Conquer Club

ALL ? MAKE SURE TO READ THIS !

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

ALL ? MAKE SURE TO READ THIS !

Postby TinyTim62 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:53 pm

TO ALL NEW RECRUITS / NEW PLAYERS....beware of a player that goes by the name of "General Cornrow".

This player just loves to join games that has nothing but recruits or privates in the game so that he can amass points by beating you.

His current rank is Captain, and it seems that 75 % of the games he has been in so far have been against lower ranking opponents.

If you get eliminated by a higher ranking opponent in 7 or 8 rounds, how do you expect to be able to properly learn tactic, defense and strategy?

I don't care if I am kicked off the site for, I won't be playing another game here after the only one of four I started is over with, and the same thing happened to me in that game, only it wasn't Cornrow that screwed me.
New Recruit TinyTim62

Postby sully800 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:05 pm

So you're leaving the site because this player made you feel unwelcome?

We have plenty of great AND helpful players around here...I'm sure some experienced players would be willing to give you a few tips. And you can always join games that only need an additional player so you know who's in it before it starts.
Major sully800

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:15 pm

did you even take the time to look at the list of games he completed!?!?!??
he plays games with all levels of people, not just new guys
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby dividedbyzero on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:25 pm

Frankly, he has more to lose. I totally understand the majors, colonels, and generals that only play with higher ranks. Granted, I don't seem to have that problem :D but I understand the mindset.

Unless you're in private games, you are pretty much putting out the welcome mat to anyone. I like playing with higher ranked folks because I just might learn something.

That's my $.02 and worth every bit you paid for it.

dbz
Major dividedbyzero

Postby dcowboys055 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:39 pm

lol. shut up, put him on your ignore list, and move on. there are 10 good, fun players for every jerk on this site.
XI since August '06
Captain dcowboys055

tiny

Postby AAFitz on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:25 pm

tiny tim, this site is awesome...lackattack has done an unbelievable job of making a free, competitive and open site....you will find immature behavior, but you will also find professional gamers and great people to compete with....ignore the negative, focus on the positive, and have a blast....
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby JerseyDevil on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Guys (and any of you ladies out there that read this),

I must apologize for the comments of my nephew.

Although I agree with the fact that "is it fair for higher ranking players to join a game started by a private or ?" his comments were totally uncalled for.

I tried to handle the problem diplomatically, by contacting lackattack and then posting my own forum thread, but it seems he had a little to much fun after a high school playoff football game and got carried away when he got back to my house.

I've just spent the last hour reconfiguring my home computor to delete his loggin code abd change things so he can't use my computor to blast anyone, or complete any games he is currently in.

I agree that lack and the modsquad have done a fabulous job of setting up this site, and I know that not everyone is going to be happy with the way others play the game or will agree with all of the rules, etc., but hey, it is only a game to have fun with.

I thought I had taught him better when it came to sportsmanship, but looks like I fell short.

Again, I appologize.

JerseyDevil
Cadet JerseyDevil

very standup

Postby AAFitz on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:41 pm

i wouldnt worry about it, but very sincere appology

so many negative threads could be stopped in there tracks with one of these...hope your nephew enjoys the game...and of course...boys will be boys...
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Re: ALL ? MAKE SURE TO READ THIS !

Postby Megalomaniac on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:37 am

TinyTim62 wrote:TO ALL NEW RECRUITS / NEW PLAYERS....beware of a player that goes by the name of "General Cornrow".

This player just loves to join games that has nothing but recruits or privates in the game so that he can amass points by beating you.

His current rank is Captain, and it seems that 75 % of the games he has been in so far have been against lower ranking opponents.

If you get eliminated by a higher ranking opponent in 7 or 8 rounds, how do you expect to be able to properly learn tactic, defense and strategy?

I don't care if I am kicked off the site for, I won't be playing another game here after the only one of four I started is over with, and the same thing happened to me in that game, only it wasn't Cornrow that screwed me.

I would have thought that was the best way to learn how to play better actually! To be honest I never pay much attention to the ranks of the people I play with, I like the idea of playing 'risk' with a random bunch of human opponents.
Private Megalomaniac

Return to Conquer Club Discussion