Conquer Club

When its bad, its really bad!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

When its bad, its really bad!

Postby zarvinny on Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:30 pm

I've played some flat rate games in my day, probably 30 or 40, and I've noticed somethin. This applies to escalating also to an extenet (never played no cards).

Basically, when you have a bad position, people are attacking your borders, and you're trying to survive, it seems like nothing helps.

Generally in flatrate, its starts with the dice. 10 vs 6? not a chance!. 5 vs 1? If I pray real hard. Later, it shows up in the cards. I'll be losing badly, getting like green, and red cards - cashing in sets of 4 and 6 while my opponents with 3 cards have mixed sets everytime. Then, as soon as the tide turns (if it does) my cards start turnin blue for some reason. I don't get it. My two best examples are the flatrate games i played just recently. Insane amounts of red and green, i'll get 3 red, 2 green. Cash the red cause i have to. Next thing i know, i have 3 green 2 red. cash in, and so it goes. Just makes me mad, I used to think flatrate has generally more skill required than escalating, but now it seems like they are equally annoying.

perhaps i should play no cards.

sidenote: i guess this is a semi-rant, but i just put it here
Lieutenant zarvinny

Postby Zackismet on Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:12 am

i've definatly felt this way, 'cept i've played way fewer games, and i have switched to no-card games. But those don't seem to be much better. i must have the worst luck in CC. In the garmany game i'n in now i lost a 12 v 1 (no exageratin, check it out for yourself). And in a game i recently lost the tide turned for the worst when my partner was wiped out when the opponent won a 9v8 against him... then later in that game i lost 15 in a 23 v 3. And of course, there are the fair share of 5v1 that i lose all the time...

when i win a 6v3 on my first turn and don't lose a single army, that's about as good as it gets

Highest rank: 96
Colonel Zackismet

Postby hasaki on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:29 am

Its all about skill. Cards are good but there not everything. O:)
There can only be one. OK sometimes two or three.

Highest place- 35
Highest score- 2517
Colonel hasaki

Postby zarvinny on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:58 am

yeah. just now i was in a flatrate game where i received my FIRST blue card in round 17, and it'll probably be over round 18. Twice... lol... twice.. I hunted my opponent down to 1 army and couldn't finish him off.. twice in this game. And after the second time, I received my first blue card.... lol?

game 106524: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=106459#gmtop
    Lieutenant zarvinny

Return to Conquer Club Discussion