Conquer Club

Surrender Button

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Surrender Button

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
IcePack wrote:Well until today you were actively "acting" like a suggs person (even one other mod said they were suprised because they included you in some semi recent suggestions thing and there was nothing mentioned about you not being in suggs) so... sounds like its convenient time for you to "leave".

How fucking ignorant are you about Team CC? There hasn't even been a Suggestions team for like the last four years. Reassuring to know that bigWham is not the only Team CC member who is not paying attention.

Apparently you were the last one there, and by your own admission did nothing. So if thats your attitude now and while you were a volunteer on the team, why should anyone take what you have to say seriously either?

No one should take anything I say seriously. I'm shocked that anyone would bother to spend multiple pages arguing with me.

maybe you should look inwardly on why you were so ineffective instead of blaming everyone else.

*shrug* Yes, I was ineffective with bigWham. I admit that. Is part of that my own personality? Probably, although as I mentioned multiple other people resigned because they couldn't deal with him too (including rds, who is one of the nicest people I know). Anyway, if you really think that the guy who sees a problem with the dice mechanism and just shrugs it off and says I'm not wasting time fixing that, is the one who you trust with running this ship, all the more power to you.

Why would I pay attention to a area thats dead because everyone but you quit? I was fully aware that the team quit. I also was aware you were semi actively involved in suggs. You clearly had done nothing with the area, so theres no real reason for me to have paid attention to it beyond the odd suggestion here or there (like this one when it came out)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 pm

IcePack wrote:Why would I pay attention to a area thats dead because everyone but you quit? You clearly have done nothing with the area, so theres no real reason for me to pay attention to it.

It's dead because Suggestions stopped being listened to after this administration took over. Have you visited the Suggestions forum lately? Have you noticed that there is no more "Submitted" suggestions forum? That was deleted years ago because the site ownership stopped caring what the community submitted suggestions were. It had nothing to do with the leadership of the Suggestions team. It had everything to do with the fact that bigWham had a clear agenda for what he wanted to implement, and community ideas were mostly a distraction from that. The only thing that forum is now, is a dead end for people to submit ideas. There is no formal or even informal mechanism for ideas to be transmitted to bigWham. So you're absolutely right, you shouldn't pay attention to it, because almost no one else is. I mean, I don't honestly care whether you blame me for its death (though if anything it's actually kind of cute that you think I have enough influence to have been responsible for killing it). It's dead and how it got there I suppose doesn't really matter. What I was talking about is that you might want to take an interest in is who your fellow Team CC volunteers are and what their responsibilities are. But if you have no interest in being informed in when you speak, then I withdraw that suggestion.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
IcePack wrote:Why would I pay attention to a area thats dead because everyone but you quit? You clearly have done nothing with the area, so theres no real reason for me to pay attention to it.

It's dead because Suggestions stopped being listened to after this administration took over. Have you visited the Suggestions forum lately? Have you noticed that there is no more "Submitted" suggestions forum? That was deleted years ago because the site ownership stopped caring what the community submitted suggestions were. It had nothing to do with the leadership of the Suggestions team. It had everything to do with the fact that bigWham had a clear agenda for what he wanted to implement, and community ideas were mostly a distraction from that. The only thing that forum is now, is a dead end for people to submit ideas. There is no formal or even informal mechanism for ideas to be transmitted to bigWham. So you're absolutely right, you shouldn't pay attention to it, because almost no one else is. I mean, I don't honestly care whether you blame me for its death (though if anything it's actually kind of cute that you think I have enough influence to have been responsible for killing it). It's dead and how it got there I suppose doesn't really matter. What I was talking about is that you might want to take an interest in is who your fellow Team CC volunteers are and what their responsibilities are. But if you have no interest in being informed in when you speak, then I withdraw that suggestion.

Do you even read what I write? I didn't blame you for suggestions dying. I said you did nothing with the area. People can let things die, or they can do things to help and improve the area. So what if a "submitted area" is gone, you can still do a lot. Theres no process for clans to get things changed or suggestions implimented. We can sit idle and say "its dead omg what do we do!" or we can actually do something and push towards a common goal.

You say he ignores community suggestions, which I find funny because so many things I know of that actually have been implimented "from the community". Maybe not through your formal process. But they have been done.

Frankly, the way you handled things I should probably be thankful you didn't have the drive or intiative to do anything.

I do my fellow volunteers, hence I knew you were still part of suggestions until you withdrew today. Whether that was name only, or not doesn't matter. If you dont leave the team and ever say anything how is one to know whether you are "on a team" or not. Read your mind? Dont try to act like I dont know the teams jsut because you failed to communicate with anyone.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 pm

IcePack wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

Do you even read what I write?

Nope. It's a waste of my time. And now that I'm not wearing Team CC colors I don't even have to pretend to anymore. Foed. Later.
Attachments
df.jpg
df.jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 6204 times
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby riskllama on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 pm

this is most unsettling... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 am

riskllama wrote:this is most unsettling... :?

Uh oh... anybody here willing and able to change a llama diaper?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:24 am

IcePack wrote:I’m not debating this shit again

Suuuure...
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Keefie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:09 am

Thorthoth wrote:
riskllama wrote:this is most unsettling... :?

Uh oh... anybody here willing and able to change a llama diaper?

Pass

Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 am

This is your Conquer Club Recap! Brought to you by Frito-Lay

DoomYoshi- 4 score and 7 years ago there were mouses, keyboards, human values and uber awesome nostalgics like this now everybody has the attention span of a greeting dog who too soon lays down shortly thereafter and would rather snapchat their sidechick from their devil's intercom then slam auto attack and Tare endlessly like I could when I was 19 at the time may as well make a resign button for all of the noncommitals here are some related links that will serve as your time machine meh.

DoomYoshi- Well shits gotten gross meh

Llama- <Insert VL comment here>

Dukasaur- Meh

Thorthoth- Meh anyone?

DoomYoshi- Actually, my opinion, meh

Thorthoth- Very meh

DoomYoshi- Way meh

IcePack- Meh, I don't care for the use of the word meh I find it uneventful. I'm done saying meh from this point forward.

Llama- *unearths hatchet*

DoomYoshi- I'd like to get back to the mehing please Icepack when you're ready of course.

Metsfanmax- MEHx2,000,000,000
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 am

Who needs a newsletter now?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 am

get a room you 2
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby riskllama on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm

KH wins this thread.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:28 pm

I think it's pretty clear Icepack won, llama.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Actually, DY wins, by a long shot.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Newcastle777 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:00 pm

It's obvious isn't it? A surrender button should be an option in the game settings so people can decide when they set up a new game if they want one or not. :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Newcastle777

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:21 am

At this point autotournaments have had more C&A reports, bug reports, negative press and scoreboard manipulation than the surrender button ever had. Yet Autotournaments are thriving but the Surrender button is languishing.

For the record, I love autotournaments since they are artificially inflating my score. Approximately 80% of my opponents deadbeat making the games very low risk.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby duongduythao on Wed May 02, 2018 6:39 am

thanks for share
New Recruit duongduythao

Postby Cade Weston on Wed May 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Sharing*
New Recruit Cade Weston

Postby bobbythomson on Mon May 14, 2018 5:11 pm

In a poly game, I just had my opponent self-eliminate three of his colors and resign - how does one accomplish that? I will include the log notes in a second post here.
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby bobbythomson on Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm

2018-05-14 14:43:42 - hmsps eliminated hmsps from the game
2018-05-14 14:43:42 - hmsps resigned

The first entry was for red, so red eliminated himself. second was green, third blue and last yellow - they each eliminated their own color. Never saw this before nor knew that it could be done.

Anyone?
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby BrutalBob on Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 pm

bobbythomson wrote:2018-05-14 14:43:42 - hmsps eliminated hmsps from the game
2018-05-14 14:43:42 - hmsps resigned

The first entry was for red, so red eliminated himself. second was green, third blue and last yellow - they each eliminated their own color. Never saw this before nor knew that it could be done.

Anyone?

I dont think he elimintaed himself because hmsps' other colors still have a presence on the map. This must be an anomally in the logging when the team resigns.

While possible in theory, it is lucky it didnt actually happen as you describe or Icepack would have some sort of blood-vessel busting meltdown at how the new evil has been abused.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby IcePack on Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Heaven forbid someone wants something not to be abused and working properly!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 pm

There are no bugs, only features.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 pm

He was on blue's turn when he surrendered so it seems somewhat normal to log it that way.

Game 18130992
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BrutalBob on Mon May 14, 2018 11:07 pm

2dimes wrote:He was on blue's turn when he surrendered so it seems somewhat normal to log it that way.

Game 18130992

Saying resigned would be less ambiguous
Lieutenant BrutalBob

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion