Conquer Club

Player Abuse of Most Improved Prizes [Sept '17: Ander023]

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Player Abuse of Most Improved Prizes [Sept '17: Ander023

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:59 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:I'm suggesting that maybe you are interpreting "the most improved" differently then the site does. Because clearly by the calculations, the ones who are winning are being deemed by the site as "most improved" if they are not being found abusive of the system in C&A. Seems pretty logical, but you're just trying to redefine "most improved".

I'm glad you know about your members getting their medals. My point was did you look up how they did it? But again, I also said I really didn't care, only that if you cared enough about your list you might want to look into it. But again, I really dont care about what you do or your list.

Yes, I've looked into it. I figured you'd realise that if you read between the lines.

Some people have been found to abuse the system in C&A, such as xroads. Others didn't because they were more careful and tactful in how they abused the system. I'm not trying to re-define anything. How do you even re-define the words "most improved"? How do you make an argument that someone who deliberately dropped to private from major, and then wins the medal by going back up to major, is the most improved? They didn't get better at all, they just temporarily made themselves worse.

IcePack wrote:
I never said your clan did something so to respond as "you saying something we did which we didn't" doesn't make sense at all

Really?
There was definitely a player from FALL
Seems like you identified our "clan" (or a member thereof) as someone who did it. If you were identifying players who abused it and had nothing to do with clans, then why would you bring up the clan in your statement? Nice twisting what you said and trying to make it about me tho, I agree it is pretty silly.

I really dont care about you one way or the other, but its cute that you think it frustrates me and you have that big of an impact on my day :)

Yes, a player from FALL. I couldn't remember their name but believed they were in FALL, so that was what I referenced. Lmao. Grasp more.

I'm sorry, if they were a private at the start of the month and a major at the end and it's the highest improvement during that month - are they not in fact the most improved? What you're talking about is what were they before the private. So yes, you are trying to redefine it by expanding the qualifications / timeline for "most improved". Strictly speaking those at the top are the most improved for the month. If you gotta put qualifiers about them being something else prior to the start of the month, you are changing the terms. It's pretty fucking simple.

I wouldn't lecture on grasping when you literally say something probably false about a clan or a clans player. But ya ok man whatever you say :roll:

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:25 pm

They haven't improved though, their score has during that time. They have not.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:They haven't improved though, their score has during that time. They have not.

Which is literally why it says this right above the player list....

The biggest Score Movers for the month of Sep 2017. See here for our Prizes.

Sounds like its exactly what they intended.... :roll:

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:37 pm

So you think it's perfectly acceptable for players to deliberately tank their points at the end of one month to then increase it the next for the prizes? Bearing in mind we know that most of these players have either (1) deadbeated, (2) intentionally missed turns or (3) played games they know they will lose points on.

That sounds like a great outlook from one of the more prominent Team CC members.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:So you think it's perfectly acceptable for players to deliberately tank their points at the end of one month to then increase it the next for the prizes? Bearing in mind we know that most of these players have either (1) deadbeated, (2) intentionally missed turns or (3) played games they know they will lose points on.

That sounds like a great outlook from one of the more prominent Team CC members.

Pretty sure I never said it was perfectly acceptable for players to do that. But great try there (again).
Abusing the game is one thing (if they intentionally deadbeat, etc thats already against the rules).

Anyway, as I said it IS about who improved the most (that month) and you're just trying to redefine / eliminate people who lower points before hand.
Which is fine, but you can't say

They are, after all, the type of player the scoreboard was designed for.

and
Are you suggesting that the Most Improved Scoreboard was not, in fact, designed for those players who have improved most over the course of the month

and
They haven't improved though, their score has during that time. They have not.

When literally, it is about who improved their score that month. Because per the design, C&A results, and the scoreboard description itself it is in fact exactly what it was designed for, not what you are saying. Again, totally seperate from site rule breaking abuse, but strictly from a score improvement stand point for the month. So if you go medal hunting for a few months and then go for high score after, its perfectly acceptable regardless of "if you improved or not" because yes, your score IS the highest improvement in the month.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 pm

C&A results have gone both ways depending on how tactful the abuser has been. However you cover it up though, it's still abuse.

Nice of you to add in "medal hunting for a few months" which is not what we're discussing here. Why even add in "a few months"? Ah, because you knew it was the only way to use it as part of your argument. Just a tip, but it's better to leave comments like that behind if you have to tailor them to suit what you want to say.

So, from your words, we are to believe that bigWham created this scoreboard for the intention of whoever could increase their score the most that month in whatever method possible that didn't directly break any rules - since gross abuse of the game is too ambiguous - and it wasn't a way to award players who were genuinely making improvements as a whole? Do you actually believe that?

Even so I gotta say, your posts here just to disagree with me even though you agree with me on principal are mildly entertaining.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:08 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:IDC about ATN, as I said do what you like with that info (or dont). I didn't say clear their names, I said if you wanted to look at how they got those medals and whether or not they abused it was up to you. Your the one making the stupid list for petes sake.

IcePack wrote:If you are so concerned about these medals, maybe you should look up your own clan mates and clear their name.

I wanted to post this part again because it's funny.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:IDC about ATN, as I said do what you like with that info (or dont). I didn't say clear their names, I said if you wanted to look at how they got those medals and whether or not they abused it was up to you. Your the one making the stupid list for petes sake.

IcePack wrote:If you are so concerned about these medals, maybe you should look up your own clan mates and clear their name.

Gotta repeat the only thing you got right to make yourself feel better over and over and over?

iAmCaffeine wrote:C&A results have gone both ways depending on how tactful the abuser has been. However you cover it up though, it's still abuse.

Nice of you to add in "medal hunting for a few months" which is not what we're discussing here. Why even add in "a few months"? Ah, because you knew it was the only way to use it as part of your argument. Just a tip, but it's better to leave comments like that behind if you have to tailor them to suit what you want to say.

So, from your words, we are to believe that bigWham created this scoreboard for the intention of whoever could increase their score the most that month in whatever method possible that didn't directly break any rules - since gross abuse of the game is too ambiguous - and it wasn't a way to award players who were genuinely making improvements as a whole? Do you actually believe that?

Even so I gotta say, your posts here just to disagree with me even though you agree with me on principal are mildly entertaining.

I'm sorry, you made the leap from me explaining how the monthly system works to somehow supporting abuse previously. I thought you might to be walked thru with an explaination ;)
You used the words "tanked" I'm giving an example of a way that someone might "tank" their score. How is that not what we are discussing? Holy jeez man youre all over the fucking map here. A few months, a month, whatever its just an example dude. One of many. I'm sure you can probably think of some more, you aren't that dense are you?
Do I believe what I've said, is literally what the site description says, and what people have done, and has been deemed ok by C&A (outside of extreme cases)? Yes, yes i do. Since you know, thats what was discussed, beta tested, and literally WRITTEN ON THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FEATURE. Holy f*ck man...seriously? Really? Come on... :?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:02 am

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Gotta repeat the only thing you got right to make yourself feel better over and over and over?

Nah, it's just fucking funny.

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:C&A results have gone both ways depending on how tactful the abuser has been. However you cover it up though, it's still abuse.

I'm sorry, you made the leap from me explaining how the monthly system works to somehow supporting abuse previously. I thought you might to be walked thru with an explaination ;)
You used the words "tanked" I'm giving an example of a way that someone might "tank" their score. How is that not what we are discussing? Holy jeez man youre all over the fucking map here. A few months, a month, whatever its just an example dude. One of many. I'm sure you can probably think of some more, you aren't that dense are you?
Do I believe what I've said, is literally what the site description says, and what people have done, and has been deemed ok by C&A (outside of extreme cases)? Yes, yes i do. Since you know, thats what was discussed, beta tested, and literally WRITTEN ON THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FEATURE. Holy f*ck man...seriously? Really? Come on... :?

I'm not over the place at all. Until now, I have sat in the same chair at the same table for every post in this thread.

"A few months, a month".. No, that's not what we are discussing. It's ironic you're trying to suggest I'm dense whilst showing just how dense are you. Irony 2 vs 0 IcePack.

Why are you twisting words again? "Do I believe what I've said is literally the description" yeah, no. Irrelevant. You're trying so hard to continuously disagree with me and yet, as I already pointed out, you actually agree with the principle of what I'm saying. Funny shit.

No doubt your next post will try and change my main point again so you can try and look like you actually disagree, just as you tried previously.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jammyjames on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:32 am

Well i'll be damned, looks like things haven't changed much around here then!
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 pm

jammyjames wrote:Well i'll be damned, looks like things haven't changed much around here then!

Stick around, this is just getting funnier.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DJENRE on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 am

t4mcr53s2 wrote:how is power score calculated , anyway? just curious and I agree its tacky ...

Nobody answered that? I'm also curious.
Anything we can found is :

The Power Score is calculated to measure how impressive your performance is over a period of time. It takes into account your Start Score and End Score in the period, as well as the Max Score reached. It factors in that improving from a higher score is more challenging than from a lower score, so the higher your Start Score the more Power Score you get for improving.

But is there a proper calculation method given somewhere?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby Donelladan on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm

As far as I know the exact formula isn't known.

But many high ranked players won this one, starting high and finishing higher.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby DJENRE on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:32 am

Donelladan wrote:As far as I know the exact formula isn't known.

But many high ranked players won this one, starting high and finishing higher.

Like Coke? Unbelivable nobody knows.....
:o
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion