Conquer Club

How does the CC Discipline system work?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How does the CC Discipline system work?

Postby Devante on Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:17 pm

Question...I'm trying to understand how the discipline system works here on CC. Ban, warning, etc.

So, let's say I was warned. Does that mean I get a second warning and third you're out. Or am I out by two? Or does it depend on who's tickle I last fancied?

And with Bans. Say i'm banned from games and kicked out. Does that mean I can just buy premium again and all is forgiven? If I bring enough new members on do I get carde blanche?

Trying to understand is all. Best to ask for forgiveness instead of permission that sound right?

Thanks for replies peeps. God bless the Queen
Major Devante

Re: How does the CC Discipline system work?

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:51 pm

Devante wrote:Question...I'm trying to understand how the discipline system works here on CC. Ban, warning, etc.

So, let's say I was warned. Does that mean I get a second warning and third you're out. Or am I out by two? Or does it depend on who's tickle I last fancied?

And with Bans. Say i'm banned from games and kicked out. Does that mean I can just buy premium again and all is forgiven? If I bring enough new members on do I get carde blanche?

Trying to understand is all. Best to ask for forgiveness instead of permission that sound right?

I don’t have a lot of time tonight so sorry this isn’t more thorough. But the only answer that really can be said here is “it depends”. I know that doesn’t help but, it does.

Generally we try to educate, might get a verbal / private warning. Then written, then discipline. That’s the goal anyway but depending on severity could vary.

Regarding strikes and whatever, it depends on what you do. There are minor infraction catagories and major catagories. Both generally start with a warning, but the scale(s) drastically go up faster with majors.

Usually it depends are you getting the same infraction, different infraction, etc.

But if you’re stacking a bunch of major warnings up in a short time, you might just get a time out if you don’t seem to be listening to mod appeals of chill out or whatever.

Lots of nuances but that’s the gist.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:53 pm

It's been awhile since I've been here, but before it was a tiered system.

Warning, followed by bans. Bans escalate. 24 hours, 72 hours, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

Forum and Game's are separate. You can ban be banned on the forums and still play games.

Bans for gaming stuff is a bit trickier. Multi's kicks you off the site, and you get 1 buyback. (This could be changed since I was here 2 years ago).

Other stuff, such as Secret Diplomacy, Abusive chat, etc, for the most part follows the above. Warning, followed by tier's. Granted, sometimes if it's excessive/egregious, they might jump straight to Perma. It's all fluid.

FP'd by stupid dumb dumb face IP. He's got it pretty down.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:00 pm

Lucky TFO got his post in before I banned him again

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MSpitts24 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:27 am

an amendment to prior notes: punishments can also be subject to mood swings (including hormone imbalances), constipated nature of mod's bowels, as well as them missing meals and/or rent payments. Just saying
Major MSpitts24

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:43 am

MSpitts24 wrote:an amendment to prior notes: punishments can also be subject to mood swings (including hormone imbalances), constipated nature of mod's bowels, as well as them missing meals and/or rent payments. Just saying

Well, when the mods don't get fed, they get feisty. Can't blame them.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:03 am

MSpitts24 wrote:an amendment to prior notes: punishments can also be subject to mood swings (including hormone imbalances), constipated nature of mod's bowels, as well as them missing meals and/or rent payments. Just saying

If I gotta go, you gotta go. Just saying.
Captain Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:20 am

Evil Semp wrote:

If I gotta go, you gotta go. Just saying.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D>
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:04 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:

Well, when the mods don't get fed, they get feisty. Can't blame them.

I think snickers used our moderators hunger for a whole ad campaign about being hangry

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:29 am

IcePack wrote:
Devante wrote:Question...I'm trying to understand how the discipline system works here on CC. Ban, warning, etc.

I don’t have a lot of time tonight so sorry this isn’t more thorough. But the only answer that really can be said here is “it depends”. I know that doesn’t help but, it does.

Generally we try to educate, might get a verbal / private warning. Then written, then discipline. That’s the goal anyway but depending on severity could vary.

Regarding strikes and whatever, it depends on what you do. There are minor infraction catagories and major catagories. Both generally start with a warning, but the scale(s) drastically go up faster with majors.

Usually it depends are you getting the same infraction, different infraction, etc.

But if you’re stacking a bunch of major warnings up in a short time, you might just get a time out if you don’t seem to be listening to mod appeals of chill out or whatever.

Lots of nuances but that’s the gist.

There was a time when it was all very bureaucratic and formal. 24 hour ban is always followed by 72 hour ban for similar offense, etc. Written rules for all of it. But now it's a lot more play it by ear. I've seen people get a dozen 24 hour bans and it never goes further. Depends if he's being a douchebag or if he at least makes a token effort at changing his ways.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Dukasaur wrote:There was a time when it was all very bureaucratic and formal. 24 hour ban is always followed by 72 hour ban for similar offense, etc. Written rules for all of it. But now it's a lot more play it by ear. I've seen people get a dozen 24 hour bans and it never goes further. Depends if he's being a douchebag or if he at least makes a token effort at changing his ways.

Pretty true sure, theres still the same formalized process. But leniency / education is more important for those who are actually trying to be a positive impact to the community. As the community gets smaller, its harder and harder to find positive impact people so we dont wanna be chasing people away for minor things.

We also heavily utilize notes for potential future reoccurrences, and warnings to limit how many actual bans we have to pass out.

Bottom line as the Community Guidelines says:

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you may be removed from it. It's that simple.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion