Conquer Club

Rank Droppings

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Rank Droppings

Postby GrudgeBringer_ on Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:41 pm

I have a question about a rank drop that happened to me. Maybe I don't understand all the ins & outs of how it exactly works. I had been a Gold LT. I won a couple of big games with some serious ranks in it and jumped clear to a Gold Major (which I also thought was a big jump). I got in a few games, and it seems most of these are running long (over 100 turns in a couple or 3 of them). I did lose a couple of games in the interim to be fair. However, I looked at the points it takes to MAKE the rank. And then the difference between points for a Gold LT. & a Gold major and then what it would take to drop to a gold Captain, skipping the Silver Captain and it doesn't add up. Could you just take a look and see if a mistake was made..If not, I can live with it no problem. Thanks, you guys are usually right on top of these things!!
Major GrudgeBringer_

Re: Rank Droppings

Postby xroads on Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:52 pm

Not sure your confusion.

You just lost 50 points in two games, so that knocked you under 2000 points and dropped your rank.

Nice thing when you win a 6 player game, you win a ton of points at once.

Remember triples are an average, you dont get points from all 3 opponents
Major xroads

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:18 pm

Silver ranks are freemium players. Premium players have gold ranks. Captains are 1800-2000 points regardless and the color just indicates whether or not you're premium. Major is 2000-2500.

You evidently gained >200 points in a short period to jump from <1800 (LT) to >2000 (Major), and then lost enough to drop you down below 2000, but you were premium the whole time, so your rank was always gold.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Kotaro on Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:45 pm

There is no difference between a Gold and a Silver rank, except that Gold pays for Premium Membership and Silver does not. If you continue to pay, you will never be a Silver rank; if you stop paying, you will only be a Silver rank.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:28 am

I think that you're maybe forgetting the points differences. If you lose to a low rank, you lose a lot of points.

As a brig, I need to win many games to get 100 points, if players who join are lower ranked. But could lose 100 points in 2 games to those same players if i get bad dice, or just dont play my best. It's just a game. :)

CC is a mix of skill and luck, so have to be prepared to lose more, the higher you go.
Attachments
elf 2.jpg
2023 christmas Elf No.2
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:42 pm

GrudgeBringer_ wrote: Could you just take a look and see if a mistake was made..

At the end of the game the log says how many points you won or lost. That would be the best way to the point drop.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby niMic on Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:35 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:CC is a mix of skill and luck

True. Whenever I win it's skill, whenever I lose it's luck.
Highest score: 3747
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Return to Conquer Club Discussion