Conquer Club

My teammates' messages are coming to me in Chinese. Is that

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

My teammates' messages are coming to me in Chinese. Is that

Postby RichardAlexander on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:05 pm

A lot of the team messages I'm getting are

snap:: 1~? and then a string of Chinese characters. Is it supposed to look like that, and I'm supposed to do something with the characters to find out what it says? Or is it supposed to be something else and my computer is turning it into Chinese?

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be actual text, one thing Google Translate gave me was "Synthesis of mercaptans and fumaric acid is very complicated."
Lieutenant RichardAlexander

Location: Either New York City, or ... Buenos Airies, was that right?

Re: My teammates' messages are coming to me in Chinese. Is t

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:08 pm

RichardAlexander wrote:A lot of the team messages I'm getting are

snap:: 1~? and then a string of Chinese characters. Is it supposed to look like that, and I'm supposed to do something with the characters to find out what it says? Or is it supposed to be something else and my computer is turning it into Chinese?

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be actual text, one thing Google Translate gave me was "Synthesis of mercaptans and fumaric acid is very complicated."

They're snapshots. Turn on panels.

settings, scroll down to game settings, set panel interface to yes.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby RichardAlexander on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Huh. Thanks :)
Lieutenant RichardAlexander

Location: Either New York City, or ... Buenos Airies, was that right?

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm

That's actually hilarious since mercaptan is the chemical in your fart that makes it smell. It shouldn't be too tough to do a dehydration with that and fumaric acid. You'd just need to mess around a bit to get the reaction conditions right.

First you need to collect a bunch of mercaptan. I suggest farting into deionized water for a while until the color changes. Then you should have enough to begin experimenting.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 am

DoomYoshi wrote:That's actually hilarious since mercaptan is the chemical in your fart that makes it smell. It shouldn't be too tough to do a dehydration with that and fumaric acid. You'd just need to mess around a bit to get the reaction conditions right.

First you need to collect a bunch of mercaptan. I suggest farting into deionized water for a while until the color changes. Then you should have enough to begin experimenting.

How much useless knowledge do you have?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

No offense, DY but the last time I took your advice to fart into a bottle it didn't end well.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby mrswdk on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Well now it's the Chinese telling you to fart in a bottle. So go fart in that f*cking bottle.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:That's actually hilarious since mercaptan is the chemical in your fart that makes it smell. It shouldn't be too tough to do a dehydration with that and fumaric acid. You'd just need to mess around a bit to get the reaction conditions right.

Organic Chemistry isn't useless :cry:
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

DY = fart aficionado...
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby King_Herpes on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 pm

mrswdk wrote:Well now it's the Chinese telling you to fart in a bottle. So go fart in that f*cking bottle.

Nobody over here is bending the knee to China, Gary.

So until that day, my farts will go where I please. Meanwhile don't make me send one in your general direction.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby mrswdk on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:14 am

King_Herpes wrote:
mrswdk wrote:Well now it's the Chinese telling you to fart in a bottle. So go fart in that f*cking bottle.

Nobody over here is bending the knee to China, Gary.

So until that day, my farts will go where I please. Meanwhile don't make me send one in your general direction.

Fart where you like your farts smell like elderberries.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 am

If we could capture some of that, we could figure out which chemicals give it that elderberry scent.

I've been thinking of doing this synthesis even easier, by using GM e. coli transplanted into the colon which can produce fumaric acid and then react with the mercaptan. We could probably modify this somewhat to give a more useful scent, like elderberry odor. The only problem is that I can't find any elderberry jam to even have a clue. Is that a real fruit?

Either way, it's good news. You no longer need to fart in a water bottle, but if that becomes Monocle magazine's trend of the year next year, you can thank me.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby King_Herpes on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:19 am

Okay now I'm back to believing that this is a good idea.

Between mrswdk's compliments and sweet mother science's factastic truths, I am fully back on deck.

All thanks to China.
Lieutenant King_Herpes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

Doesn't exactly answer my question but okay.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:00 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

Doesn't exactly answer my question but okay.

Well, I have a high reading speed, and I'm a voracious reader. I'll read everything from Dissent (a communist magazine) to the American Conservative and Reason (distinctly not communist magazines). I also try to read regional non-American news as much as possible (South China Morning Post, Der Spiegel, Haaretz, al Jazeera). I am also way over-educated for my job. I sit in a truck and have no responsibilities so I read more. Add to this an above-average memory and I really do store it all up. You can name a topic and chances are that I've spent at least some time studying it either formally or informally.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 am

Topic:

Dreams.

Go.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby mrswdk on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am

Any solid evidence out there on the sort of impacts that hot desking has on staff productivity, morale etc., compared to assigned desks?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 am

mrswdk wrote:Any solid evidence out there on the sort of impacts that hot desking has on staff productivity, morale etc., compared to assigned desks?

This one I have informally tested in a classroom setting. Usually I would randomize my seat on random.org before going to a lecture and I would very much disturb the entire class by re-arranging the seating. People like to sit in the same spot all the time and you wouldn't believe the chaos that I caused by this behavior. That isn't solid evidence, but I have a feeling that it would lower productivity and morale. Letting people pick their own seating is terrible, as nobody can be trusted to do anything with any rational thought, and they also can't be trusted to do it randomly. If it is centrally assigned, it might be more space efficient, morale be damned. People's brains become less good as they repeat patterns and get into habits. At all times in every way you should as a human being try to be breaking your patterns. As a good boss, you would want that to happen for your workers. As an evil "the man" kind of boss, you don't want your employees to have to reinvent the wheel everytime they do something so you want indoctrinated rigid thought patterns.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Topic:

Dreams.

Go.

Ecclesiastes 5:3,7 gives a general impression of dreams "A dream comes when there are many cares, and mark the speech of a fool. ... Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore, fear God." However, revelations from God come through dreams (Numbers 12:6, Job 33:15-17, Jeremiah 23:28, Acts 2:17). This might seem contradictory and in fact one can observe many cases where dreams are a type of prophecy (usually with proper interpretation, as in Genesis 40:8-23, 41:1-36; Daniel 2:16-30, 4:1-37) but we also have examples where dreams are mere delusions or fabrications (Jeremiah 23:25-32, 27:9, 29:8, Zechariah 10:2). Part of the difficulty is in the evanescent and delusive nature of dreams themselves (Job 20:8 and Isaiah 29:7-8). So, what are we to do of this? Luckily, there is a test in Deuteronomy (13:1-5):
“If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

There are many famous dreams like Martin Luther King Jr's famous speech and Jacob's Ladder being probably the two most famous.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 pm

RichardAlexander wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be actual text, one thing Google Translate gave me was "Synthesis of mercaptans and fumaric acid is very complicated."

Sorry but this cracked me up.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Conquer Club Discussion