Conquer Club

Tiebreaker calc in tourneys

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Tiebreaker calc in tourneys

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:17 pm

Just curious if anyone has the actual math formula used for the tiebreaker calc using in tourneys

usually I can make some sense of them, but I'm in this olympic tourney and at least for now two of us are tied for 1st with two wins each. We both won our games in 19 rounds combined, I won 2 games (8 rounds, 11 rounds), and he won two games (9 rounds, 10 rounds)...however the 'tiebreaker' score (when you hover over our win number) is .25xxx for him, and .16xxx for me. The only material difference right now is that I only have 1 open game, and he has 3, but I don't see how this should factor into the calc... but maybe it does?

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... t_id=11400
Colonel mookiemcgee

Re: Tiebreaker calc in tourneys

Postby IcePack on Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:54 pm

Ties in Score shall be broken by the following rules, applied in order:
Percentage of wins in the tournament as a whole
The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (since the last point reset, or the start of the tournament if no point reset has occurred). Note: winning in less rounds is better.
The order in which the player joined the tournament (first player to join wins)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 pm

Having more games active means better win%, which is why he's ahead. No idea of how the number you get by hovering above a player's score works.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:22 pm

ZaBeast wrote:Having more games active means better win%, which is why he's ahead. No idea of how the number you get by hovering above a player's score works.

what you wrote makes sense... at first it seemed like it didn't jive with the list of how tiebreaker is decided but I guess his % wins is higher since he has less finished games. 2/6 vs 2/4.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Mad777 on Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:25 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Having more games active means better win%, which is why he's ahead. No idea of how the number you get by hovering above a player's score works.

what you wrote makes sense... at first it seemed like it didn't jive with the list of how tiebreaker is decided but I guess his % wins is higher since he has less finished games. 2/6 vs 2/4.

Or simply because the automate put active player (meaning having still active game) on top in the event of tie breaker.
If he ends up not winning any of the remaining two game, he will stay ahead only if he joined the tournament before you.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Return to Conquer Club Discussion