Conquer Club

So...If the dice are Truly Random

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: So...If the dice are Truly Random

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:44 am

betiko wrote:
TeeGee wrote:I am account sitting for a friend in hospital.. his 43,000 stack into a 57,000 stack, objective to reduce it, result, advance 12,000

Why does that not happen in my own games?

I don t have the odds calculator anymore but i think it s probably not unprobable.

I'm going to really help you out here, beti.
Y'see, ...there actually are times when one should/must auto-attack.
I'm going to let that sink in for a minute.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:26 pm

nikola_milicki wrote:I've been away for awhile, whats new with CC's dice, anything interesting or w/e?
From what I see first hand there were no improvements.. stacks still tank and 1s evolved into fkn terminators...

Nothing has changed, despite what they say.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby armati on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:46 pm

havnt played myself but i have been told the Hasbro site uses a dice algo that works properly.
Sergeant armati

Postby nikola_milicki on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 am

armati wrote:havnt played myself but i have been told the Hasbro site uses a dice algo that works properly.

link please, maybe there I wont tank 14vs2 on very important or even any turn... :lol:
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 am

TeeGee wrote:I am account sitting for a friend in hospital.. his 43,000 stack into a 57,000 stack, objective to reduce it, result, advance 12,000

Why does that not happen in my own games?

When the numbers are big and against you, use your auto button, people.
It's easier to get one lucky roll than 10000.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby nikola_milicki on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm

that dont matter, dice are fucked up which ever way u do it, stacks dont mean jack any more, they tank too damn often to call it random or normal or w/e bullshit.. lost 14vs2 today.. now I start very good in a speed game, too good to think its reasonable dice, then bipolar bullshit happens, rolled 2-7 then 0-4, miss card in flat and opponent has a mix in 3, just too goddamn annoying to see this crap every single day.. its annoying to get screwed like that after u invest your thoughts and time in the game.. its even more annoying when some jackass throws some math bs at ya explaining how all that is alright :lol:
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby loutil on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 pm

The dice are much better than they used to be. There used to be a clear lack of 1's being rolled across the entire game. I find the dice quite normal. Variance is part of any sample, both large and small. I have had runs where I feel the dice are fixed against me. But, that is just normal random variance. When the dice favor us, we tend to just think we are playing well...Even a 95% probability roll will FAIL 1 out of 20 tries.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby nikola_milicki on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 am

no way I will ever accept losing 14vs2! that just doesnt happen with real dice so often like here, I dont care what math says it just cant happen so often..
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby loutil on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm

nikola_milicki wrote:no way I will ever accept losing 14vs2! that just doesnt happen with real dice so often like here, I dont care what math says it just cant happen so often..

I have been on this site for over 6 years. I do not recall ever losing 14 v 2. I have lost 1% rolls and even rolls a bit lower in probability. But, never 14 v 2.
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby nikola_milicki on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:20 pm

loutil wrote:
nikola_milicki wrote:no way I will ever accept losing 14vs2! that just doesnt happen with real dice so often like here, I dont care what math says it just cant happen so often..

I have been on this site for over 6 years. I do not recall ever losing 14 v 2. I have lost 1% rolls and even rolls a bit lower in probability. But, never 14 v 2.

years back I lost 14vs1 or maybe it was 17vs1, not sure but its minimum of 14 or more, there have been other blunders but luckily I forgot :lol:
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:03 am

I am sure this has been said before: when we win, it is due to our skill, intelligence, and strategy.

When we lose, we do so because of bad DICE, bad luck, bad cards, and bad deployment (and even bad teammates).

That is the nature of THIS GAME. Dice are an inherent part of this game; without dice, a victory over a player of a superior rating is VERY RARE.

JP4Fun
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Hooch on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:47 am

I've seen many defensive 6's been rolled off site, it happens.
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:11 am

I have seen LOTS of sixes on defensive dice on my first attack. I now build that into my attack plan, if I can.......

I do not recall 14v2 recently. I see at least one bad turn for each player in many of my games.

JP4Fun

Hooch wrote:

I've seen many defensive 6's been rolled off site, it happens.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:23 am

loutil wrote:

I've lost 18v2 and 17v3 lol.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby nikola_milicki on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:I am sure this has been said before: when we win, it is due to our skill, intelligence, and strategy.

When we lose, we do so because of bad DICE, bad luck, bad cards, and bad deployment (and even bad teammates).

That is the nature of THIS GAME. Dice are an inherent part of this game; without dice, a victory over a player of a superior rating is VERY RARE.

JP4Fun

so we are all just sore losers who know nothing after 10 years here, and dice posts are only to calm our huge egos?
how dare you! :lol:

I or most of other ppl post about dice bcuz we believe theres something wrong with dice, BS we experience in our games is not normal, it happens bcuz dice are crooked, simple as that.
Also rank dont mean anything, its not rare to win against "superior rating", u just need to be good at this, its not about how many points u got.
Cant believe I have to explain this to anyone !

And yeah, Id lose to you only bcuz of bad DICE, bad luck, bad cards, and bad deployment (and even bad teammates). :P
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby King_Herpes on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:02 pm

nikola_milicki wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:I am sure this has been said before: when we win, it is due to our skill, intelligence, and strategy.

JP4Fun

so we are all just sore losers who know nothing after 10 years here, and dice posts are only to calm our huge egos?

I or most of other ppl post about dice bcuz we believe theres something wrong with dice, BS we experience in our games is not normal, it happens bcuz dice are crooked, simple as that.
Also rank dont mean anything, its not rare to win against "superior rating", u just need to be good at this, its not about how many points u got.

And yeah, Id lose to you only bcuz of bad DICE, bad luck, bad cards, and bad deployment (and even bad teammates). :P

Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby narutoserigala on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:51 pm

King_Herpes wrote:
nikola_milicki wrote:

JP4Fun

Well said KH. I agree 100%. Can also refer to my signature page which is a very polite way to describe the CC dice (not as direct like the way you put it) :lol:
a) Conqueror July 22,2017 - Nov 30, 2022. #22487012 high score 6018

b) Hang the cc dice riggers.
Field Marshal narutoserigala

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Game 3529724 played nine years ago still haunts me (so much so I can still find the game). 26 v 1 and I finished with a 5. What were the odds of losing 20 consecutive rolls with 3 dice against 1? I nearly quit CC that day.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby rockfist on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:20 am

My first large (8 player) doubles game on W2.1 I failed a 13v2 for a take out that would have won the game (even though it was flat rate I would've had 9 cards after it and we were in first place before that). We still won the game, but it was frantic for a while after that and I remember it well.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 pm

Yeah, I said it before. :evil:
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:45 am

JUS saying, the most complained about thing on CC is when we lose due to bad dice. We remember those "tough losses" like those mentioned here in this thread. They gnaw at us because of the "injustice" of it all. CC should be ashamed..!

Well, maybe #2, after bad or stupid players and trolls (lumped into one category for convenience, of course).

By the way, I was looking for discussion on an Odds Calculator and this was the only Forum thread that came up, so I re-read a few posts here. Is that necro-bumping?

JP4Fun

Postby Kotaro on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:48 am

Reading isn't necro-bumping, but posting in it is.

Yikes, another dice complaint thread.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:27 pm

Like I said, the most COMPLAINTS are about bad dice.

Kotaro wrote:Reading isn't necro-bumping, but posting in it is.

Yikes, another dice complaint thread.

Postby DBandit70 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 pm

I know for a fact that CC dice are not random because I lose attacks like 24 on 2, 17 on 5 and have won stuff like 4 on 12, 8 on 15. and this happens daily probably get bad roll like the first 2 i listed 5-10 times a day and I play a lot of the board game risk and stuff like that never happens so based off of that, it shows that the dice are not random. they will give you a really bad roll and to make it look random it gives you a few above average rolls to even it back out, or they give a good roll and then give you a few bad rolls to even it out.
Captain DBandit70

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:09 am

DBandit70 wrote:I know for a fact that CC dice are not random because I lose attacks like 24 on 2, 17 on 5 and have won stuff like 4 on 12, 8 on 15. and this happens daily probably get bad roll like the first 2 i listed 5-10 times a day and I play a lot of the board game risk and stuff like that never happens so based off of that, it shows that the dice are not random. they will give you a really bad roll and to make it look random it gives you a few above average rolls to even it back out, or they give a good roll and then give you a few bad rolls to even it out.

I've only played the board game a couple of times, but stuff like that did, in fact, happen regularly.

I remember in my first game of tabletop Risk. I attacked Brazil from whatever African tert connects to it. I had 35 troops and Brazil was defended by 4. I lost almost every roll, until we ended up with 1 army in each tert. I went bananas and didn't play the game for years, and the very next time I gave in and gave it another shot, a similar thing happened.

Big streaks are a normal part of dice-based games, and if you haven't had any you're either forgetting, or ridiculously lucky.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion