Conquer Club

What is up with CC Score range???

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What is up with CC Score range???

Postby BoganGod on Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:46 pm

So I'm an old G on this site, and I don't get the disrespect. In 2009, a mere 14+yrs ago when CC had many more players and an active clan scene I peaked at 3666 and 13th on the leader board. Yet CC as a reward for me paying to play on a much diminished site, a ghost of what was. Displays my score range as "1240-2162"

Noble and powerful CC execs, please explain, apologise and make amends. Your silence on this after opening up 2 tickets is telling and disgusting. Be ashamed of yourselves, and may you all survive on a diet of bleach and industrial fertilizer until you fix your insulting error.

Much thanks, a deeply disappointed long-term purchaser of your less than stellar product.
Corporal BoganGod

Re: What is up with CC Score range???

Postby BoganGod on Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:40 pm

thought so, no one with a fancy colour to their name is game to comment. Cowards.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby KoolBak on Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:16 pm

When I ask questions nicely, I get answers right away.

Perhaps it's your crumudgeonly attitude.

Or you need two more years of experience. Like I have.

Or the fact that it's a dumb question.

:lol:

Pick one.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby pmchugh on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:35 am

Presumably they don't have the data from before they implemented the feature, so it's impossible for them to do this.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:44 am

pmchugh wrote:Presumably they don't have the data from before they implemented the feature, so it's impossible for them to do this.

Ya, this should be correct, go click on someone's profile who hasn't been online since they added the feature, they won't have any score range at all.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby SoN!c on Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:21 am

Many old players just post it in their occupation line or interests like this:

Occupation: Best rank [General] - Best score [3666] - Best ranking [#13]

or

Interests: Highest rank [General] - Highscore [3666] - Position [#13]
Major SoN!c

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:47 am

pmchugh wrote:Presumably they don't have the data from before they implemented the feature, so it's impossible for them to do this.

It cannot be something that simple, it MUST be a conspiracy to deny glory and honor to the bogangod. :D :lol:
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:16 am

SoN!c wrote:Many old players just post it in their occupation line or interests like this:

or

But that would be doing CC's job. :lol:
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:18 am

jusplay4fun wrote:

It cannot be something that simple, it MUST be a conspiracy to deny glory and honor to the bogangod. :D :lol:

Wouldn't be the first time the jealous numpties have tried to pull something like that. They don't have the spine to be atheists, nor the courage to worship divinity. Poor wretches
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:19 am

Caymanmew wrote:

Ya, this should be correct, go click on someone's profile who hasn't been online since they added the feature, they won't have any score range at all.

When was that faulty feature added?
Corporal BoganGod

Postby *Pixar* on Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:23 am

BoganGod wrote:
Caymanmew wrote:

When was that faulty feature added?

viewtopic.php?f=506&t=235392&p=5194037&hilit=score+range#p5194037

Looks like sometime in 2013.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:48 am

It adjusts over time.

You'll find that if you hit a high score, I don't know what the time frame is but it will slowly decrease over time if you don't keep moving it up. Mine was 2990 for a long time, then dropped down to like 2973 after awhile because I suck and now I recently bumped it up. But if i dont bump it again, in like a year or something itll start dropping.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby SoN!c on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:47 pm

BoganGod wrote:
SoN!c wrote:Many old players just post it in their occupation line or interests like this:

or

But that would be doing CC's job. :lol:

Whatever! Whoever! Your still BOGANGOD - dang i'll never forget my first Forbidden City against BOGANGOD and the magical words "'GallantPellham Pinch hitting for Bogan GOD" - and hearing all the variants of that magical line over and over like "BoganGod: GallantPellham pinch hitting for BoganGod"... at the time i was thinking i was playing some zealots who were unbeatable on that map :D

We love you BOGANGOD, whatever your score might be - always utmost respect to you!
Major SoN!c

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:14 pm

it lies

look at mine now

:lol: :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 8.10.44 AM.png
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:23 pm

You're NOT from Australia??
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:48 pm

You are not complaining that it does not show 1000 points in the score range. And I am sure you have been 1000 at least once. It does not show maximum and minimun is a range over a certain time.
I actually think the time it shows is too long. For instance I havent been below 3500 in more than a year still it shows 1761 in mine.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:54 pm

Theoretically, most of the data (if not all) is located in the Game Logs. The Map Rank third-party script can very accurately track scores through the entire lifetime of a player. It's not 100% precise because the script has not been updated in a whole, but it can get close.

