Conquer Club

RATING SYSTEM STINKS

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

RATING SYSTEM STINKS

Postby zibbe on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 pm

I got down rated by some little toerag so I decided to revisit the game to see what I might of did to upset him (WALLZ) I went to beginning of the game and advanced move by move until the end. He was on one side of the map I was on the other and never the twain ( we had zero interaction) No attacks no moves on his territories and vice versa. The game ended without us making a move against each other. Yet... The little toerag thinks he's qualified to give me a rating (and a bad one at that) How can this be allowed? How petty is this community? I call foul on this and would like to report the toerag for unfair comments.

New Recruit zibbe

Re: RATING SYSTEM STINKS

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:29 pm

As I explained to you yesterday, three stars is “average.” While many people on the site will give fives across the board there is an active group of people who stick to the “three is average” mentality. Also as I said yesterday, you’ve been rated by three people. As long as your a semi-decent human being your rating will quickly go up as you play more games and earn more ratings.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby zibbe on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:31 pm

And you consider his rating to be fair and within the spirit of the game? Are you serious?
New Recruit zibbe

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm

zibbe wrote:And you consider his rating to be fair and within the spirit of the game? Are you serious?

For someone who has played three games on the site and is still learning the variations, yes, odds are “average” is a good assessment. Now, I haven’t played you so perhaps you are a CC savant. I’m more than happy to play some games with you if you’re interested.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby zibbe on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:43 pm

With respect, the number of played games has nothing to do with it. No I'm not a cc sevant. I just love playing risk. I play multiplayer ever day on my ipad. I don't win very often but that doesn't take away from the enjoyment of the game. What does is peoples attitude towards others. You can't rate someone you've never interacted with. That's 'dishonest' And I don't care that it's an 'average' mark. Don't act like ratings don't matter because they do.
New Recruit zibbe

Postby IcePack on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:16 pm

They don’t matter, and most start w lower rankings and end up higher. I remember when I started here my rating was low and I was worried / upset about it. Now it’s 4.9, there’s a lot more ratings that are being averaged as time goes on.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Number of games is exactly the point of the system. The more people rating you, the less weight each rating carries. That’s how averages work.

Playing you in a game is interacting with you. Not as much as chatting with you on the game but it’s still a type of interaction.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:29 pm

I don't know what a toerag is, but I would imagine that someone who cries because his opponent doesn't like him qualifies.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby riskllama on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I don't know what a toerag is, but I would imagine that someone who cries because his opponent doesn't like him qualifies.

think you get one w/the purchase of your "higher end" sandals... 8-)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:07 pm

riskllama wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I don't know what a toerag is, but I would imagine that someone who cries because his opponent doesn't like him qualifies.

Ah, crocodile tears to go with his Crocs? Checks out.

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
riskllama wrote:

Ah, crocodile tears to go with his Crocs? Checks out.

:lol:
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby zibbe on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:38 pm

As I suspected, a community of petty individuals who also think they are comedians. You're all wankers. I presume you all know what a wanker is?
New Recruit zibbe

Postby riskllama on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:42 pm

petty how? petty as in caring about ones' rating on an online turn-based strategy game?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TeeGee on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:20 am

while your attendance is at 81% and declining I would expect to see your ratings drop too

But I understand, you might be busy watching the ashes slip from your grasp
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby riskllama on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 am

TeeGee wrote:while your attendance is at 81% and declining I would expect to see your ratings drop too

yeah, people don't like that.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:31 am

zibbe wrote:As I suspected, a community of petty individuals who also think they are comedians. You're all wankers. I presume you all know what a wanker is?

Oh yes we're definitely wankers. Just the other day I was wanking mrswdk.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 am

zibbe wrote:As I suspected, a community of petty individuals who also think they are comedians. You're all wankers. I presume you all know what a wanker is?

Maybe you're just an idiot and actually a bad player?

I mean...Of all the things you can complain about when you first join, with a handful of games played, is a 3 star rating from a major...Really? Kind of an entitled ass are you? I imagine you're the kind of prick that if you don't have it exactly your way, you make a fuss about it. Pizza delivery is 2 minutes late? No tip. Waitress taking too long because it's a crowed night? 0 tip. Any constructive criticism recieved is instantly met with a verbal backlash on how you're the most perfect human being ever. "I RECIEVED A 3 STAR RATING! THEREFOR THIS COMMUNITY IS PETTY AND I QUIT, THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!". Good job, Sherlock. We're all in awe, and we regret in losing the next PaulAtPeace. Rest in pepperonis.
Go play in traffic.

Edit - On a side note, I agree the grade your homework paper with 0-5 stars is stupid, and it should go back to the positive/negative system where you can actually construct critique on a player.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby zibbe on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Ok, only logged in to study the behaviour. You lot really are petty..and predictable. I am enjoying watching you all circle and gang up on your prey. I imagine some of you do that with new members on the site while pretending your playing a solo game. I will try and answer you all if no one one bothers me in the next half hour, my time today is limited. So here we go...

Metsfanmax

Your rating system does stink, but not as much as your puns. You should never use a pun as a joke, It's like showing your hand, it says "I haven't got anything funnier to say than this pun but i'm gonna use it anyway because i'm not funny no matter how hard I try" and the smiley face after it... really doesn't make your pun any funnier. Listen jackass, if you wanna insult me fine, but I enjoy insulting back too. It's better than playing risk. Do you wanna play big boy?

Riskllama petty how? petty as in caring about ones' rating on an online turn-based strategy game?
Already answered that one llama - keep up.

DirtyDishsoap
Yeah, I know what you mean ,I do sound like a crybaby when you put it like that. I think I made a valid point in the first place but some of the messages have kind of put me in that direction. You know. like going with the flow of the traffic. You got me to a tee there, you know.. about the waitress tipping and that but your cultural perspective is skewed. I'm English, we don't tip waitresses over here we ask them out on a date. Constructive critisim? Where? and yes be in awe of the big bad world out there that dares to defy your beautiful construct in the 'Conquer club" where you come to seek solace and affirmation from the elite of this revered community. Tread this path carefully, for it is full of dark creatures waiting to devour you in an instant. But you already know that right? It's part of the thrill isn't it? Can you smell the blood yet? Am I crumbling before your very eyes, falling weeping into my fishpond where the fish are dying (because they are freshwater fish and my tears are salty)

We all get wound up one way way or another but I'm fucked if I let some little prick pretend he had an intereraction with me and when he didn't. The fact that none of you get this point but you'll argue it anyway is just annoyingly petty minded.

oops.... gotta go

Oh and Teegee... speak up I can't hear you.
New Recruit zibbe

Postby 2dimes on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Multi of the year 2017.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 pm

zibbe wrote:Ok, only logged in to study the behaviour. You lot really are petty..and predictable.

If we are predictable, why did you bother posting this thread?

I am enjoying watching you all circle and gang up on your prey. I imagine some of you do that with new members on the site while pretending your playing a solo game.

I imagine it's common for you to join a site and then criticize it a month after joining.

Your rating system does stink, but not as much as your puns. You should never use a pun as a joke, It's like showing your hand, it says "I haven't got anything funnier to say than this pun but i'm gonna use it anyway because i'm not funny no matter how hard I try"

I completely agree that I am not very funny and that my use of puns reveals this. How can I become funnier in the future?

and the smiley face after it... really doesn't make your pun any funnier.

I am not sure which smiley face you are referring to, but I find that making people smile with my wit is enjoyable.

Do you wanna play big boy?

Now who's the wanker?

We all get wound up one way way or another but I'm fucked if I let some little prick pretend he had an intereraction with me and when he didn't.

That dude gave the winner of the game three stars too. Is it possible that this has nothing to do with you and you're getting upset about it anyway, perhaps because you like whining?

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:45 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:As I explained to you yesterday, three stars is “average.” While many people on the site will give fives across the board there is an active group of people who stick to the “three is average” mentality. Also as I said yesterday, you’ve been rated by three people. As long as your a semi-decent human being your rating will quickly go up as you play more games and earn more ratings.
CatchersMitt14 wrote:Number of games is exactly the point of the system. The more people rating you, the less weight each rating carries. That’s how averages work.

Playing you in a game is interacting with you. Not as much as chatting with you on the game but it’s still a type of interaction.
IcePack wrote:They don’t matter, and most start w lower rankings and end up higher. I remember when I started here my rating was low and I was worried / upset about it. Now it’s 4.9, there’s a lot more ratings that are being averaged as time goes on.

- Zibbe - These are the reply's you need to focus on, Don't read all the other heat, Don't let others tease you into a frenzy brother! Ice & CatchersMitt are being str8 up! GL and keep doing your best!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
I am enjoying watching you all circle and gang up on your prey. I imagine some of you do that with new members on the site while pretending your playing a solo game.

I imagine it's common for you to join a site and then criticize it a month after joining.

Actually, that's exactly what lack did. That's why we don't have a surrender button anymore.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby carmens on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 pm

zibbe, I really think you need to reconsider who is being petty. You seem pretty up in arms over one rating....
Captain carmens

Postby Hooch on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 am

Zibbe the ratings system isn't the best but to be perfectly honest...
Sprecchen held a bonus for 7 rounds and none of you jokers punched it, you either tried and failed 3 times or just dropped troops and tried to card in a no card game.
You ran out of time once and missed 2 turns and another turn between them another no spot taken, be grateful with a set of 3's for that.

If you ever had the fortune to play them again they might rate you higher and then again etc etc....
Private 1st Class Hooch

Return to Conquer Club Discussion