Conquer Club

Trouble giving players ratings at the end of a game?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Trouble giving players ratings at the end of a game?

Postby Misfire on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Ok so I won a game and there were some guys who deserve poor ratings because of their poor sportsmanship, but now that the game is over I do not have the option of giving them ratings as I do at the conclusion of most games. The game was recent, so why can't I leave a rating? Does anyone else ever have this problem?
Sergeant 1st Class Misfire

Re: Trouble giving players ratings at the end of a game?

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:42 pm

game number?
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm

You should be able to go to central command, completed games, and enter the game. You should be able to find the place there to rate.
I think there had been mentioned and issue if you COMPLETE a game, and it used to show you that right away...I think you have to exit the game, and re enter using completed.
I'm not 100% on this, its been a long time since I dealt with the issue or tested it / looked into it

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby The ram on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:58 pm

IcePack wrote:You should be able to go to central command, completed games, and enter the game. You should be able to find the place there to rate.
I think there had been mentioned and issue if you COMPLETE a game, and it used to show you that right away...I think you have to exit the game, and re enter using completed.
I'm not 100% on this, its been a long time since I dealt with the issue or tested it / looked into it

In my personal experience doing that works around 10% of the time. The other 90% I only have the option of rematch.
Cadet The ram

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:02 am

The ram wrote:
IcePack wrote:You should be able to go to central command, completed games, and enter the game. You should be able to find the place there to rate.

In my personal experience doing that works around 10% of the time. The other 90% I only have the option of rematch.

You should always have that option. Can you post a screenshot?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby The ram on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54 am

Dukasaur wrote:
The ram wrote:

How do I do that?
Cadet The ram

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:40 am

The ram wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
The ram wrote:

How do I do that?

The most basic way is to hold down <CTRL><PRT SCR>, which gives you a screenshot. You then open Paint or whatever graphics editor is on your system, paste it in, and convert it to a .gif. The trouble with that is that you then have to upload it to an image hosting service like image shack, which is an extra step.

An easier way is to use a screenshot editor, which takes the screenshot and hosts it in one step. There are dozens of them available. Unfortunately it's hard to make a recommendation. Every time I get used to one, they change it or take it off the market and I have to look for a new one. The latest one I'm using is Monosnap. You can download it at https://monosnap.com/welcome. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to use it, but so far it seems to be working good.

Anyway, once you get it figured out, it makes it easy to post screenshots of what's happening in your game, which makes it a lot easier for someone to help you. Here's a recently-completed game of mine, with the ratings options showing (I've posted a complete uncropped image so you can see my full setup, although in most cases you would crop it to just the area of concern):
The red arrow points to the "Leave rating" area, which is always there on every game I've ever played. I don't know what's happening on your system, if you've got your panels set differently or whatever, which is why I hope you can post a screenshot. One thing I'm wondering is if you have an older normal-width monitor, in which case that area would be cut off and you might have to scroll to the right to get to it.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby The ram on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
The ram wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
The ram wrote:

How do I do that?

The most basic way is to hold down <CTRL><PRT SCR>, which gives you a screenshot. You then open Paint or whatever graphics editor is on your system, paste it in, and convert it to a .gif. The trouble with that is that you then have to upload it to an image hosting service like image shack, which is an extra step.

An easier way is to use a screenshot editor, which takes the screenshot and hosts it in one step. There are dozens of them available. Unfortunately it's hard to make a recommendation. Every time I get used to one, they change it or take it off the market and I have to look for a new one. The latest one I'm using is Monosnap. You can download it at https://monosnap.com/welcome. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to use it, but so far it seems to be working good.

Anyway, once you get it figured out, it makes it easy to post screenshots of what's happening in your game, which makes it a lot easier for someone to help you. Here's a recently-completed game of mine, with the ratings options showing (I've posted a complete uncropped image so you can see my full setup, although in most cases you would crop it to just the area of concern):
The red arrow points to the "Leave rating" area, which is always there on every game I've ever played. I don't know what's happening on your system, if you've got your panels set differently or whatever, which is why I hope you can post a screenshot. One thing I'm wondering is if you have an older normal-width monitor, in which case that area would be cut off and you might have to scroll to the right to get to it.

I only play on my phone, could that be the problem? I've noticed that it only gives me the option in multi player games or if I lose. [quote]
Cadet The ram

Postby Flanking You on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 am

Yes me too!!! You can't rate poly games you win!!! Only losses, cc needs to fix this bcos most of my bad ratings are from games I win, but cannot rate . unfair, bcos I know concrete and innya would give good rating, but they won so they can't. Its very unfair bcos site is old, most don't bother to rate unless pissed off. With my play I should be at least 4.8 I understand attitude, but in ESC if 6 or more players, i tell truth, stack hitters and BMS ruin games for those that are smart. I will always say this, bcos its true!!!!
Corporal Flanking You

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 pm

The ram wrote:
I only play on my phone, could that be the problem?

Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm one of those old fogeys who only uses a phone to make phone calls. I use a computer to play computer games.

I could go on a rant but it wouldn't be helpful. Hopefully one of the younger crowd will show up to answer your question...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Flanking You wrote:Yes me too!!! You can't rate poly games you win!!! Only losses, cc needs to fix this bcos most of my bad ratings are from games I win, but cannot rate . unfair, bcos I know concrete and innya would give good rating, but they won so they can't. Its very unfair bcos site is old, most don't bother to rate unless pissed off. With my play I should be at least 4.8 I understand attitude, but in ESC if 6 or more players, i tell truth, stack hitters and BMS ruin games for those that are smart. I will always say this, bcos its true!!!!

Hmm, I just checked on my phone, not sure I've ever tried to rate from here before tonight. He seems to be right, I cannot rate my opponent in the poly game I won but I can rate in the poly game I lost. Checked the same two games from my computer and I can rate in both so it does seem to be a mobile issue. Does not look to me to be an issue restricted to poly type either. There are other, standard and team games, where I cannot rate from my phone yet won the game.

These screenshots are from iOS 11.2.5 on my iPhone.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Flanking You on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks catchersmitt yes it was from tablet not computer, thank you for advice
Corporal Flanking You

Return to Conquer Club Discussion