Conquer Club

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Postby Havatcha on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm in Bradford UK, Why does your site say I'm in India sometimes and sometimes the UK??

Really annoying
Cadet Havatcha

Re: Location

Postby Havatcha on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:10 pm

Mostly I'm in India, very rarely do I appear (correctly) in the UK. Why?
Cadet Havatcha

Postby Havatcha on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:11 pm

Is it just me or does this happen to other poor lost souls in the ether?
Cadet Havatcha

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:42 pm

It's not the website doing this. Your ISP has likely purchased IP addresses that were originally allocated to India. It'll settle down itself. But that's the most likely explanation. You're only noticing it because CC uses the IP address to pick your flag.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SoN!c on Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:27 am

Havatcha wrote:I'm in Bradford UK, Why does your site say I'm in India sometimes and sometimes the UK??

Really annoying

Probably your using wifi time from time (rental appartment or whatever, or when your at a bar and uses the wifi from that place) and that wifi has a VPN set to India. When you don't have wifi connect, log out from CC, log in again. It will post a British flag. But when you log in via the wifi that has the VPN set to India it will show a Indian flag. The flag is just the geolocation of the country your IP adress is.

It is used for example to watch footbal games.

Otherwise you get "This video is unavailable in your country", a typical error for geo-restricted videos online.

Football subscriptions to watch cost like 15 to 20 euro a month but not in India.. So making the subscription think your in India you can get India rates on the subscription. Ofcourse it does not have to be football related but it is a very common practice in the UK.

The VPN conceals your local IP address, provided by your internet service provider (ISP), when surfing the internet and you can select any country / geolocation. So somebody chose India.

It works the other way around aswell. If you're not in your home country during the Premier League 23/24 season and are unable to live stream a game from wherever you are on holiday, you can still tune in via a virtual private network, or VPN and select your home country. A VPN makes it then appear that you're surfing the web from your home location — meaning that you can access the streaming services you already pay for. This is a totally legal and easy way to do as you are not "dodging" the subscription fee here. But in reality its mostly used for the other way.
Major SoN!c

Return to Conquer Club Discussion