Conquer Club

Invasion of the Truce-Breakers

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Invasion of the Truce-Breakers

Postby ironbuttaxe on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:34 pm

I've noticed a growing pattern of truce-breaking in games recently, and I see a parallel in my professional life. The culprits are millennials whose approach to life is generally based on me, me and me. Truces, and in real-life agreements - to pay or to complete tasks, attend meetings etc. are conveniently (for them) broken when they (think they) no longer need the other party; and they further believe a disingenuous apology will placate whoever they've let down.

Just as I was about to write this another fellow-player, in his frustration, has broadcast, in all pertaining games, a notice alerting players to yet another truce-breaker.
Last edited by ironbuttaxe on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major ironbuttaxe

Re: Invasion of the Truce-Breakers

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:52 pm

i assume you always check ratings before making a truce, yes?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:50 pm

Ironbuttsex, that's a pretty good screen name.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BrutalBob on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:35 am

I generally dont know how old my opponents are in CC, so I couldnt say how trustworthy the millenials are in a game.

I am not sure if you are a professional Risk player but in my work I employ a couple of these millenials and they are very reliable, honest and do what they say
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby 2dimes on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:48 am

Oops, ironbuttaxe? That's not too bad. I bet a lot of millenials misread that.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 am

Well, did they win the game for breaking the truce? If they benefitted from it, I don't know what your gripe is.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby ironbuttaxe on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:16 am

Then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

There's this old-fashioned thing you apparently haven't heard of, called honour - your word and a few of us still believe in it.
Major ironbuttaxe

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 am

ironbuttaxe wrote:Then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

There's this old-fashioned thing you apparently haven't heard of, called honour - your word and a few of us still believe in it.

......America's Honor went away in the 19th cen...That is what "Gone With The Wind" is all about...That was THE GLORY of THE SOUTH...CHIVALRY ,HONOR...IN A BLINK OF AN EYE,IT WAS GONE WITH THE WIND...THAT WAS AMERICA'S CAMELOT... NOT THE KENNEDYS:(...Although,millenials today are not even Capitalists...they are ENTITLISTS... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Last edited by ConfederateSS on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:49 am

Can't be a solution when it's not a problem to begin with, can I?
Here's a word that'll tickle your pickle. It's called "Strategy". :o

Folks like you that get immensely butt hurt over a video game or the internet in general, and try to argue "honor" in a game, should not have a keyboard to begin with.

Edit - Here's how I know you're an A-typical whiner. You're mad because someone is not playing to YOUR design, or YOUR strategy. It's a "play like me, or you're a scum bag", right? All aboard the clue train, last stop is you, home bread. You didn't buy your opponents premium, you don't own this site, nor do you have any sway on how the rules are implemented. If someone wants to play this game butt naked, stroke his little peni and attack with his 3 stacks constantly, then by God, he can. You can't dictate how people are going to play, and you're an idiot for thinking that "honor" can be applied in a board game that involves a mixture of strategy and luck. Did your opponent break a truce and win a game? Good for him, that's his strategy, and you're a fool if you failed to see the clear advantage he would have if he broke it. If anything, you're part of the problem.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 am

In an experiment that recorded people's anticipation of, actual experiences in, and subsequent recollection of meaningful life events - a trip to Europe, a Thanksgiving vacation, and a three-week bicycle trip in California – scientists found that people’s recollection of the event was far more positive than their experience of it while doing it.

“The key point is that people rate past holidays - and other experiences - as much more positive in retrospect than they do at the time,” said Professor Chater, who is part of Warwick Business School's Behavioural Science Group.

“This is an illustration of the general idea that my life now doesn’t seem as good as it will look in retrospect.”

https://www.wbs.ac.uk/news/why-we-think ... -old-days/
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 am

I'm bored and I have time to kill.

Here's a list of games where there were truces and subsequently broken.

Game 14570723 - Blue breaks the truce after becoming clear it was a neck and neck race between you and teal. Wouldn't have mattered what his action were, but he chose you because you were the bigger threat.

Game 14745565 - There was never a turn notice or any stipulation and you freak out. ???

Game 4585221 - Ruh oh, hypocrite alert!

Honestly, after that last game, I stopped checking. It's one thing to be a classless whiner, it's another thing to be a hypocrite as well.

Edit -
To prove a point.

Game 16352014
Last edited by DirtyDishSoap on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:08 am

I heard the dice were coded by millennials as well. Pesky kids >:(
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I'm bored and I have time to kill.

Game 14570723 - Blue breaks the truce after becoming clear it was a neck and neck race between you and teal. Wouldn't have mattered what his action were, but he chose you because you were the bigger threat.

Game 14745565 - There was never a turn notice or any stipulation and you freak out. ???

Honestly, after that last game, I stopped checking. It's one thing to be a classless whiner, it's another thing to be a hypocrite as well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ironbuttaxe on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:07 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I'm bored and I have time to kill.

Triggered Millennial with too much time on your hands, let me guess...unemployed LOL
Like I said, you ARE the problem.
Major ironbuttaxe

Postby ironbuttaxe on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:15 am

mrswdk wrote:

In an experiment that recorded people's anticipation of, actual experiences in, and subsequent recollection of meaningful life events - a trip to Europe, a Thanksgiving vacation, and a three-week bicycle trip in California – scientists found that people’s recollection of the event was far more positive than their experience of it while doing it.

“The key point is that people rate past holidays - and other experiences - as much more positive in retrospect than they do at the time,” said Professor Chater, who is part of Warwick Business School's Behavioural Science Group.

“This is an illustration of the general idea that my life now doesn’t seem as good as it will look in retrospect.”

Well yes, and if you go along with the good professor's thesis, happy for you. However, back in the real world, societies change, and dare I say, degrade. You may recall the great empires of the past and how they collapsed - not overnight but gradually, and most often from within. But then again, you may not know any history and I'm probably banging my head against a wall trying to have an intelligent discussion with millennial and not so millennial, morons LOL

So f*ck it.
Major ironbuttaxe

Postby riskllama on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

DDS wins this thread.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ironbuttaxe on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:18 am

mrswdk wrote:I heard the dice were coded by millennials as well. Pesky kids >:(

Oh the wit, you really are too funny. Ha....Ha....haaaaaaa
Major ironbuttaxe

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am

ironbuttaxe wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

Well yes, and if you go along with the good professor's thesis, happy for you. However, back in the real world, societies change, and dare I say, degrade. You may recall the great empires of the past and how they collapsed - not overnight but gradually, and most often from within. But then again, you may not know any history and I'm probably banging my head against a wall trying to have an intelligent discussion with millennial and not so millennial, morons LOL

So f*ck it.

Presumably being honorable requires so much energy that it doesn't leave you much capacity for being polite or respectful huh?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 pm

mrswdk wrote:
ironbuttaxe wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

So f*ck it.

Presumably being honorable requires so much energy that it doesn't leave you much capacity for being polite or respectful huh?

DDS already debunked his "honourable" status when he won the thread, mrs. just another whiney, middle aged pos who got bit in the ass from making a truce w/another reprobate, not unlike himself. it happens... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Hypocrite wrote:Breaking truces is dishonorable, and you should feel ashamed for it, you piece of shit millennial! Unless, of course, I break the truce, then it's perfectly acceptable.

Lol
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Shut up Dirty Dick Soap.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby TeeGee on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:56 am

my advice: do not enter into any truces.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:59 am

ironbuttaxe wrote:Well yes, and if you go along with the good professor's thesis, happy for you. However, back in the real world, societies change, and dare I say, degrade. You may recall the great empires of the past and how they collapsed - not overnight but gradually, and most often from within. But then again, you may not know any history and I'm probably banging my head against a wall trying to have an intelligent discussion with millennial and not so millennial, morons LOL

So f*ck it.

I personally like trolling this guy because the chances of him being an infallible baby boomer is rather high. I'm not sure of profession nor do I care, but I'll assume American even though it states (formerly) France and Italy.

Let's break down this post!

Back in the real world

What real world are you referring to? Do you live in a fantasy 24/7?

Societies change, sure, but to say it degrades is a ridiculous notion. If that were the case, progress would never be made and we would still be flinging sticks and stones at each other and making cave paintings as a hobby. Your entire paragraph is a contradiction of itself. Is this another play-on-words where you blame the millenial's for your problems? Didn't I hear this before? "Generation -insert here- are causing all the problems!" Not really. Last I checked, my generation is a bit too young to hold an office or pass legislation, and if we do, we'd be a considerable minority. What was the past complaint I've heard? "DEY TOK R JOBZ!". Another lovely complaint from the lovely Baby Boomer generation.

I also don't understand why you would include all the great empires eventually implode due to this degradation. It's like...You didn't wake up and look around you, or even stare at your monitor for one solid minute to realize that even if an empire falls, progress is still being made elsewhere. Look at the Roman empire for example. Sure, it fell, but life continued, we still had an age of progression well after that. Civilization didn't end with the Romans, so I'm not exactly sure why you think that this is somehow relevant.

How does this affect you personally? Do you wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat, roll over to peer out the window, and damnit, those damn millenials are back at it again in your front yard! Or did one of us have a go at your wife? It's an age old question that I have posed to every single person in the baby boomer era as to why they think my generation is the cause of their problems, or how it affects them on a personal level. Every single answer has been "Well...They...UHHHH". Normally, it turns out to be some average schmuck with a chip on his shoulder. Again, I have to reiterate, we don't have the age group to be in office and pass any sort of legislation, and if we do, it's a minute margin. You're more than welcome to point your finger at yourselves for a change. But that would be counter productive for you. Surely, your generation did no wrong! Aside from a market crash, several wars, an ongoing occupation in the Middle East with little gain, a disproportionate economy to wage, an unbridled hatred for Vietnam vets, Disco, the list continues.
"But I don't hate the Vietnam Vets!". Sure, but your generation did.
"But I didn't cause the market crash!". Your generation did.

See where I'm going with this? Grouping an entire generation for shitty things that happen that are beyond your control or mine is stupid. If you can't grasp that, well, the saying that "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" would ring truer than ever.

I don't understand the baby boomers hatred for my generation. Your generation did raise us, right? So where's the blame? Aww well. It'll be a timeless argument. I'm sure when the rest of you die off in the next twenty to thirty years, we'll be complaining about the same things. Pointless.

Now that I have effectively derailed this thread, move it to the off topics, or even the trash can where it belongs! BWHA!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:31 pm

ironbuttaxe wrote:I've noticed a growing pattern of truce-breaking in games recently, and I see a parallel in my professional life. The culprits are millennials whose approach to life is generally based on me, me and me. Truces, and in real-life agreements - to pay or to complete tasks, attend meetings etc. are conveniently (for them) broken when they (think they) no longer need the other party; and they further believe a disingenuous apology will placate whoever they've let down.

Just as I was about to write this another fellow-player, in his frustration, has broadcast, in all pertaining games, a notice alerting players to yet another truce-breaker.

I blame Obama!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion