Conquer Club

Abusive Language...Stop it now?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Abusive Language...Stop it now?

Postby aceofcups on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:34 am

For some reason some people on this site seem to think it is fine to be abusive to other players When i joined C.C. it was not made clear that i would, or even could, be subjected to abuse. On other "Risk" sites it is made clear that abuse or foul language is not allowed.I don't allow people to use such langauage in my direction in any walk of my life and can see no reason why i should be expected to find it acceptable here. It seems clear that in this regard C.C. is very much impoverished especially when compared to other sites and it is my firm opinion that it must be stoped and stoped now!.....Comments please.....Cheers! aceofcups
Corporal 1st Class aceofcups

Postby SprCobra on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:00 am

CC is now infested with idiots so if they start being themselves just ingnore them or fight back its not that hard people like that are not exactly good with words
But without those idiots it would be boring wouldnt it?
But whatever you do dont start typing in all caps and swearing between every word "Dont let an idiot bring you down to his level he will beat you by experince"

The best way to stop them is let them be idiots and dont swear alot or type in all caps and dont lose your temper then let them discover they have been outmatured by teenagers(that depends on what age you are though)

btw nice avatar
Shibousuru Anata Baka Yaro Kitai Anata Kurou Anata Bakano Okama
Ookiosewada Ama
Also hendy should learn some BBCode
Cadet SprCobra

Postby aceofcups on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:11 am

I take you point :D ..Also notice you used the word "infested" which carries some weight in my book. If enough people respond to this notice i will attempt to have something done about it....Thank you..

Postby mightyal on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:55 am

Just don't go to the flames forum if you don't like it there. Problem solved.

Just out of interest where are the threads where have foul or abusive language have been directed at you? I've looked through your posts and must have missed it.

Lots of people seem to enjoy the freedom to vent offered by the flames forum. The rest of this site is moderated quite strigently with regard to foul language etc, and the flames forum certainly isn't an anything goes environment.
I don't see why you want us to lost this forum because you don't like its existence.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
Captain mightyal

Location: Banging the hag whilst Owl is busy banging hendy's mum

Postby aceofcups on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:17 am

Thank you Mighty for your depth of interest :D I must admit i have never visited the Flame Wars Forum though from the amount of venom that flies around in CC it does seem like a good idea/place. Actually i was refering to game play..check out feedback for dugcarr1 for example...that will let you see the kind of thing i am on about...I hope you will do just that and then come back with your comments ....Cheers!

Postby SprCobra on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:18 am

All his posts(except 2 or 3)are in General discussion so i assume he got abuse directed at him in an area that there are not supposed to be flames

Delete flame wars?
That place is too fun to be deleted and if it was where would we flame?(Wicked just kicks us out of recruitment threads and moves them if it has too many flames)

EDIT:Dugcarr1 has been famous scince the dawn of CC for that hes quite funny sometimes
There comes a time where those people are complained about in abuse reports and then have thier a$$ handed to them in flame wars
Shibousuru Anata Baka Yaro Kitai Anata Kurou Anata Bakano Okama
Ookiosewada Ama
Also hendy should learn some BBCode
Cadet SprCobra

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:46 am

Wow, you seem pretty sensitive. Consider the source and don't worry about it. I thought in Scotland you'd be exposed that kind of thing, guess I should go check the place out.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mightyal on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:47 am

Gotcha. That never occurred to me. I am a n00b here and haven't had abuse directed at me in game. As risk is aimed at 10+ year olds, foul language and abuse aren't appropriate in game IMO. There is a cheating and abuse forum here, you could report it there. The game logs contain in game chat, so this can be acted on if the mods/admin deem it appropriate to do so.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
Captain mightyal

Postby Ronaldinho on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:50 am

If you dont want bad language dont enter the 'flame wars' coz apart from that theres not much bad language just a little bit but just dont take notice
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:51 am

I don't think it's deficient intellect perse' but some people can't help but use the words they're acustomed to using.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:53 am

Ronaldinho wrote:If you dont want bad language dont enter the 'flame wars' coz apart from that theres not much bad language just a little bit but just dont take notice
You didn't read what he wrote did you?

You should warn him not to play so he doesn't have to see the game chat he is talking about.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Ronaldinho on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:54 am

No i guessed what he wrote lmao im lazy the post was to long
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:55 am

Carry on.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Ronaldinho on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:57 am

Lmao, i intend to :wink:
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby aceofcups on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:06 am

Cheers and thanks for the comments..2dimes i tend not to mix with people who use bad language..even in Scotland not everybody uses it! :D Thank you Mighty and yes that is a good idea..however i have now discovered the Xi club and intend to stick to playing within that groups so this is no longer an issue for me..thank you guys for your input...Live long and prosper!

Postby mightyal on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:12 am

Also, you can put dugcarr (or whoever) on your ignore lst and he can't enter games you are in. Means you only need to encounter him once at least.
- Galileo Galilei
Captain mightyal

Postby Ronaldinho on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:34 am

Shhhh
Sergeant Ronaldinho

dd

Postby dugcarr1 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:50 pm

may i sugest u never leave your PG rated bible thumping house.

or go enjoy soem tea at the old folks home
Captain dugcarr1

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:20 pm

It looks like your comments are working. Duggie didn't use one swear word or call you any names.

I had one encounter with Cuggie. When you give it back to him in a civil way he seems to back down.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shultz on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:00 am

let people be who they are and just play your game.. simple
Corporal 1st Class shultz

Postby Grimson on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:31 am

If you are offended by words on a monitor then I highly suggest you back away from the internet.
Cadet Grimson

Postby Freetymes on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:13 pm

mightyal wrote:Also, you can put dugcarr (or whoever) on your ignore lst and he can't enter games you are in. Means you only need to encounter him once at least.

What he said... ^

And remember...

Sticks and stones may.....

Buck up and quit considering yourself a victim every time something does not suit you. Freedom means that idiots get to be what they are too.
TheProwler wrote:I concede.
Just this once.
Lieutenant Freetymes

Return to Conquer Club Discussion