Conquer Club

Can CC create a more mobile-friendly interface?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Can CC create a more mobile-friendly interface?

Postby Salgoud on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 am

I think sometimes the CC interface does not work pretty well on iPad or on my phone. :?
Captain Salgoud

Re: Can CC create a more mobile-friendly interface?

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Salgoud wrote:I think sometimes the CC interface does not work pretty well on iPad or on my phone. :?

Can you bring more specifics?
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:18 pm

The mobile version is basically just the same website except you're looking at it through your phone. Means there's a lot of scrolling around to do, you have to scroll up and down every time you want to select number of troops to attack/advance/reinforce, forums are difficult to navigate, etc. Just tons of menus hidden off very side of your screen. Mobile-friendly improvements would be things such as:

- When you click a map, a panel of commands (assault, number of troops etc.) pops up alongside the map so that you can click there and then without having to scroll
- A slim menu with links to the most important functions (command center, inbox, forums etc.) stay permanently anchored along the bottom of the screen
- etc.

Essentially the website needs to be redesigned to fit on a phone/tablet screen controlled with fingers, not a 15" laptop monitor controlled with a mouse. Phones are already more popular than laptops for going online but no one who finds CC via their phone is going to bother signing up.

Ideally CC would make a purpose-designed app. That said it'd probably cost about $20k and I know I read somewhere on here recently that Big Whump is 100 years old and doesn't like spending money on newfangled fads like Windows 98.
Last edited by mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mrswdk on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:27 pm

At a minimum the little button that is used to expand/collapse the left-hand menu needs to follow you as you scroll up and down the screen (rather than remaining rooted at the top) and needs to appear in game windows too. The other needed change is for a link to the forums to be added to the list of links at the top of the screen (as currently it's impossible to navigate to the forums except by going on to someone's profile and then clicking 'board index').

A function that enables you to hold your finger down for longer to auto attack and to 'right click' the tert you just conquered (and thereby move no troops forward) would also be good. At the moment the mobile version of the game is clickable only for standard attacks and for advancing all your troops.

It would also be good to be able to drop through clicking. Click on the tert you want to drop to and a scroll bar comes up to let you select how many troops you want to drop there.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:28 pm

right click' the tert you just conquered (and thereby move no troops forward)

If you touch the remaining troops after you conquer a territory they stay on the attack spot. Not sure if that helps. I was happy when someone mentioned that.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:31 pm

taking turns @ work on your phone is torture for me. thank to f*ck Christ I have a reliable sitter if I don't get them all done before I head out in the morning.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby King_Herpes on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:30 pm

If you could get it to work with Siri that would be real nice like, mm-hmm. That's it boy. You can do it nah, Son, mmmm-hmm.

*rubs stomach*
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby Donelladan on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:22 am

mrswdk wrote:The mobile version is basically just the same website except you're looking at it through your phone. Means there's a lot of scrolling around to do, you have to scroll up and down every time you want to select number of troops to attack/advance/reinforce, forums are difficult to navigate, etc. Just tons of menus hidden off very side of your screen. Mobile-friendly improvements would be things such as:

- When you click a map, a panel of commands (assault, number of troops etc.) pops up alongside the map so that you can click there and then without having to scroll
- A slim menu with links to the most important functions (command center, inbox, forums etc.) stay permanently anchored along the bottom of the screen
- etc.

Essentially the website needs to be redesigned to fit on a phone/tablet screen controlled with fingers, not a 15" laptop monitor controlled with a mouse. Phones are already more popular than laptops for going online but no one who finds CC via their phone is going to bother signing up.

Ideally CC would make a purpose-designed app. That said it'd probably cost about $20k and I know I read somewhere on here recently that Big Whump is 100 years old and doesn't like spending money on newfangled fads like Windows 98.

This is only true if you are not using the panel interface. When you use the panel interface, CC is quite different on your mobile.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby mrswdk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 am

I just tried using panel interface on my mobile and it resolved neither of the following issues:
- Side bar on the left becoming invisible when in the game viewer
- Side bar expand/collapse button remains anchored at the top of the page, meaning you have to scroll up to reach it

I also suggested that maps should be fully clickable (e.g. during drop phase, if you click on a region then a scroll bar appears letting you choose how many troops you want to drop there and then submit the command). Panel interface doesn't offer a resolution to that.

I did notice that the left hand menu bar does actually include a link to the forum though so that is fine.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Salgoud wrote:I think sometimes the CC interface does not work pretty well on iPad or on my phone. :?

No way. CC is not responsive friendly site. Actually only the main page is responsive friendly page(the one that google can scan) and all internal pages are not.

Main problems
-CC foundations(before 2006) predate all modern browsers and mobile devices. Although they have been changed the implementation was not according to the responsive web principles.
-User Interface code is not standardized along all CC pages. There is little or no consistency between the pages. The look is the same but the implementation is different.
-User Interface code is embedded within server-side PHP code, making it difficult to maintain it. Upgrade is almost unthinkable mission.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 am

I guess Big Whump thinks this is still the 90s and people surf the interwebs on computers.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Return to Conquer Club Discussion