Conquer Club

Newb

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Newb

Postby Begbie on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi all

I am a newbie and have launched into few games. The site and resources are excellent and just what i have been looking for. have played a bit of risk in my time and all seems pretty clear except - how does the card system work ie wot compiles a set?? Sorry for the dumb question tho I'm sure I'll have more :)
'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows' Robert Zimmerman
Major Begbie

Postby nyg5680 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:38 pm

it hands out red green and blue you can get a set of all the same color or a mix. if the card is in bold it means u own the country and if u cash it in it gets 2 extra armies added to that country. than theres flat rate where 3 reds r worth 4 armies 3 greens r worth 6 and 3 blues r worth 8 and a mix set gets u 10 than in escalating each set of cards handed in the amount of armies continues to escalate

hope i answered any of ur questions about cards
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby Begbie on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Cheers - thanks for that!
Major Begbie

More on cards

Postby Begbie on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:58 pm

Is it possible to keep track of opponents cards?
Major Begbie

Postby wacicha on Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:06 pm

yes it is

it is called monkey script should be in general discussins but it is on a sticky at yop of section
Major wacicha

Re: Newb

Postby DogDoc on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:30 pm

Begbie wrote:Hi all

I am a newbie and have launched into few games. The site and resources are excellent and just what i have been looking for. have played a bit of risk in my time and ...:)

I, for one, don't consider yourself a newbie if you're an experience Risk player. Conquer Club translates extremely well from the boardgame and is very intuitive once you get going. I've been playing Risk for 35 years and only recently started playing here but I never really considered myself a "noob."
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby KoolBak on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:25 pm

Keep at it Begbie...get Premium for very little $$ and get yourself into hundreds of games and possibly a divorce! Welcome!!!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Ronaldinho on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:41 pm

KoolBak wrote:Keep at it Begbie...get Premium for very little $$ and get yourself into hundreds of games and possibly a divorce! Welcome!!!

Kb's been though 3 already :) :D :) and it only cost him $20 :lol:
Sergeant Ronaldinho

yes very good idea

Postby AAFitz on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:27 am

Ronaldinho wrote:
KoolBak wrote:Keep at it Begbie...get Premium for very little $$ and get yourself into hundreds of games and possibly a divorce! Welcome!!!

Kb's been though 3 already :) :D :) and it only cost him $20 :lol:

only cost me $20............$20000 lost potential revenue, 100s of hours of sleep, many arguements about lets just say...complete obsessive behavior....I dont see what the prob is...only finished 45O games in 50 days or so...whats the big deal....luckilly now girlfriend has been consumed also....definitely join and join as many games as you can....
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby KoolBak on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:41 pm

LOL!! He probly thinks we're joking....

:lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Akrasia on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:14 pm

I agree on the obsessive thing. This game has been haunting my dreams, and I'm only a freeplay member with a max of 4 games at a time. (way too poor at the moment to afford a subscription)

I don't know about tracking other players cards using a script, I don't want to know either, that's kinda cheating, But the list of moves above the gamechat tells you when someone cashes in a set, so you can check back and see when an individual player is likely to be due
Private Akrasia

Divorce

Postby Begbie on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:10 pm

I wont let cc cause a divorce - my theory is to cut out the middleman - go find someone woman you really hate and give her half your stuff.
Major Begbie

Postby Hugh.G.Rection on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:27 am

Akrasia wrote:I agree on the obsessive thing. This game has been haunting my dreams, and I'm only a freeplay member with a max of 4 games at a time. (way too poor at the moment to afford a subscription)

I don't know about tracking other players cards using a script, I don't want to know either, that's kinda cheating, But the list of moves above the gamechat tells you when someone cashes in a set, so you can check back and see when an individual player is likely to be due

I don't have the script but I'm pretty sure it only gives you the card count,not what cards the person have so wouldn't be cheating as you could go through game log and find out. Also like the board game where you know how many cards your opponents have.
Cook Hugh.G.Rection

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:32 am

Unless they hide them
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby JerseyDevil on Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:06 am

One thing someone forgot to tell you, in order to get a card you have to conquer another country from an opponent.
Cadet JerseyDevil

Return to Conquer Club Discussion