Conquer Club

Picking on newbies - yeah right

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Picking on newbies - yeah right

Postby hcr on Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Recently read this negative feedback:

This player likes to join games with low ranking players. It seems that he likes to intimidate people with his "Rank" and then destroy their desire to play the game. I have been discouraged by his actions and have decided after I have completed the present games I am in, that I will no longer play this game. Nice going Cornhole.

After checking out the game chat (http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=104199) this seems unstubstantiated. When I was a newbie I got beaten in games - it just made my a better player - in this game the other player's ganged up against me but only because I was a threat. It didn't put me off playing - just made me more determined to beat them.

Anyway all this long, waffley post is trying to say is that finding this annoyed me so much I thought I would vent my frustration to everyone else.

Edited to correct typos
Private 1st Class hcr

Postby lilwdlnddude on Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:44 pm

how do you intimidate people with a sergeant ranking? Im not trying to be mean or anything... its just that i wouldnt be intimidated by that...
Where's Waldo?!
Captain lilwdlnddude

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:00 pm

it would appear that general cornrow is a shit player with more mouth than trousers

400 odd games and still a Lieutenant - means hes shit
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Re: Picking on newbies - yeah right

Postby JerseyDevil on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:44 am

hcr wrote:Recently read this negative feedback:

This player likes to join games with low ranking players. It seems that he likes to intimidate people with his "Rank" and then destroy their desire to play the game. I have been discouraged by his actions and have decided after I have completed the present games I am in, that I will no longer play this game. Nice going Cornhole.

After checking out the game chat (http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=104199) this seems unstubstantiated. When I was a newbie I got beaten in games - it just made my a better player - in this game the other player's ganged up against me but only because I was a threat. It didn't put me off playing - just made me more determined to beat them.

Anyway all this long, waffley post is trying to say is that finding this annoyed me so much I thought I would vent my frustration to everyone else.

Edited to correct typos

I think the general problem was the fact that Cornrow was a Captain, playing against a ?, a private, and a sgt.

If you read the whole post, and the way the game played out, I think you would understand why my nephew was a little pissed.

You really didn't need to post a new thread. You could have replied there.

I thought I explained what has been done to him and really this discussion needs to end.

All you are doing is opening old wounds that are better left healed.
Cadet JerseyDevil

Return to Conquer Club Discussion