Conquer Club

Official Dice Bitch Thread

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Are the Dice broken and/or rigged?

Postby PepeTheFrog on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello,

I am 12 years old and a Xtian. (that means Christian, I just think it's a cooler way to say it)

Are the dice broken? I haven't won a single dice roll in I don't even know how long.

This is ridiculous and I am thinking about calling the FBI.
Attachments
qr.png
Clue: (Joker:3) Occasionally NSFW
qr.png (58.1 KiB) Viewed 6592 times
Private PepeTheFrog

Re: Official Dice Bitch Thread

Postby BrutalBob on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 pm

This shit has been going on all day and i am getting sick of it
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Symmetry on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Some morons are always gonna expect that dice don't roll ones twice in a row for them.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BrutalBob on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Symmetry wrote:Some morons are always gonna expect that dice don't roll ones twice in a row for them.

And this trolly shit has been going on for years and we are all sick of it
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Symmetry on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:53 am

BrutalBob wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Some morons are always gonna expect that dice don't roll ones twice in a row for them.

And this trolly shit has been going on for years and we are all sick of it

You'd think that people would learm...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby KoolBak on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 am

:lol: that there is funny.

Yo Bobby. The bad dice hurt, yet we ignore the offsetting good dice. I do it too. All of our long term dice stats are the same. Go kill a kangaroo and you'll feel bettah.

And quit antagonizing brother Sym...thats not healthy.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:30 am

KoolBak wrote::lol: that there is funny.

Yo Bobby. The bad dice hurt, yet we ignore the offsetting good dice. I do it too. All of our long term dice stats are the same. Go kill a kangaroo and you'll feel bettah.

I am sure you will be hearing from the Australian chapter of PETA for that comment.

So true about ignoring the good dice KB. One thing about the dice that you don't see is your defensive dice. You don't get to see the times you were attacked and your 2 defeated a 12.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby KoolBak on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm

People Eating Tasty Animals. A damn fine organization :lol:

I like their slogan: There is a place for all god's creatures: Right next to the potatoes and gravy.

AND:

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

I am sure you will be hearing from the Australian chapter of PETA for that comment.

So true about ignoring the good dice KB. One thing about the dice that you don't see is your defensive dice. You don't get to see the times you were attacked and your 2 defeated a 12.

https://venturebeat.com/2010/03/12/quotes-from-sid-meiers-keynote-gdc-speech/

ā€œGames produce a ā€˜winnerā€™ paradox. In real life you donā€™t always win. Only one football team gets to win the Super Bowl each year, all the others lose. In games, you always win. I never get complaint letters from fans and gamers saying, ā€˜I win too much.ā€™ This is fundamental to entertainment; the player is looking for a satisfactory conclusion.ā€

ā€œThere is a basic dichotomy in games: When you reward players for winning a war and give them 100 gold pieces, the player never really questions rewards. If something bad happens, if there is a setback to the player, they react much differently. They complain the game is broken, the AI is cheating, or something in the game is wrong. You have to be careful with setbacks. Itā€™s important to explain why these things happen, and how to avoid these things in the future. If gamers believe the game is cheating, if you havenā€™t explained something well, they will leave. I see a big value is replayability. Whenever there is an opportunity to plant the seed of replayability, youā€™re on your way to a satisfied customer.ā€

(...)

ā€œPlayer psychology has nothing to do with rational thought. My background is in mathematics. In CIV REV (Civilization Revolution, the console-only Civilization game), we found interesting reactions to what seemed to me vary rational situations. For instance when we pit civilized militia against uncivilized barbarians, and their points were 1.5 to 0.5, respectively, we heard players complain. Even when players were in a battle with 1: 3 odds, they felt they could win. I watched these testers and players, and they would say, ā€œI had the lower number, and I felt I could win in a 1:3 battle. It made sense to the player that they could win. I thought, ā€œSomething is going on there. But itā€™s not mathematics.ā€ Right around 3:1 to 4:1 area, the player felt like he or she should have the chance to win.ā€
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TeeGee on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

It's all good. Kangaroo meat is readily available here, in supermarkets, butchers and even in cans of pet food.
https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/search/products?searchTerm=kangaroo

As for good dice, Evil Semp borrowed mine and is refusing to return them.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby BrutalBob on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

Yeah you do. If you look at the pic i posted, the defend battles are right underneath.

They're shit too. 17 kills for 41 losses.

I get the point about people not complaining about good dice. And truth be told, I have just been through a period if relatively "even", "fair" and "deserved" :) dice.

Thats not what this thread is about though.

Its still bloody annoying.

And kangaroo is a lean healthy but carcinogenic meat
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Symmetry on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the dice here tend to like even numbers better than odd numbers.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:58 am

You still have Woolworths? They went tits up here. Now I want to go back down unda.

How much is a six pack of Cascade?

Hey koolbak, how'd you like to pay 30 bucks for 12 Coors light?

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/prod ... -beer-cans
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:15 am

As long as I get to shoot roos, I'd be down :lol:

That's like $21 us. Hope those are pint cans! Shorty of Coors here is $12.

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 am

I have mild dyslexia so that makes Coors light the same price in Oregon as Woolworths in Australia.

No guns and they are 355ml. You can throw rocks at the Roos but sit in a gum tree so they don't kick your head in.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby armati on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 am

BrutalBob

I agree, the dice are terrible, cc uses the same algo as w.a.w. that site is exactly the same, horrible dice algo.
No matter what the defenders of the dice say, they horrible.

I have heard that Hasbro has the correct dice algo, but its patented or copywriiten or whatever ya need legally to stop anyone else from using it, so, the algo they use here is as good as it gets.

I guess Parker Bro did it when personal pewters were just starting out(you've got mail)

Rather of had all them domain names, chev.com,nasa.com etc etc, I plain ol didnt think of it.

I havnt contacted Hasbro and asked myself, just what Ive heard from pewter game people etc.
Makes sense tho, they would want it for all their board games.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Let's be really clear about this- the dog is simply better than the battleship. The battleship gets worse rolls and doesn't even make sense. Why even take it if it can't win even contest rolls against the top hat and doesn't really have the ability to work along the game's streets in RL.

The dog has at least a realistic chance of playing a fair roll of the dice. A lot of this just seems unrealistic.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BrutalBob on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:45 pm

For the naysayers that say no one acknowledges the good dice they get, take a look at this-

I do acknowledge that the dice even out.

My main issue is that really unlikely stuff happens all the time, especially on autoroll. I see it happen for me and against me. I have always said this, but I agree it is more annoying when you lose out and therefore you are more likely to complain about it.

Incidentally in the same game a turn earlier I had a similarly bad result against me.

The problem on CC is that this stuff doesnt just happen infrequently. It happens all the time.

The odds of losing 3v2 five times in a row are 1 in 250. On CC the odds are more like 1 in 50.
People seem to think that just because its not theoretically impossible for something to happen that it is to be expected.... numerous times
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:49 am

We need a crying/whining forum. This thread is so distressing that I'm having difficulty finishing my delicious frosty tropical drink at the pool.

I'd rather avoid all this baby poo-poo.

Forum for posters who are dissatisfied with life as we know it.

Ok, back to my cocktail.....carry on peasants.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby HitRed on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:We need a crying/whining forum. This thread is so distressing that I'm having difficulty finishing my delicious frosty tropical drink at the pool.

Bernie, the pool is for paying guess only, GET BACK TO WORK!
Captain HitRed

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 pm

HitRed wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:We need a crying/whining forum. This thread is so distressing that I'm having difficulty finishing my delicious frosty tropical drink at the pool.

Bernie, the pool is for paying guess only, GET BACK TO WORK!

Actually I'm at my Country Club pool. I pay outrageous monthly fees to enjoy the amenities here.

Hearing the persistent crying over dice and the pathetic whining about our non-union and abused moderators are a bit distressing on my enjoyment at CC forums. Granted we have a couple of childish moderators, but that's what you get for not paying them a minimum wage of $15.00 US dollars.

Perhaps Duk can run an apprenticeship program to educate the moderators here. I would recommend a 12 month program with alcohol and drug testing with a complete psychiatric testing. I do forsee a high failure and drop out rate.

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:44 pm

We have a crying whining forum- this is it.

I suppose your the sort of guy that walks around the pub complaining about the alcoholics and drunk people.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:55 am

BrutalBob wrote:

We have a crying whining forum- this is it.

I suppose your the sort of guy that walks around the pub complaining about the alcoholics and drunk people.

I rest my case.

Postby BrutalBob on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:13 pm

And the mods are making minimum wage, its just that its per annum, not per hour
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Re: Are the Dice broken and/or rigged?

Postby PepeTheFrog on Fri May 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Is there a button or something to pay for good dice
Private PepeTheFrog

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion