Conquer Club

Checking for multiple accounts

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Checking for multiple accounts

Postby s.xkitten on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:22 pm

Umm, i don't know how to fix it, and i know everyone works very very hard to keep this website up and running. however, using an IP address to check for mulitple accounts doesn't really work when you do something like have a friend over and they use your computer, you go to a school where the computers are networked together which gives the appearence of one IP, when there are in fact 200+ computers in my school. the reason i bring this up is going through the forums, and seeing all the instances of things like friends in college, brothers, friends, BF and GF, all sharing computers and getting nailed for multi. accounts when they don't have it. i haven't come up with another idea on how to check, but the IP isn't 100% accurate...umm, its not really even like 80% accurate. so, if anyone has any ideas....... :?
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby wicked on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:36 pm

And who mistakenly told you that's all we check?
Major wicked

Postby s.xkitten on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:49 pm

no one, you guys also check other things...that just appeared to be the most common thing that everyone says...so, what else do you check...and i'm not trying to offend anyone, or piss anyone off, so don't take this the wrong way, i think that what you guys do is great, and i know you put a lot of hard work into it, as i stated in my original post...all i'm doing is pointing out a glitch that affects a lot of people
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:10 pm

I really dont think anyone should know how the mods check, that would just make it easier to abuse it and get away with it. :?
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:24 pm

We check any number of things, including social security number, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, date of birth, place and hospital of birth, mothers maiden name, your first pet's name, your uncle joe's middle name, inmate prison numbers, along with astrological sign both chinese and zodiac, and lastly we check your destiny and look into the future.

Keep all that on the down low though.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:30 am

*Panics and runs for the hills*
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Finding Multis

Postby Shai on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:14 am

I can give you an easy way to find multis:
In IT there is something called a "checking digit) . can't translate it easily from hebrew...
The idea is that the last digit of your ID is calculated by an algorithm on the rest of the digits and if when you say the last digit it's correct then you know you have not mistyped the number. The algorithm is:
each digit gets a 1 or 2 weight orederly, is then multiplies by it's weight and summed up (double digit multiplyers are the sum of their digits ). in the end the differnce between the number you got and the next "tens number" is the last digit for example:
03358669/4
0+6+3+(1+0)+8+(1+2)+6+(1+8)=36
the closest "tens" is 40
40-36=4

no one knows this so if you try making up an ID it can be esily detected9of course only applicable on Israeli id numbers) but maybe there is something similar with SSN#?
Worth a check...
Lieutenant Shai

Postby lackattack on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:42 am

I know that credit card numbers also have a checking digit. It makes it easy to detect a bogus card before without dialing it up.

Not sure how CC can use this when people are coming from so many countries with dfferent ID systems.
Sergeant lackattack

Stop the jews and the work is half done :)

Postby Shai on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:07 am

hey man, i just told you haow to stop 7 million Israeli's from cheating. That should cover about 50% of the multis :)
I doubt people would give their credit card numbers...
Lieutenant Shai

Re: Stop the jews and the work is half done :)

Postby Backglass on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:17 am

Shai wrote:I doubt people would give their credit card numbers...

...nor their national ID's.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby KoolBak on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:13 am

LMAO @ Andy.....

If I fess up another $20, would you share my manifest destiny with me?
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

quick Q

Postby Shai on Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:29 pm

what is LMAO???
Lieutenant Shai

Postby KoolBak on Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:56 pm

Laughing My A** Off.....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

thanks

Postby Shai on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:05 pm

hope your a@# liked the experience :)
Lieutenant Shai

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:11 pm

and with this new country flag thing, thats just one mor way to tell if someone is a multi.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby vorm on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:00 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:and with this new country flag thing, thats just one mor way to tell if someone is a multi.

It helps a little I guess, as you can use it to help rule out your suspicions if they are from different countries, even still there are ways someone could appear to be from two different countries even though they aren't if they really wanted to. (which I'm not going to post so that it doesn't give any would be cheaters any ideas... so don't ask.) :wink:

At the same time, just because they are from the same country doesn't mean they are a multi as there are a ton of players from the US, UK, Norway, etc. And even if they two suspects are from a country that has very few players here, it makes sense that people might want to play with a friend or someone that speaks there same language, so you can't read to much into that either.
Warlords of the Wort - Prepare to be Mashed!
Major vorm

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:00 pm

the reason mods dont tell you what they check for is so that people cant protect themselves.

ex: if the mods had a way to see what ZIP code you lived in, they wouldnt tell you that because then if there is a multi that knows how the ZIP code program works, he could format his internet so when the program checks where he lives, the program gets the wrong answer. (just an example, probably not true)

Postby Beastly on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:24 pm

There are a # of different ways they check for Multis!!!!!
as Lack says

"Yes, I am that Good" :lol:
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:50 pm

vorm wrote:
wcaclimbing wrote:and with this new country flag thing, thats just one mor way to tell if someone is a multi.

It helps a little I guess, as you can use it to help rule out your suspicions if they are from different countries, even still there are ways someone could appear to be from two different countries even though they aren't if they really wanted to. (which I'm not going to post so that it doesn't give any would be cheaters any ideas... so don't ask.) :wink:

At the same time, just because they are from the same country doesn't mean they are a multi as there are a ton of players from the US, UK, Norway, etc. And even if they two suspects are from a country that has very few players here, it makes sense that people might want to play with a friend or someone that speaks there same language, so you can't read to much into that either.

Total posts: 6153
[4.68% of total / 25.53 posts per day]
Find all posts by reverend_kyle

See look it says I'm from the netherlands.. because I"m using that exploit however I am from the united states.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:22 pm

good for you ](*,)

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:15 am

wcaclimbing wrote:good for you ](*,)

I might change to gb and join cwc lol ;)
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Return to Conquer Club Discussion