Conquer Club

Easter Egg tournament

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Easter Egg tournament

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am

How many people are playing these tournaments?

I have been on this site for quite a few years and to be honest, its a complete mystery to me how to navigate my way into one of these tournaments. I have been in a couple of regular tournaments and quite enjoyed them, but even those I find it difficult to find them and work out which are under way or waiting for players.

Last night I thought I would try and join one of the Easter tournaments as I had a bit of time on my hands and I had seen the banner at the top of Central Command. I had previously tried on or two of the others but never actually joined because I found it confusing.

So I go to Mega Egg but soon realise I need some eggs, pesumably gained in other non finale games (i figured that bit out so I'm probably not quite as stupid as you are thinking). I check the tournaments page, but all the hoppy games are private games for some reason.

I then go to the tournament forum pages from the link on the tournament page and one of the was last updated/ replied on four years ago and the other one year ago, with some "in pleases".

So I gave up and did something else.

I dont want to read through ten pages of shit to try and join a game

How hard can you make it?

And after looking at the banner for about a week I just realised that the little red bar at the bottom is a scroll bar that shows additional games. Incredible. I just thought it was a pogress bar of some kind showing something that I dont know about- because thats how I feel about so much of this site. Its so inaccessible. Any wonder new users are put off.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Re: Easter Egg tournament

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:45 am

Weird but hardly surprising. The cliques here are kind of annoying. Maybe you have to have been here longer than me to be part of them.

I received an egg a few days ago and went to inventory to see what I had. I noticed I don't have any of the junk from the past, except stars. I have received eggs from signing and going to central command to check on my game. No idea how many you need to get into the mega egg thing.

Most of that stuff like medals makes little sense.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:51 am

Ok I just went to look. https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=6680

Am I reading that right, you need 100 eggs to get in? 20 of each kind?

How many games are people playing to get that? It must be like having an extra job.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:55 am

2dimes wrote:Ok I just went to look. https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=6680

Am I reading that right, you need 100 eggs to get in? 20 of each kind?

How many games are people playing to get that? It must be like having an extra job.

Exactly. I dont even know how they are getting in them
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 am

I have no idea what the point of stars is. I went to the sacrifice thing and got different stars.
Uh? Yay?

I read recently that a red star is valuable but have no idea why or if that is even true.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:09 am

From what I know, they drop randomly in regular games but more frequently in games on the Easter map.

- Caff, Clan Director
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:14 am

I like how in the inventory explaination page it says these eggs are "very rare" it also says that about blue stars. I have twelve eggs though.

Even funnier I have 69 war tokens. I don't even know what those are from.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 am

Pretty much all useless.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 am

Don't worry. All that junk will disappear next year. :P

Those participation ribbons are pretty sweet.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:52 am

BrutalBob wrote:
So I go to Mega Egg but soon realise I need some eggs, pesumably gained in other non finale games (i figured that bit out so I'm probably not quite as stupid as you are thinking). I check the tournaments page, but all the hoppy games are private games for some reason.

Yeah, they are all 'private' but if you join through the join link on the main Centcom page it automatically puts in the password for you. Being 'private' is just a technicality the system requires to make them qualify as tournament games. There's no obstacle to joining. The games are open to all. Just click the little link that says "JOIN" beside the game.

During the event, you usually get some eggs just for logging in. You also have a small chance of an additional egg on every page you go to, so after playing some games go through all the pages: check your dice stats, check your medal stats, check your inventory, check your ratings, etc. All of these have a very small chance of an extra drop but over the course of a weekend it adds up.

When the sign lights up that says "HOPPY HOUR" all these random drop chances are multiplied 5X, so during hoppy hour join some extra games, and after each game race through all the other pages, and you can pick up quite a few.

The very best way to gather eggs, however, is to play in the mini tournaments that run during the event. The little speed tournaments and the Battle Royales all drop huge numbers of eggs. If you play in one of the speed tourneys you're guaranteed an egg for joining each game, another 1-5 eggs for each game you win, and another 1-10 eggs for winning the tournament itself. In previous years when I has time to participate I think I averaged about 20 eggs in the speed tourneys I won and about 6 or 7 even in the ones I lost. If you join the Battle Royales you get one egg just for joining and another 5-10 if you win.

Above all keep joining the Bunny Hopper games. (That's the ones on the little scroll bar, yes.) There is a wide variety there, and a lot of them are on small maps, so even if you pick up 50 or 80 extra games over the weekend they should all be done in a week or so and you won't have that massive post-event game load hangover that you get from things like the Christmas event.

This is the first year that I haven't actively participated in this event, because I've had to work all weekend, but even from dropping in a few times a day to take my regular turns and stuff I've gathered 27 eggs. That's with not trying at all. Really, reaching 200 is not enormously difficult, but you do have to apply yourself a little bit.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:06 am

I think I see why I'm not going to get a hundred eggs.

"50 or 80 extra games..." But don't worry, "they should all be done in a week."

Take the Tide Pod challenge. Even if it tastes bad and your mouth hurts. It should be done in under an hour.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 am

2dimes wrote:I think I see why I'm not going to get a hundred eggs.

I don't know what kind of game load you normally carry, but that's not a lot. Serious players often carry a game load in the 150 range, and it's not unusual to go over 200 during special events.

I've made a concerted effort to get my game load down this year. It's currently at 71, which I think is the lowest its been in five years.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 am

Dukasaur wrote:

I don't know what kind of game load you normally carry, but that's not a lot. Serious players often carry a game load in the 150 range, and it's not unusual to go over 200 during special events.

I've made a concerted effort to get my game load down this year. It's currently at 71, which I think is the lowest its been in five years.

That's actually not true at all. Most players who could be considered "serious" are in clans, and lots of those players often have sub 20 games active at a time.

Trust me, I'm a clan director.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

That's actually not true at all. Most players who could be considered "serious" are in clans, and lots of those players often have sub 20 games active at a time.

I notice you currently have 183 active games...:P
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

That's irrelevant to what I said.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

That's irrelevant to what I said.

I don't particularly pedestalize the ivory-tower clan guys with their 20-game loads. They may be "serious" about their scores, but they're missing out on 90% of what CC has to offer.

I'm more likely to consider you a serious player than one of them.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:41 am

I guess it depends how you define a serious player. I was interpreting it loosely as anyone who takes the game seriously, which the majority of clan players would.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:54 am

I doubt I have ever been a serious anything. Fair enough that held back my Major label Rock Star career but otherwise things are going ok.

I like 1-3 games going all at once. Except camping season. I can't play during camping season until they fix the pause game setting. WiFi is lacking where we camp. You would think with all the trees there would at least be dial up or something but nope.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:12 am

Dukasaur wrote:
BrutalBob wrote:

Yeah, they are all 'private' but if you join through the join link on the main Centcom page it automatically puts in the password for you. Being 'private' is just a technicality the system requires to make them qualify as tournament games. There's no obstacle to joining. The games are open to all. Just click the little link that says "JOIN" beside the game.

Thanks for the reply Duk, but what you are telling me is just incredible. So the place to join is from the banner where after a week of seeing it daily I only just realised today the red bar was a scroll bar and could be moved to show more games. And you can see no details about the game.

Theer are some serious problems here.

Dukasaur wrote:During the event, you usually get some eggs just for logging in. You also have a small chance of an additional egg on every page you go to, so after playing some games go through all the pages: check your dice stats, check your medal stats, check your inventory, check your ratings, etc. All of these have a very small chance of an extra drop but over the course of a weekend it adds up.

When the sign lights up that says "HOPPY HOUR" all these random drop chances are multiplied 5X, so during hoppy hour join some extra games, and after each game race through all the other pages, and you can pick up quite a few.

The very best way to gather eggs, however, is to play in the mini tournaments that run during the event. The little speed tournaments and the Battle Royales all drop huge numbers of eggs. If you play in one of the speed tourneys you're guaranteed an egg for joining each game, another 1-5 eggs for each game you win, and another 1-10 eggs for winning the tournament itself. In previous years when I has time to participate I think I averaged about 20 eggs in the speed tourneys I won and about 6 or 7 even in the ones I lost. If you join the Battle Royales you get one egg just for joining and another 5-10 if you win.

All good info, but where is it? I just went to join the mega finale and I need 20 of each type. If the distribution is random how many eggs total would I need to get 20 of each. A couple of hundred?
Dukasaur wrote:Above all keep joining the Bunny Hopper games. (That's the ones on the little scroll bar, yes.) There is a wide variety there, and a lot of them are on small maps, so even if you pick up 50 or 80 extra games over the weekend they should all be done in a week or so and you won't have that massive post-event game load hangover that you get from things like the Christmas event.

I would have about 5 or six going at once. But not qualifying for the finale is not really my point.

My point is that I have been here for years and still cant figure any of this shit out.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:38 am

BrutalBob wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
BrutalBob wrote:

Thanks for the reply Duk, but what you are telling me is just incredible. So the place to join is from the banner where after a week of seeing it daily I only just realised today the red bar was a scroll bar and could be moved to show more games. And you can see no details about the game.

Actually, yes you can see the details of the game. Just click on the picture of it to see it in Game Finder mode.

What I usually do is right-click on the picture of the game, select "open in new tab". That way I can look at the full game details without losing my place. Then if I want to join, I close the tab and click on "JOIN" in the original window.

BrutalBob wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:During the event, you usually get some eggs just for logging in. You also have a small chance of an additional egg on every page you go to, so after playing some games go through all the pages: check your dice stats, check your medal stats, check your inventory, check your ratings, etc. All of these have a very small chance of an extra drop but over the course of a weekend it adds up.

All good info, but where is it?

I'm sorry. Usually I do write an announcement for all these events. Unfortunately, this year I've been working a lot more than usual and coming home exhausted and I just ran out of time. It didn't help that Easter came early this year. So, in the end there was no announcement. However, the event is pretty much identical to the last three years, so I hoped that most people would still remember all that stuff.

I really will try to not let this happen again. Usually these events have corresponding announcements. However, if I do miss one again, just look at the previous year's announcement: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=634&t=222717#p4928782

BrutalBob wrote: I just went to join the mega finale and I need 20 of each type. If the distribution is random how many eggs total would I need to get 20 of each. A couple of hundred?

Possibly, if your luck is bad. I see some people on the scoreboard that got their 20 of each type around 150 total.

BrutalBob wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Above all keep joining the Bunny Hopper games. (That's the ones on the little scroll bar, yes.) There is a wide variety there, and a lot of them are on small maps, so even if you pick up 50 or 80 extra games over the weekend they should all be done in a week or so and you won't have that massive post-event game load hangover that you get from things like the Christmas event.

I would have about 5 or six going at once. But not qualifying for the finale is not really my point.

My point is that I have been here for years and still cant figure any of this shit out.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. (Which you have here, and that's good.) Bottom line is, it's a community affair. Go into chat or go into the forums and ask questions. People will answer. Not always right away but usually a question asked in the forums attracts somebody's attention within a day or so. Being part of the community and helping each other is a big part of this site.

These events, not just Easter but Christmas and St. Paddy's and all the others, basically all follow the same pattern. There's usually a Grand Finale tournament with some really big prizes. There's always some tokens you have to collect to get into the Grand Finale, there's always a scoreboard showing the tokens you need, and there's some combination of Speed Tourneys, Casual Tourneys, Battle Royales, and Random Games that you can join to earn those tokens. All these things are clickable links from the banner on your Central Command page. Of course there's usually an announcement, and I do apologise once again that I didn't make one this year. But don't be shy about browsing through the Announcement Archives and looking at those from previous years. And also don't hesitate if something's not clear to ask about it in open chat or this forum.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:41 am

At the end of the day the responsibility shouldn't solely fall to Duk and I'm sure there are other mods in the know who could post an announcement but simply don't bother. This is something I will look to change when I take leadership of the CDs.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 pm

To be fair I have 16 eggs and all I do around here is complain, so the eggs do seem fairly easy to get. Could be like monopoly at the arches and there's one that's really hard to get.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:36 pm

2dimes wrote:To be fair I have 16 eggs and all I do around here is complain, so the eggs do seem fairly easy to get. Could be like monopoly at the arches and there's one that's really hard to get.

It's not like that. It's just you actually have to try to get 20 of each and if you don't try you won't.

Or you can just cheat like Raz and give yourself 100 of each.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks for the replies Duk. Certainly not trying to have a crack at anyone volunteering their time to put these things together. I just get a bit frustrated at how hard it is to figure out so much stuff around here, not just this one event. I see it more as a structural thing.

Cheers
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Plus poor Razorvich needs a lot of eggs to help keep up his strength during his diarrhea.
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion