Conquer Club

Why?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Why?

Postby IcePack on Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Why make a change no one asked for instead of the ones that are backed by the community though? It's a lot less readable with that interface imo
That feels like another pet project update that will end up in a flop like conquer world

I'm going to guess, as I've heard in the past, its his working project to learn web dev. I've offered my assistance Pro-bono to help him learn development strategies as well as coding, but never gotten a response. It does make me a little sad the effort going into something that looks like a pretty heavy change, when so many small changes could potentially be made to improve things. Even if just from an un-exciting, business standpoint.

I'm guessing by the time some change is implemented in the interface (one I hope isn't forced to be used) the site will be mostly unsustainable. But I think I'm just beating the dead horse with that observation.

So I believe the answer here is (short version) there are legacy users who want the old style, and then new users who hate the old style.

Right or wrong or implimented poorly / opinions aside, I believe the unity interface was intended to be targeted towards new users. Not existing ones. So it wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone (and was never intended to be) that a legacy user would hate it. It’s not meant for them.

Erase all your existing knowledge of CC and pretend you’re visiting the site for the first time. That’s the goal user, I believe. (Again not saying it’s done well, just trying to explain a little)

That was a lot of the developer time in 2021 I think? Released in 2022. So not really relevant to what BW is spending his time on now.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:13 pm

IcePack wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Why make a change no one asked for instead of the ones that are backed by the community though? It's a lot less readable with that interface imo
That feels like another pet project update that will end up in a flop like conquer world

I'm going to guess, as I've heard in the past, its his working project to learn web dev. I've offered my assistance Pro-bono to help him learn development strategies as well as coding, but never gotten a response. It does make me a little sad the effort going into something that looks like a pretty heavy change, when so many small changes could potentially be made to improve things. Even if just from an un-exciting, business standpoint.

I'm guessing by the time some change is implemented in the interface (one I hope isn't forced to be used) the site will be mostly unsustainable. But I think I'm just beating the dead horse with that observation.

So I believe the answer here is (short version) there are legacy users who want the old style, and then new users who hate the old style.

Right or wrong or implimented poorly / opinions aside, I believe the unity interface was intended to be targeted towards new users. Not existing ones. So it wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone (and was never intended to be) that a legacy user would hate it. It’s not meant for them.

Erase all your existing knowledge of CC and pretend you’re visiting the site for the first time. That’s the goal user, I believe. (Again not saying it’s done well, just trying to explain a little)

That was a lot of the developer time in 2021 I think? Released in 2022. So not really relevant to what BW is spending his time on now.

If that were the case, after a decade of ownership and "screwing around" you'd think maybe he picked up on it? Maybe at one point or another he did learn and went on to do something else and is just using this platform as a way to line his own pockets while he pursues whatever career he is in. Gotta remember too...https://www.zoominfo.com/c/conquer-club/345600495
A Limited liability company (LLC) is a business structure that offers limited liability protection and pass-through taxation. As with corporations, the LLC legally exists as a separate entity from its owners. Therefore, owners cannot typically be held personally responsible for the business debts and liabilities.
I really doubt the revenue is 5 mil, but he was definitely doing blow out of someone's brown star if you catch my drift.

Personally, think the dude doesn't care. He's made a whopping two posts, one this year and another 4 years ago and then actual regular activity in 2016. Not sure of his activity in hidden forums but like I said, really don't think he has anymore vested interest in the site. It'd be great to hear to see if he has any idea what the site will become in the for seeable future. Whether his plans is to just let it run it's course, or eventually just sell it when the domain price becomes a hassle.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby SoN!c on Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:38 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:

If that were the case, after a decade of ownership and "screwing around" you'd think maybe he picked up on it? Maybe at one point or another he did learn and went on to do something else and is just using this platform as a way to line his own pockets while he pursues whatever career he is in. Gotta remember too...https://www.zoominfo.com/c/conquer-club/345600495
A Limited liability company (LLC) is a business structure that offers limited liability protection and pass-through taxation. As with corporations, the LLC legally exists as a separate entity from its owners. Therefore, owners cannot typically be held personally responsible for the business debts and liabilities.
I really doubt the revenue is 5 mil, but he was definitely doing blow out of someone's brown star if you catch my drift.

Personally, think the dude doesn't care. He's made a whopping two posts, one this year and another 4 years ago and then actual regular activity in 2016. Not sure of his activity in hidden forums but like I said, really don't think he has anymore vested interest in the site. It'd be great to hear to see if he has any idea what the site will become in the for seeable future. Whether his plans is to just let it run it's course, or eventually just sell it when the domain price becomes a hassle.

Im sure Mr. JUN SHUK WA, AKA BIGWHAM, has other things on his mind like his betting site ufabet168. But the good news is he won't abandon CC because the 50$ domain price won't become a hassle
Major SoN!c

Postby nemapredaje on Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:33 pm

Here is one thing what,in my oppinion, need to be changed.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=239899
I hope many people will attend and say what they think about this type of Tournament settings.
I also think CC need big remont,little by little,step by step and big change will come.
Admins isnt guilty anything.
This site just need People who have ideea what is better.
And if enought People will agree with changes.
I know admins will not have any problem to make it!

Ps. If you (guy who think how something can be better) just send one message in "Conversation rooms" like this one nothing will be changed.
Change will come like allwaise,with critical mass.
How to bring critical mass to be interested to come and say they opinion?
Invite them to your "conversation room".
Or we can ask admins to open special thread just for make CC better.
OFC this thread must be allwaise on the top.
Major nemapredaje

Postby nemapredaje on Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:51 am

Yep...nobady
And evrything will be like before.
Then dont start crying how something must be changed if you only have idea to put one post(this is for everybody message)
Major nemapredaje

Postby nemapredaje on Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:56 am

SoN!c wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:

Im sure Mr. JUN SHUK WA, AKA BIGWHAM, has other things on his mind like his betting site ufabet168. But the good news is he won't abandon CC because the 50$ domain price won't become a hassle

I send bigwham message where I had problem with one lazy admin.And next day Admin start resolving mine problem,but bigwham didnt answer me anything
Major nemapredaje

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion