Conquer Club

POINTS DUMPING

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What should happen to Players who knowingly join Games where a Player is Points Dumping?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:06 am

A: They are BANNED from CC.
No votes
B: They have their Ranking reduced by 30 Points per game.
100%

Total votes : 5

POINTS DUMPING

Postby Craig25 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:06 am

Some players, when they decide to leave CC, trash their own Ranking by setting up loads of speed games which they have no intention of playing. It is called 'POINTS DUMPING'.

What most people don't know, is that players who try to make a few easy ranking points by joining the games are being BANNED from CC.

I can understand why CC want to stop players from joining these games but to BAN A PLAYER entirely for what is a misdemeanor is a punishment that is not suitable for the Crime.

I suggest that for Players who KNOWINGLY join games where the opponent is POINTS DUMPING, they automatically have their Ranking reduced by 30 Points per game which will wipe out any benefit.

But to see what the wider CC community think........

Question: What should happen to Players who knowingly join Games where a Player is Points Dumping?

Major Craig25

Re: POINTS DUMPING

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:15 am

I don't think anyone is being banned for joining game from a player that is point dumping.
Are you sure of what you're saying here ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby SoN!c on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:43 am

Some players, when they decide to leave CC, trash their own Ranking by setting up loads of speed games which they have no intention of playing. It is called 'POINTS DUMPING'.

Strange folks out there!

But curious here, on The Ram his points dumping show there was this comment:

"yorkie pudding is usimg advantage of the ram point dumping by joining numerous games despite I warned him by wall message that the ram is point dumping."

So that would be doing it KNOWINGLY right?

But yorkie pudding is not banned right?
Major SoN!c

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:45 am

Craig25 wrote:Some players, when they decide to leave CC, trash their own Ranking by setting up loads of speed games which they have no intention of playing. It is called 'POINTS DUMPING'.

What most people don't know, is that players who try to make a few easy ranking points by joining the games are being BANNED from CC.

I can understand why CC want to stop players from joining these games but to BAN A PLAYER entirely for what is a misdemeanor is a punishment that is not suitable for the Crime.

I suggest that for Players who KNOWINGLY join games where the opponent is POINTS DUMPING, they automatically have their Ranking reduced by 30 Points per game which will wipe out any benefit.

But to see what the wider CC community think........

Question: What should happen to Players who knowingly join Games where a Player is Points Dumping?

Uuuh, not sure where you're getting that info from. From KA:
The ram has been given a website ban so he could give more time on himself. Players who took advantage of this had their numerous games with him deleted and have been warned.

Note that taking advantage is not just a single game (see numerous), but abusing the fact that he's dumping for some quick and easy points.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby fishydance on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:55 am

Craig25 wrote:What most people don't know, is that players who try to make a few easy ranking points by joining the games are being BANNED from CC.

No player was banned for joining the games in question. Only the person intentionally point dumping was banned.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:58 am

craig coming in hot with the highly intellectual posts
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:00 am

fishydance wrote:
Craig25 wrote:What most people don't know, is that players who try to make a few easy ranking points by joining the games are being BANNED from CC.

No player was banned for joining the games in question. Only the person intentionally point dumping was banned.

He has an active site ban for 72 hrs that should end 1/18 at 9pm. He was warned about using the ram game and point dumping but decided to ignore the warning.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby fishydance on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:29 am

Mad777 wrote:
fishydance wrote:

He has an active site ban for 72 hrs that should end 1/18 at 9pm. He was warned about using the ram game and point dumping but decided to ignore the warning.

Hey Mad thanks for the clarification. I knew he was warned, didn't know he'd ignored it and subsequently been given a short time out. For those who are not aware, it wasn't just a couple of games, he joined over 40 of rams point dumping games.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Craig25 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:41 am

99.9% Sure, see yorkie pudding in 'Cheating & Abuse Reports'.

It strikes me as a bit NUCLEAR to ban him from the site.

I am trying to invite him to games in the Super League and get the following message:

"Error: Invite Failure: yorkie pudding is banned"

Donelladan wrote:I don't think anyone is being banned for joining game from a player that is point dumping.
Are you sure of what you're saying here ?
Major Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:44 am

Cheers Mad, the post from CC was not clear.

Fair Enough if it's a short term ban.

Mad777 wrote:
fishydance wrote:

Major Craig25

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:19 am

Craig25 wrote:Cheers Mad, the post from CC was not clear.

Fair Enough if it's a short term ban.

Mad777 wrote:
fishydance wrote:

Often times in a rapidly developing situation mods may opt to issue 24-72 hr bans to hit “pause” on a situation and evaluate what’s going on especially if said user ignores warnings. That makes it deliberate vs accidental.

Ultimately only admin can outright ban someone, only thing mods can do is short term “bans” and escalate to be reviewed further.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:30 pm

fishydance wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
fishydance wrote:

Hey Mad thanks for the clarification. I knew he was warned, didn't know he'd ignored it and subsequently been given a short time out. For those who are not aware, it wasn't just a couple of games, he joined over 40 of rams point dumping games.

My post was about answering Craig question and a X member banned for joining the ram games.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby GaryDenton on Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:52 pm

So I learned a new foolish behavior, "Points Dumping," and how people take advantage of it and get time-outs.
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:44 pm

Not to be confused with "Plum Dumplings" which my grandmother loved to make.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Hooch on Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:45 am

This poll, that lead post or Craig25, which is the most vapid?
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:20 am

Dukasaur wrote:Not to be confused with "Plum Dumplings" which my grandmother loved to make.

-----------Now I am thinking of ,"The Apple Dumpling Gang", you can see The Ram looking out the stagecoach window.....yelling..."I Gotta Go :!: ",...The stagecoach stops....The Ram runs behind the bushes.... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Return to Conquer Club Discussion