Conquer Club

My favorite kind of speed game player

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

My favorite kind of speed game player

Postby Ltrain on Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:35 pm

Is one that deadbeats for 2 rounds and takes that 3rd turn. The list is not super long, but longer that it should be. You know who you are. Stop doing that shit!!
Major Ltrain

Re: My favorite kind of speed game player

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:05 am

i will not stop
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby TeeGee on Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:52 am

Ltrain wrote:Is one that deadbeats for 2 rounds and takes that 3rd turn. The list is not super long, but longer that it should be. You know who you are. Stop doing that shit!!

Let me know who this is
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby i-andrei on Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:26 am

Ltrain wrote:Is one that deadbeats for 2 rounds and takes that 3rd turn. The list is not super long, but longer that it should be. You know who you are. Stop doing that shit!!

But you think it's intended?
I 've been in that situation when starting speed games while at work. Also missed a lot of the 3rd turns and got kicked out.
Captain i-andrei

Postby xroads on Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:19 am

I honestly think it is more players are not getting notified that the game has begun.

Sucks, which is why I dont play much speed games anymore, you have to watch the screen non stop or you will miss the start.
Major xroads

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:08 pm

i-andrei wrote:

But you think it's intended?
I 've been in that situation when starting speed games while at work. Also missed a lot of the 3rd turns and got kicked out.

Yeah.

Although my most common losses in speed come from starting a game when I think I have the day free and then suddenly getting called in to work.

Either that or the wife decides that some errand is absolutely life-threateningly urgent.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Ltrain on Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:42 pm

TeeGee wrote:

Let me know who this is

Speed game ppl know who they are. It's not a big deal, I was drunk and felt like complaining.
I always message people when they miss their first speed game turn. I always get my notifications (lately) when speed games start but some people still don't so I always give em a wall.

I'm talking about the post 10 round you could resign but you miss 2 turns and take a turn after crowd. It's a small but annoying crowd. And I enjoy my games with them most of the time so I won't call them out by name.

Man, this post is passive aggressive as hell.
Major Ltrain

Postby Barney Rubble on Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:10 pm

As many of you who have been here for any length of time know the speed game community has all but died It can take upwards of 3 plus hrs to fill a 6 player speed game now .This coupled with the sporadic notification deal
creates issues for sure.Oh for the glorious past where a speed game would fill in 5 minutes and it was not unusual to be juggling two or three at a time !!lol
BR
PS : Bedrock will still soldier on especially over the holidays for those that care to join !
Captain Barney Rubble

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:26 pm

Barney Rubble wrote:As many of you who have been here for any length of time know the speed game community has all but died It can take upwards of 3 plus hrs to fill a 6 player speed game now .This coupled with the sporadic notification deal
creates issues for sure.Oh for the glorious past where a speed game would fill in 5 minutes and it was not unusual to be juggling two or three at a time !!lol
BR
PS : Bedrock will still soldier on especially over the holidays for those that care to join !

I suppose Barney is referring to when he joined CC in 2010 and there were over 25,000 active users.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:49 pm

nothing gets passed you hey
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:27 am

*past
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur