Conquer Club

The history of the f'n game.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

The history of the f'n game.

Postby ZawBanjito on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:38 pm

4 months today!

4 months 4 months you bastard game DEATH TO THE GAME die game die.

Let's see... Andrew took Africa early, hairingtons got S. America... KrV123 took Australia. Pedronicus made a decent attempt for Europe and/or N. America, but that didn't work out and he was left vaporously clinging to the Northerly regions. General and I were stuck north in Asia. I eliminated General and began a slooow buildup. Andrew started to take over Europe... hairingtons couldn't take N. America because Pedro and I were sitting there, so he appealed to KrV who bravely sortied forth and knocked Andrew down. I bravely took advantage of this to wipe him out and seize Australia. If I'd gotten better cards I'd have punched Andrew hard right then and this would have been over but all I got was a red and a green cash in, and I was left stuck in the Australian doldrums. Andrew took Europe, but hairingtons made the final push, took Pedro and N. America, and Europe has been lost to Andrew since a few turns after that. He and hairingtons have battled over S. America for like 40 rounds now, and I periodically try to take Asia... I haven't managed to hold it for even one round yet. That's it. That's the damn game. At the beginning of round 109 we each had about 140-160 armies, then an orgy of destruction left us with 30-40... and practically no change in the relative positions.

When this game started, I was only just a major, I seem to recall... hairingtons was a sergeant, I think... General Mayhem was a Lieutenant... since then General, Pedronicus, AndrewO and myself have all gained and lost Colonel at least once. hairingtons bravely continues the fight from Spanish 'net cafes.

I had a plan but it didn't work out and now I have no clue what I'm doing for the NEXT 30-40 ROUNDS MY GOD SAVE ME FROM THIS GAME!
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Phobia on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:47 pm

heh, its very similar to my game here - http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=48152
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby KidTwist on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:08 pm

Only a major he says.

Smokey's on your trail.
Major KidTwist

Postby ZawBanjito on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:14 pm

KidTwist wrote:Only a major he says.

Only JUST a major; like, a new one.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby KidTwist on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:32 pm

ZawBanjito wrote:
KidTwist wrote:Only a major he says.

Only JUST a major; like, a new one.

Yeah, just messing with you Zaw.

But wow, what an epic battle.

Smokey's on your trail.
Major KidTwist

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:47 am

This game is pissing me off just as much as Zaw - and I'm no longer in it, - The fact that it just sits at the top of my list of current games with a line through my name for week after week, month after month.

This is why I really hate Flate Rate. This three person stalemate must happen a lot, when all players are aware of what to do tactically.

I have a suggestion (Paper, Rock, Scissors) - me, KrV & general mayhem get together. KrV writes down which player will be rock, which player will be scissors etc. - sends it to Wicked. then me and Mayhem (without knowing who is what) play paper rock scissors - and whoever loses first - that player is deemed to be the one that the other 2 attack to take the game to just 2 players.

Alternatively - I could pm Lack to mix up the attack button - to Do or Die - so some strange outcome happen.

Alternative 3. carry on for another 8-12 months of getting no where fast.

Regards Pedro
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:41 am

I know the situation, I've got a game where it's the same. We're currently in the orgy of destruction phase.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:18 pm

Haha, I know how you feel Pedro...I had a game where I was eliminated around 12th round or so...and it broke the 100 round mark...nearly the whole summer it was on the top of my list...mocking me...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:56 pm

today Andrew was knocked out of this game by Hairy.

And as he finished his go - the game went into round 150.

Well done to Harringtons and ZawBanjito for making the final 2

good luck to the winner

Both of you will recieve negative feedback for ruining my screens inner layer of carbon molecules :wink:
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby sully800 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Andrew got knocked out exactly 5 months into the game? Pretty strange.

And as I posted in the game chat, I think Zaw will win assuming they have equal dice and cards.
Major sully800

Postby tanar on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:59 am

5 months ?!??

I've been in a game that lasted two YEARS (and I won)

Captain tanar

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:55 am

Is this site really that old already?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:21 am

We could've dragged this one for two years... the only thing is, we've all got, like, other lives. I'm going on vacation in December, man! It was time to bury this puppy. I tried a few rounds ago and failed, and despaired, but hairy has brought it home! Last gasps, baby! Here we go!
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby hairingtons on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:25 pm

sully800 wrote:Andrew got knocked out exactly 5 months into the game? Pretty strange.

And as I posted in the game chat, I think Zaw will win assuming they have equal dice and cards.

yesh zaw will win because having been the stronger for much of the game, i was always attacked by the other two. zaw was in a good position being in Aus cos no one coid reach him. and andrew never encroached his siam armies.

so basically it was either move or never ever finish the damn game. im not a patioent man , so i have moved, knowing that it will more than likely mean i dont win.
"...You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war..."
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby sully800 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:22 pm

I understand why you did it completely, and I respect you for making the move. Based on the game chat it doesn't sound like you had great dice even when you took Andrew out. In any case it was a bold attempt and you still have a shot. I would have been calling you as the winner if only Zaw's 30 on Siam weren't exposed from the start of the 2 player action. If he had been locked in and needed a round to fortify out I think you'd have the stronger position for sure.
Major sully800

Postby ZawBanjito on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:14 am

Darn tootin, sully. Don't be too hard on Andrew, hairy. There wasn't any point in hitting Siam... he'd just get bogged down away from his borders. You threatened him from Brazil much more than I threatened him in Middle East, and I had Kamchatka to worry about constantly. He was making a fairly bold push into Europe when you struck. As for me, I just got lucky, man. If those 30 had been stuck, or even if I hadn't moved the 6 up from Indonesia the turn before...
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby hairingtons on Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:47 pm

"You threatened him from Brazil much more than I threatened him in Middle East"

Not really. it was him who constantly threatened me on brazil. whereas you two rarely put armys against each other on the middle east border. thats why i was fighting two.

anyway. all over now.
"...You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war..."
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby ZawBanjito on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:51 am

Well, it's true enough... You were playing with the strongest position, and so sadly we had to keep at you. I kept trying for Middle East but failed, and so switched my concentration to Ukraine. Twice I took Asia but never with enough to hold it. I tried all kinds of tactics but in the end it was the same-old-same-old build up in Australia and wait for them to overreach move... I done stole this game from you, hairy. Maaan.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby ZawBanjito on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:24 am

So it's over. 5 months, three days, and 153 rounds. Someone certify it as a record breaker, please (and no, silly games where you sit around building up and going hohohohoh don't count.) If anyone wants that record, PLEASE GOD THINK FIRST.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Return to Conquer Club Discussion