This leads to the thought that the data to display the score over an entire player's history is possible, but may be too resource-intensive from the site database perspective to actually manage.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby pmchugh on Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:38 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Theoretically, most of the data (if not all) is located in the Game Logs. The Map Rank third-party script can very accurately track scores through the entire lifetime of a player. It's not 100% precise because the script has not been updated in a whole, but it can get close.

This leads to the thought that the data to display the score over an entire player's history is possible, but may be too resource-intensive from the site database perspective to actually manage.

Probably the least resource intensive way would to add a button to the UI that you can press once and only once that fetches your scores and people can only do it for themselves. Seems like an effort for not very much gain though, if we are getting CC development time.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:29 am

The least resource intensive way would be to calculate the score range once for everyone, then store only the range.
Every time someone win or lose a game, see if the new score is higher or lower than the score range, then update score range if required.
That way it would basically cost nothing in resource

But maybe this feature isn't intended at all to score your entire score range, but rather to score your score range on a fixed period of time.
Because it wouldn't tell you anything about a player if his score range is 500 - 4000, because he had once 500 points because he left CC and deadbeated lot of games, and once 4000 points because he won a battle royale with 52 players, but actually he fluctuate around the 1800-2200 score range.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby BoganGod on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:47 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:It adjusts over time.

You'll find that if you hit a high score, I don't know what the time frame is but it will slowly decrease over time if you don't keep moving it up. Mine was 2990 for a long time, then dropped down to like 2973 after awhile because I suck and now I recently bumped it up. But if i dont bump it again, in like a year or something itll start dropping.

Sadly my high score was in 2009 when I was co-leading a top 3 clan, and had a sensible except when drunk approach to game selection.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:53 am

Donelladan wrote:But maybe this feature isn't intended at all to score your entire score range, but rather to score your score range on a fixed period of time.
Because it wouldn't tell you anything about a player if his score range is 500 - 4000, because he had once 500 points because he left CC and deadbeated lot of games, and once 4000 points because he won a battle royale with 52 players, but actually he fluctuate around the 1800-2200 score range.

Most Likely This.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:26 am

To me the key question is:

What does or should the Score Range show?

1) Give someone a sense of the likely current playing strength of the person in question?

2) or simply show the range of scores over some random period. (And I am not sure we know what that time frame is for the rank posted in one's profile. I did see a date of 2013, as I recall, discussed.)

3) OR show the highest Rank EVER achieved?

For those who seem to need to brag about a Rank from long ago, I see many include that high rank in their profile. I think SoN!c mentioned that in this thread already.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby BoganGod on Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:07 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:To me the key question is:

What does or should the Score Range show?

1) Give someone a sense of the likely current playing strength of the person in question?

2) or simply show the range of scores over some random period. (And I am not sure we know what that time frame is for the rank posted in one's profile. I did see a date of 2013, as I recall, discussed.)

3) OR show the highest Rank EVER achieved?

For those who seem to need to brag about a Rank from long ago, I see many include that high rank in their profile. I think SoN!c mentioned that in this thread already.

I to play for fun. However I take exception to one map ponies suggesting that my lowly rank(due to limited time on CC, and not giving a monkey about game selection, playing for fun duh) means they are so, so, so, so very superior. Bitches have less than 4000 games and should respect their elders both in game and chronologically. #bankiddysimps #onetrickponiesarefelchers #kidsaredicks
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:50 pm

The score range has been updating the entire time since it was implemented. I noticed because I took extended breaks from CC over the years and my range was pretty narrow when I returned most recently. It had 2700-2900 or something like that. I always thought that it's supposed to reflect the range of your scores now, rather than your highest and lowest ever scores?
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:13 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:The score range has been updating the entire time since it was implemented. I noticed because I took extended breaks from CC over the years and my range was pretty narrow when I returned most recently. It had 2700-2900 or something like that. I always thought that it's supposed to reflect the range of your scores now, rather than your highest and lowest ever scores?

Yes and no. I dont think it was announced as such, and nobody really knows what the date range is they take into account.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion