Conquer Club

Corruption on Conquer Club

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Corruption on Conquer Club

Postby Donutluvva on Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:48 am

Ok so i've been playing this game for over 40 years in one form or another. On this particular site there are so much corruption. The 'random' dice that are claimed are totally corrupt. The powers that be are corrupt as i have had many messages backwards and forwards. They also encourage trash talk and will not do anything about it. On top of this the dice rolls are completely weighted in favour of higher ranked players. Favourable placements are the same. Going first in a game is an absolute joke! I am currently playing against one person and have played them 8 times on the same board and same settings. They have gone first 7 times in a row!!!! this is supposed to be random. 7 out of 8 times is not random. I have been a member but i have cancelled my membership as i did not want to pay for something that is corrupt.
There are numerous occasions and numerous players that i could quote with facts of the same ilk.

I'd be really interested in any comments.
Sergeant 1st Class Donutluvva

Re: Corruption on Conquer Club

Postby TeeGee on Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:43 am

Do you really think that whammy wouldn't want your money? he wants all our money, Dollars, pounds, Euros, Pesos.. he wants is all

Complaining about the randomness of everything? No joke, this site uses random.org for everything.
rolls, drops, starting order, etc.. if it is random, it is done by random.org

So I am guessing you opinion is that random.org is not random :/

Maybe higher ranked players have higher ranks due to better strategies, everyone says the dice suck, mods included

but which powers on CC are corrupt?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Donutluvva on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:07 am

The powers that i've messaged over and over about abuse, cheating, corruption is rife. So you are saying 7 out of 8 times is random?

Get a coin out of your pocket and toss it 8 times.... then come back and tell me when you get 7 straight heads or 7 straight tails, until then i'm not interested.

It is not random at all

Postby plurple on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:17 am

I see lots of people complain about the dice and that they are rigged etc. and I have been guilty of this as well it sucks when you lose that 20vs5 or whatever it is.

But that is the nature of randomness anything can and will happen you can mitigate this a bit by keeping all of your territories to a minimum of 2 troops as then you get 2 dice to defend with not 1.

would the site benefit from implementing a separate option of balanced dice maybe as it would limit the random element maybe, I'm not sure how I would feel if given the option as the random dice are part of the game.

here is a youtube video that helps to explain how randomness works that might help :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-Ipsat90c
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby plurple on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:18 am

Donutluvva wrote:The powers that i've messaged over and over about abuse, cheating, corruption is rife. So you are saying 7 out of 8 times is random?

Get a coin out of your pocket and toss it 8 times.... then come back and tell me when you get 7 straight heads or 7 straight tails, until then i'm not interested.

It is not random at all

the odds of 7 heads or 7 tails in a row is 1.56% so not that unlikely
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Donutluvva on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:30 am

Thank you for that. I have had many more occasions worse than 7 straight too. One guy i play on Antarctic he cannot believe how many times he goes first.... it is absolutely unbelievable and we discuss it every game. I promise you it must be as high as 10to 1 he goes first. We have been playing like that for over 2 years and probably over 100 games. I'm not making it up. I really believe there is some kind of logarithm or programming that makes this happen. As i say i've been playing this game 'risk' for over 40 years in every conceivable format so i pretty much know the game inside out. I'm not saying i'm the best player at all but on a level playing field against anyone i hold my own for sure.

Postby plurple on Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:31 am

Donutluvva wrote:Thank you for that. I have had many more occasions worse than 7 straight too. One guy i play on Antarctic he cannot believe how many times he goes first.... it is absolutely unbelievable and we discuss it every game. I promise you it must be as high as 10to 1 he goes first. We have been playing like that for over 2 years and probably over 100 games. I'm not making it up. I really believe there is some kind of logarithm or programming that makes this happen. As i say i've been playing this game 'risk' for over 40 years in every conceivable format so i pretty much know the game inside out. I'm not saying i'm the best player at all but on a level playing field against anyone i hold my own for sure.

Hey so I was curious and if you were talking about with ett then yes they have been a little lucky in there starting first by going first in 36/65 games or in about 55.3% of the time but that is not that unlikely again all of these things even out over time and they will be going second more in their other 2 players games. Yes it can suck and it can feel pretty bad when it is happening but that is the nature of random.

A tournament has just started where there are 9 games and I am unfortunately going 2nd in 6 of the 9 games which is less than the average but again not all that unlikely. I don't like it but is part of the game and have to learn to deal with the ups and downs of randomness :D
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby joecoolfrog on Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:49 am

Advice from an aged amphibian ;
Buy a dictionary and educate yourself on the definition of random .
Then please give a logical explanation as to how ' higher ranks 'achieve their status , after all , according to you they must succeed despite facing corrupt dice and starting positions !
It's almost as if a degree of skill might be involved somewhere.
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:03 am

Thanks Joe I’ll take my good dice bribe now

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby denominator on Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:58 am

There is also significant bias in the way we all use the random dice, which makes it feel worse than it is.

There is a low percentage of losing 20v5, but it happens. We see complaints about this all the time when it fails, because everybody here will roll 20v5 and expect to win. Conversely, there is a low percentage of winning 5v20, but most of us won't bother to roll 5v20 because we know it's a low percentage play. Anecdotally, I know I've won a handful of lucky low percentage rolls over the years, but they never matter because I'll only try them when the game is already all but lost.

This is another case of confirmation bias - remembering the losses and forgetting the wins, then exaggerating because the world is obviously out to get you.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby detlef on Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:34 am

I love the notion of "not random enough". Dude, if you do something to make things happen in a more expected distribution, you're not actually adhering to randomness.
Colonel detlef

Postby SoN!c on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:08 am

TeeGee wrote:Do you really think that whammy wouldn't want your money? he wants all our money, Dollars, pounds, Euros, Pesos.. he wants is all

Complaining about the randomness of everything? No joke, this site uses random.org for everything.

Maybe higher ranked players have higher ranks due to better strategies, everyone says the dice suck, mods included

Random.org is not 100% random as it's static noise with number cancelling software in the end...but unless you wants live monkeys rolling the real dice behind the scene it's the best software dice generator that gets random results.
Major SoN!c

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:36 pm

I see people complain about dice all the time. There is a RISK app (very basic and shitty game compared to CC) and people who play it complain about the dice all the time, and not to mention the cheating. Because the game is made with Unity, and has poor security, it's hackable. People create more armies for themselves and a host of other nonsense.

What happens with CC dice is mainly an inconvenience. People aren't cheating here. At least, not in that way. If they're caught with more than one account, they get banned. The dice are just a bit on the streaky side. I could roll some godlike dice today, and then not be able to win a single roll tomorrow.

One has to remember that CC is 50% luck and 50% strategy. You could be the best RISK player in the world and still lose to one of our really dumb bots here on CC due to dice. However, if you're a good enough player, it will even out and you'll rank up since we all get the same amount of BS dice.

And, no matter how good your at-home board game RISK skills are, you're playing a slightly different game here. CC has different settings and features that add a little more complexity, so there's a learning curve. It takes time to get really good across a variety of maps and settings.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby xroads on Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:00 pm

Corruption? No I don't think so.

But I agree that there are things that are broken.

One of the big last tournaments, out of 20 games I went first in 4 of them, seems like it happens to me more than others.
Major xroads

Postby rockfist on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:32 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:And, no matter how good your at-home board game RISK skills are, you're playing a slightly different game here. CC has different settings and features that add a little more complexity, so there's a learning curve. It takes time to get really good across a variety of maps and settings.

That and:

The average opponents on almost anyone’s home game are not going to be anywhere near the skill of the best players here. I’m not the very best. I am good and I still learn stuff from other players here. I believe I would far outclass the average home game player.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby squamps on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:53 pm

A "random" browse thru a few of your games ... provided almost a 100% likelihood you were abusive in chat and a sore loser. What does that tell you about randomness?
4-5-6

I gotta be nice to the dice so I'm talking to em... I step back, gave a tap on the sidewalk and threw em
Sergeant squamps

Location: I rolled on every cee-lo corner that I know inside the city

Postby Donutluvva on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:27 am

I will call out someone who is cheating absolutely. If that's what you mean. There are many many accounts on this site that are set up to 'cheat'.

Postby Donutluvva on Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:04 am

Hey so I was curious and if you were talking about with ett then yes they have been a little lucky in there starting first by going first in 36/65 games or in about 55.3% of the time but that is not that unlikely again all of these things even out over time and they will be going second more in their other 2 players games. Yes it can suck and it can feel pretty bad when it is happening but that is the nature of random.

So i was curious when you said the above!!!!!

I've just looked back our mine and ett's games on Antartica, We've played 68 games on Antartica. Out of the last 45 games he has gone first in 30 and me first in 15. Overall he has gone first in 42 and i've gone first in 26. 43 and 26 now as we've just finished another he's gone first in. So i dont know where you've got you're stats from.

Out of the last 14 games ett has gone first 13 times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me that is 'random' and i'll cart you away with the men in white coats!!!! (i've actually won 6 of those games going second so i know i'm a decent player)

Postby josko.ri on Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:03 am

TeeGee wrote:So I am guessing you opinion is that random.org is not random :/

The best read for my morning coffee :lol:

Donutluvva think about randomness in terms of Brownian motion.
random.org is nothing less than Brownian motion in a nutshell.
If Brownian motion is not random, neither random.org is.
Whether Brownian motion is random or not (and why not) is the 21th century question for scientists.
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:13 am

SoN!c wrote:
TeeGee wrote:Do you really think that whammy wouldn't want your money? he wants all our money, Dollars, pounds, Euros, Pesos.. he wants is all

Random.org is not 100% random as it's static noise with number cancelling software in the end...but unless you wants live monkeys rolling the real dice behind the scene it's the best software dice generator that gets random results.

This is good comment.

In fact, randomness has a limitation which equals to Avogadro Number of 6.022 * 10^23. If CC in its entire history rolled more dice than Avogadro number then I might agree that the randomness is lost. In mathematical language, after reaching Avogadro Number, randomness becomes randomness squared, which means that previous fail of 7v1 which happened sometimes before can now turn into fail of 49v1. However, bigWham is not at fault here, it is his success that CC has been active for so long time that total cumulative number of dice overpassed Avogadro Number. Hats down to bigWham for such success!

Avogadro Number is upper limit for almost everything in nature, including randomness. When this limit is overpassed then new a era of (randomness)squared occurs.
Major josko.ri

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:23 am

Avogadro toast is pretty popular, I prefer tomato or egg on toast myself.

josko.ri wrote:
TeeGee wrote:So I am guessing you opinion is that random.org is not random :/

The best read for my morning coffee :lol:

Donutluvva think about randomness in terms of Brownian motion.
random.org is nothing less than Brownian motion in a nutshell.
If Brownian motion is not random, neither random.org is.
Whether Brownian motion is random or not (and why not) is the 21th century question for scientists.

My Brownian motions used to be less random. I went almost every day. Often at nearly the same time. Now as I get older they are much more random. Some times there's a couple of days, without a Brownian motion. Sometimes two in one day.

Donutluvva wrote:I will call out someone who is cheating absolutely. If that's what you mean. There are many many accounts on this site that are set up to 'cheat'.

Is it too late to set up an account for that after it's been used for years? Do you need premium? Can you use stars? If so how many orange stars would it cost?

Is Razorvich one of the cheat accounts? He's a bit suspicious. Always hanging around downtown with Gary.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:35 am

Donutluvva wrote:Hey so I was curious and if you were talking about with ett then yes they have been a little lucky in there starting first by going first in 36/65 games or in about 55.3% of the time but that is not that unlikely again all of these things even out over time and they will be going second more in their other 2 players games. Yes it can suck and it can feel pretty bad when it is happening but that is the nature of random.

So i was curious when you said the above!!!!!

I've just looked back our mine and ett's games on Antartica, We've played 68 games on Antartica. Out of the last 45 games he has gone first in 30 and me first in 15. Overall he has gone first in 42 and i've gone first in 26. 43 and 26 now as we've just finished another he's gone first in. So i dont know where you've got you're stats from.

Out of the last 14 games ett has gone first 13 times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me that is 'random' and i'll cart you away with the men in white coats!!!! (i've actually won 6 of those games going second so i know i'm a decent player)

-----If you didn't have Bad Luck...You wouldn't have any luck at all...Thank You Kindly B.B. ;) ...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby detlef on Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:22 am

rockfist wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:And, no matter how good your at-home board game RISK skills are, you're playing a slightly different game here. CC has different settings and features that add a little more complexity, so there's a learning curve. It takes time to get really good across a variety of maps and settings.

That and:

The average opponents on almost anyone’s home game are not going to be anywhere near the skill of the best players here. I’m not the very best. I am good and I still learn stuff from other players here. I believe I would far outclass the average home game player.
This. In fact, you can look at winning game theory for multi-opponent escalating games. In order to succeed, you ignore one of the core elements of the board game, that being bonus regions.

I would say, that prior to playing here, virtually every game of Risk I played focused on bonuses and the sets cashed were just an aside. Which, obviously, is idiotic because cashed sets greatly outpace bonuses pretty quickly. You play about 2 games here against anyone even decent and you realize that.
Colonel detlef

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:20 pm

Donutluvva wrote:The powers that i've messaged over and over about abuse, cheating, corruption is rife. So you are saying 7 out of 8 times is random?

It is not random at all

The OP complaining to the admins about abuse is a joke given that his abuse is one of the reasons one of my kids quit playing on this site.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:03 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:

It is not random at all

The OP complaining to the admins about abuse is a joke given that his abuse is one of the reasons one of my kids quit playing on this site.

Don't know this guy at all, and don't believe I've come across him in games. But, that's rich. That's exactly why I think people who are excessively abusive in game chat should get punished.

It's okay to get mad once in a while. I can forgive someone who is having a particularly bad day. You never know what's going on in someone's life. But, when they're consistent in their abuse, it should be considered for a game chat suspension at the very least.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion