 1 card spot), next I took out your 3 and 1(i like to keep stack takers away from me), and finally i had a 6 stack adjacent to you and a mutual region you and i both had that had 3 on it(one in which you can see a large number of regions in a foggy game) you decide to take my 6 and not the 3.
You've taken out stacks in other games(i'll have to look up exact instances) and I deem any player who takes out stacks randomly to be players to dodge in multi player escalating. The other players i've cited also have a propensity for taking out stacks randomly.

Most players on this site can point to occasional wins on escalating, but I have to believe players who often takes stacks percentage of wins on 6+ player escalating games is below average.

Sorry Little Witt, just checked our 4 esc games together and only Battle of Iraq game had this questionable strategy from you. Looked at logs and snaps in other games and no other evidence. I withdraw Little Witt's name from this list(though still don't understand your moves in Battle for Iraq. You even took out my 1 from Baathists later in game when it would seem to be a good idea to keep these regions trapped in foggy escalating esp w my already having fewest regions on map and being a likely easy kill of me by you).
Major grogoY

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:19 pm

grogoY wrote:Personally, I prefer to play games in which strategy and thought has some role in the outcome. Might as well play slot machines/high card/coin flip if random luck is your game.

This is pathetic. The esc strategy you advocate involves more random luck than the one you oppose.
All you want to do is card and stack, waiting for the player who can cash out first. Lame.
Players who strategically remove certain terrs, including stacked terrs, are much more sophisticated players.

And what's with ''netiko'' and ''bietzsche''?
typos? unfunny in-jokes? some kind of secret code?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:15 pm

grogoY wrote:
Little Witt wrote:

me sorry

Okay I'll update the list. Unfortunately I seem to have found myself in a series of classic freestyle escalating games which are in fog and the stripers are all intent on taking Europe / NA. They're not even bothering with Aus or SA for the most part. Peculiar indeed.

Thorthoth wrote:
grogoY wrote:Personally, I prefer to play games in which strategy and thought has some role in the outcome. Might as well play slot machines/high card/coin flip if random luck is your game.

This is pathetic. The esc strategy you advocate involves more random luck than the one you oppose.
All you want to do is card and stack, waiting for the player who can cash out first. Lame.
Players who strategically remove certain terrs, including stacked terrs, are much more sophisticated players.

This is why you're on the list.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Updated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Updated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Updated.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ch0rn on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm

I see a player in this list that recently won a large escalating tournament I ran. and a few that make the finals in them.
Major ch0rn

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:11 pm

ch0rn wrote:I see a player in this list that recently won a large escalating tournament I ran. and a few that make the finals in them.

???, ch0rn... you do realize this whole tread is just the snarky antics of a notorious CC troll, ...right?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 pm

ch0rn wrote:I see a player in this list that recently won a large escalating tournament I ran. and a few that make the finals in them.

If you won't name them I can't really comment, but they don't go on the list for something like a simple mistake. Also, your tournaments are open to anyone and I play in many of them, so I can say with certainty that lots of terrible players join.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ch0rn on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Oh, I know we get all kinds of players in my tournaments, the first stage of the tournament is always a little tougher because you have to deal with the craziness of random attack strategies (or lack there of). I know some people drive me a little crazy especially when they pursue +2 bonuses when sets are worth 20+

viewtopic.php?t=223421
Tournament won by shiz, he even beat me in the finals by 1 damn point in a come from behind win.

No idea if he belongs on your list here, Can't speak for him personally, I should remember since I recently played against him in that same tournament final, but I just play so many games I can't remember. But , that isn't an easy tournament to win.
Major ch0rn

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:52 pm

I have no doubt about Shiz belonging on this list. Five man escalating is not the same as eight - as I'm sure you know - and I've lost count of the number of times he has killed large stacks for no advantage whatsoever. He is terrible and refuses to believe there are more optimal strategies for the game type, but instead becomes vindictive in games and starts taking out stacks at random because he gets upset when he's told he's not very good.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion