Conquer Club

YET ANOTHER NEGATIVE BULLSHIT FEEDBACK

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

dd

Postby dugcarr1 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:48 pm

WE NEED A NEW WAY OF KEEPING SCORE !
Captain dugcarr1

Re: dd

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:54 pm

dugcarr1 wrote:WE NEED A NEW WAY OF KEEPING SCORE !

Lol, I've only been here a couple days, and already I'm starting to ignore this... I agree the score isn't perfect, but saying it in every other thread isnt' going to help any.
Major HotShot53

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:59 pm

AAFitz wrote:in a diversion attempt...i will make you all feel better about your per game score...

JR; Games Completed: 964 / 2385 points = Avg of 1.4 points GAINED per game d'oh!
Hazmaniac; Games Completed: 239 / 1798 points = 3.3 points per game Rolling Eyes
Pedronicus; Games Completed: 352 / 2789 points = 7.1 points per game Applause
Robinette; Games Completed: 172 / 2648 points = 9.6 points per game Cool

AA Games 620(50pending) 1769 points= 1.2 pts per game

Personally i think you are all awesome players...I almost never beat JR in singles...Pedro is masterful, Haz and Robin I must assume know what they are doing. But there are so many feuds on here now its ridiculous...

The purpose of the feedbacks is to keep people in check...I have one myself, and appologized for complaining in the game i got it in, but want it to stay there, so that if i find myself wanting to say something annoying, i know I may be called on it...This game naturally incites emotion, which is why its so good...Luck, strategy, and interaction with the other players are all important factors...but also can drive you crazy...

It is a shame to see players with hundreds of games and possibly as many hours in here feuding, often over one game or one event. I understand it, and mean no disrespect, because i have been guilty of it myself, but it really would be cool if there was less of it...myself included...

Have fun all...

I have to work on my points per game I think...

I wonder if i set up 10 new games right now how quickly they will fill...

1663 439 games... make you all feel better except fitz 1.5 is the ppg
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby howie on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Some people have hugh egos over small things :shock:
Private howie

Re: YET ANOTHER NEGATIVE BULLSHIT FEEDBACK

Postby wicked on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:03 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote: i spend too much time and energy getting them removed.

really?!? you spend too much time? :roll:
Actually, the feedback left you by Hazmaniac is perfectly acceptable. However yours for him was removed since it was revenge feedback. Perhaps you should spend more of that time and energy reading the guidelines, eh?
Major wicked

Postby AndrewB on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:50 pm

Pedronicus wrote:
ok then - lets put me in the equation;

JR; Games Completed: 964 / 2385 points = 2.474 points per game
Hazmaniac; Games Completed: 239 / 1798 points = 7.52 points per game
Pedronicus; Games Completed: 352 / 2789 points = 7.92 points per game

I'm getting nothing for a win and crucified when i loose - and I'm still keeping my average points per game fairly high

This is not entirely accurately. Did you forget that u get 1000 points to start with? so proper math is:

R; Games Completed: 964 / 1385 points = 1.44 points per game
Hazmaniac; Games Completed: 239 / 798 points = 3.34 points per game
Pedronicus; Games Completed: 352 / 1789 points = 5.08 points per game
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:46 pm

thanks for pointing that out Andrew. #-o
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby zarvinny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:55 pm

stinkycheese wrote:Who knew somebody could get so pissed off about feedback given to them over a non-hasbro risk game on a website. Might I suggest stepping away from the computer screen...go pop open a cold one and relax or something.

Hazmaniac wrote:I guess I touched a nerve with you JR. A few things:

a) I wrote legitimate feedback from 1 game after you continiously performing the same cowardly moves on me time and again so you could retain your higher ranking and not lose your precious points (a fact that you do not deny). The only reason you are going on the offensive is because you know that it is true.

b) If you didn't like my play, you would have written negative feedback before which you didn't do. Only after I left you negative feedback, did you leave me one. Shows how vindictive and what type of baby you are. Further, you are the first person to have left me negative feedback in almost an entire year. That itself speaks volumes about how much I'm respected by the players that I play against. The fact that you can't accept another person's opinions shows how much of an ingrate you actually are.

c) Lastly, the fact that you have played 4X the amount of games that I have means nothing. It just means that you have more time on your hands. Sorry that my career as a lawyer prevents me from playing more but someone here has to do something with their life.

The bottom line is, is that you are wrong and the only people that know this are those we played against who don't and will never know the true motivations of your actions except for the fact that you inexplicably went after me with all your armies when you knew that you had no chance of winning.

wicked wrote:
JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote: i spend too much time and energy getting them removed.

really?!? you spend too much time? :roll:
Actually, the feedback left you by Hazmaniac is perfectly acceptable. However yours for him was removed since it was revenge feedback. Perhaps you should spend more of that time and energy reading the guidelines, eh?

I pretty much agree here. While JohnnyRocket may be a decent risk player, I don't really like the way he handles himself, and the fact that he has a short fuse. However, his definition of a "noob" is pretty poor and it really does not apply in this situation.
Lieutenant zarvinny

Postby XenHu on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:00 pm

I often wonder why people get so worked up about this stuff... So he left you a neg on your feedback? If you know it was not justfied and the guy's just being a jerk, ignore him and get on with your life! Stop whining about it...

Otherwise, your just doing this - ](*,)
Cook XenHu

Postby AAFitz on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:41 pm

Rev kyle wrote

thanks kyle, but

my ppd(points per day is 8.2 whereas yours is only 2.7

so in 10 days i will get another 82 points...and you will only have another 27

unless i play you a lot, then i will have 1000 more...lol
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Re: points

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:33 am

AAFitz wrote:Rev kyle wrote

thanks kyle, but

my ppd(points per day is 8.2 whereas yours is only 2.7

so in 10 days i will get another 82 points...and you will only have another 27

unless i play you a lot, then i will have 1000 more...lol

ROFL! I joined in march but took a huge break because I didnt like the 3 on each country thing and didn't start playing until may. Then, I didnt get premium until august, and as for you playing me alot... why haven't you then?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby A Mans Part on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:30 am

I know this is a side track, but points per game don't really mean a whole lot. It is easier to gain points early on, since your score is low. Once you hit 300 games, you will find your ppg slipping (assuming you are at 2000+ points). Once you get over 3000, you can kiss you ppg goodbye since you would have to have a ridiculous win rate to gain 7 ppg, and every time you did win, it would get harder to maintain.

I only say this because I have over 1000 games :(
Captain A Mans Part

Postby AAFitz on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:05 am

yeah, there really are so many ways to adjust your score, especially by the kind of games you play who you play with, etc. I think we all know that, and the ppg is really applicable to two people who have played the same type of games, same kind of players and the same number of games...

What we really need is a bored computer genius to put together a database program to sort out the different types of games...records against any given player, by map, etc... personally I'd pay for it...

Then we can argue who is the best at freestyle, escalating, classic, standard games on a friday night at 11:30, when they are red

Now that will be fun
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

this pisses me off

Postby lackattack on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:13 pm

I was chatting with Hazmaniac the other day and he mentioned that JOHNNYROCKET24 was throwing games to let the higher scored opponent win. I said "then leave feedback". Hazmaniac said "what's the point, this guys is is just gonna get me back". In the end I convinced hazmaniac that leaving feedback is the right thing to do because it encourages better sportsmanship.

So what happens? Sure enough JOHNNYROCKET24 abuses the system and leaves retaliatory feedback :evil:

If someone leaves you feedback that you think is unfair, you have an opportunity to attach a response. Members reading your feedback will decide for themselves what is true and what isn't.

Unfortunately many people are not leaving deserved feedback because of fear of retaliatory feedback. I should spend more energy finding ways to discourage such abuse.

Another problem is "retalitory positives". Since getting the negative from Hazmaniac, JOHNNYROCKET24 has sent out 20 identical positive feedbacks to fish responses and inflate his rating.

Hey JOHNNYROCKET24, quit abusing feedback or find another global conquest site to play on! :evil:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby hendy on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:31 pm

wow lack! I think that if some1 is going to make your feedback score look worse by leaving you a negative you have all the rite in the world to give one back cuz if all you do is respond to the ffedback they give you and not leave one for them ten it just makes your feedback look worse and not his
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:52 pm

ok then.

This negative feedback / revenge feedback has gotten stupid.

If someone leaves negative feedback - that player has the oppertunity to write a response to it. That should be enough to clarify what happened from both sides.

I suggest that everyone should be given (like ebay) a 100% reputation by their name, then if someone gives revenge feed back - this is going to subtract percentage points from the 100%. the revenge feedback would be removed as normally. does that make sense?
Major Pedronicus

Postby KoolBak on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm

Excellent post lack-ster :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby hendy on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:16 pm

Pedronicus wrote:ok then.

This negative feedback / revenge feedback has gotten stupid.

If someone leaves negative feedback - that player has the oppertunity to write a response to it. That should be enough to clarify what happened from both sides.

I suggest that everyone should be given (like ebay) a 100% reputation by their name, then if someone gives revenge feed back - this is going to subtract percentage points from the 100%. the revenge feedback would be removed as normally. does that make sense?

ok they respoond but what if the feedback the person left them was absolutely bogus. The there feedback count looks worse and all they can do is respond but not give players an idea of what that player is like by leaving him a feedback
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby lackattack on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:30 pm

No hendy, two wrongs don't make a right.

Occasionally someone may incorrectly think you played unfair and leave a negative. But if you are a good sport the positives will outweigh the negatives, and people will see that. You have to suck it up. Sportsmanship is not black and white and neither is feedback. But in the long run your feedback will reflect your playing.

By the way, we have a new feedback moderation tool. You can see deleted feedback on the "feedback left by X" tab with the reason for deletion.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby hendy on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:33 pm

I think that if some1 leaves you a feedback responding does not say as much as revenge
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:40 pm

lackattack wrote:But in the long run your feedback will reflect your playing.

Really? Theres far to much fishing for positive feedback. I moaned the other month about the over use of GG in any game where someone gets killed. there is also an over use of positive feedback, just to receive some back in return. I hardly ever leave feedback - which is why I've only got 35 from over 340 games with approx. 6 players per game, with me playing what i perceive to be a good game.

In the long run - your feedback will only reflect how much feedback you left in the first place - it's nothing to do with your playing skills at all.
Major Pedronicus

Postby lackattack on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:41 pm

If you turn feedback into a mud slinging contest, then the whole thing becomes worthless.

Hendy, have you left any retaliatory feedbacks?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:46 pm

no

whats rediculous is when people are permitted to express their opinions and if they do so before the other player, the other player has no way to state their case. In this case, not even an example was given. the feedback just states he believed i attacked him to preserve some points. he placed all his troops next to my border. yes he was weaker and ranked lower, but he left me no choice. i have no beef Haz. I never even heard of anyone playing this tactic until it was posted about dugcarr 3 days ago where this idea about me probably originated from. All I want is the negative feedback removed. If there are ligit complaints about me, than go ahead and leave them with the proper documentation and go on your merry way. i have another one where the player states he felt my game play was "cocky". He entitled to his opinion, but why do we let that be cause for leaving feedback? i cant reply to it because its allowed.

Lack,

you were wrong about the positive feedbacks I left today. I figured with all this talk about negative feedback I would leave some positive. I wasnt looking for anything in return. I was just making a case that I am a nice guy and easy to get along with. Everyone has players that they avoid or ignore. With the amounts of games I have played I obviously played alot of different players and styles. Not everyone agrees with what everyone does. I ususlly just add them to my ignore list and move on. What I dont like to see is when I log on and there has been feedback left for me that is absolutely false and theres nothing I can do about it. Apparently Haz has a good relationship with the admins and it seems unlikely this situation is never going to get resolved for me in my favor.

as a nice gesture, I even removed the 4 negative feedbacks I have left. Lets just play and move on. Its all water under the bridge.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby hendy on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:51 pm

lackattack wrote:If you turn feedback into a mud slinging contest, then the whole thing becomes worthless.

Hendy, have you left any retaliatory feedbacks?

no I have not and I will not. But I just don't agree with this way of leaving feedback
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby Robinette on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:53 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:Lets just play and move on. Its all water under the bridge.

Good conclusion.... but have you learned anything thru this episope???#-o

And I am soooo crushed that you didn't leave ME any positive feedback! :cry:

(seriously though.. jyou should just chill and let it die... 95% do NOT agree with you, and that should be enough to try to rethink it)
Last edited by Robinette on Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brigadier Robinette

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion