Conquer Club

YET ANOTHER NEGATIVE BULLSHIT FEEDBACK

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Postby zarvinny on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:55 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24's feedback left wrote:
we played many times and i felt some feedback was due. thanks for the fun games we have played so far.
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 117763 eye84free ( 56-0 )
2006-12-03 09:39:46
we played many times and i felt some feedback was due. thanks for the fun games we have played so far.
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 90416 eolver ( 48-0 )
2006-12-03 09:35:14
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 112511 Hugh.G.Rection ( 33-0 )
2006-12-03 09:23:19
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 113216 Bad Speler ( 22-0 )
2006-12-03 09:21:54
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 110719 Selin ( 22-0 )
2006-12-03 09:21:16
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 104737 hasaki ( 16-0 )
2006-12-03 09:20:47
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 113231 AndrewO ( 20-0 )
2006-12-03 09:20:13
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 110719 RL_Orange ( 30-0 )
2006-12-03 09:19:47
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 111593 zip_disk ( 25-0 )
2006-12-03 09:19:27
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 110707 A Mans Part ( 90-1 )
2006-12-03 09:19:01
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 110711 GloriousL ( 25-0 )
2006-12-03 09:18:37
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 113216 mrbryne ( 16-1 )
2006-12-03 09:18:06
Deleted by moderator for this reason: Obvious fishing for positive feedback 95180 General Mayhem ( 14-0 )
2006-12-03 08:44:03

this definitely seems like fishing for pos. feedback. If you felt a certain way, i'd compliment the person. But copy-pasting 20 comments to several people as pos. feedback does not seem legit.
Lieutenant zarvinny

Postby RobinJ on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:44 pm

Jesus Christ :-$ - it's only a game!!! :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby stinkycheese on Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:00 pm

I say do away with pos feedback completely and only have negative. Nobody reads the positive anyway. :wink:
Captain stinkycheese

Postby AAFitz on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:19 pm

In his defense, i Have left 3 or 4 for Johnny in the past...some still there...dont know how many...weve played doubles...singles....hes wiped me out, ive wiped him out...weve even gone back and forth in a game here and there...it is possible that he finally decided to give all of those players feedback, including myself after this discussion because of the discussion itself...the cut and paste was perhaps a little lazy, but not necessarily phishing...i obviously have left some feedback...ill bet more than anyone on the site...and yes...i have a lot because of that, however, i hope that everyone's game that i left a feedback for, was made just a little better, because i recognized them, and didnt just take their points or vice versa and move on also robinette essentially told him she was dissapointed she didnt get one from him in the post...
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Blackadder on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:23 pm

RobinJ wrote:Jesus Christ :-$ - it's only a game!!! :roll:

:shock: :lol:
Cook Blackadder

Postby Robinette on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:46 pm

AAFitz wrote:In his defense, i Have left 3 or 4 for Johnny in the past...some still there...dont know how many...weve played doubles...singles....hes wiped me out, ive wiped him out...weve even gone back and forth in a game here and there...it is possible that he finally decided to give all of those players feedback, including myself after this discussion because of the discussion itself...the cut and paste was perhaps a little lazy, but not necessarily phishing...i obviously have left some feedback...ill bet more than anyone on the site...and yes...i have a lot because of that, however, i hope that everyone's game that i left a feedback for, was made just a little better, because i recognized them, and didnt just take their points or vice versa and move on also robinette essentially told him she was dissapointed she didnt get one from him in the post...

Well, I hate to break it to you, but my comments were humor... You know, as in "It was a joke"... :lol:
But "I am soooo crushed" that you didn't get my JOKE! :cry:
(just kidding) :wink:
I was just trying to lighten things up a bit both then and now...
But hey, I am used to being misunderstood...
Brigadier Robinette

Postby AAFitz on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:35 pm

robinette, i did know that was a joke of course, and I guess that seems neg what i wrote but it wasnt meant that way, it was more pointing out that we were having this discussion, you asked for feedback...jokingly, and he sent out one or two....or ten...

I wish i could impart my sarcastic yet positive tone on these...i too get misunderstood occasionally....but i have to draw the line at using a smiley :!:
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Robinette on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:06 am

AAFitz wrote:robinette, i did know that was a joke of course, and I guess that seems neg what i wrote but it wasnt meant that way, it was more pointing out that we were having this discussion, you asked for feedback...jokingly, and he sent out one or two....or ten...

I wish i could impart my sarcastic yet positive tone on these...i too get misunderstood occasionally....but i have to draw the line at using a smiley :!:

hee hee... I had to laugh about the smileys... there are some that I just can't bring myself to use, so I understand...

And there are others that work just fine for me... 8)
Brigadier Robinette

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:23 am

lol, in the forum I am most active in, I am famous for over-using both smilies, and .....
Major HotShot53

Postby Nikolai on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:18 am

Positive feedback = good way to check if the player really is good.
Negative feedback = good way to find out if the player has playing habits that make him/her difficult to play with.
New item that shows deleted feedback = good way to find out if the player is abusing the feedback system.

Conclusion: feedback system = well-rounded way to track quality of players.
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Re: this pisses me off

Postby D.IsleRealBrown on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:36 pm

wicked masshole wrote:Actually, the feedback left you by Hazmaniac is perfectly acceptable. However yours for him was removed since it was revenge feedback. Perhaps you should spend more of that time and energy reading the guidelines, eh?

lackattack wrote:So what happens? Sure enough JOHNNYROCKET24 abuses the system and leaves retaliatory feedback :evil:

OMG, this is absolutely pricess. A month after we are refused rervenge deletion the 2-face modsquad has flip-flopped on their principles yet again. What happened to "it's not a race to leave feedbak" wicked?

Oh and last time I checked there was never a problem with lower ranked players going after the highest in a game. In fact it's pretty much the norm. If a lower ranked member is controlling a game you can bet your ass I'll be doing everything in my power to make sure doesn't win. This shit goes both ways, you want to talk about how "that is just how the game goes" and "deal with it"? This is a prime example. You want to talk about ettiquette? Go ahead, the simple fact is stronger players are usually going after each other and if a lower ranked player takes advantage that's fine. But when they get turned on I certainly don't want to hear a bunch of whining. Leaving NF about it is absurd.
ImageImageImage
Lieutenant D.IsleRealBrown

Postby wicked on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 pm

Pedronicus wrote:Really? Theres far to much fishing for positive feedback.

you should know. :wink: :lol:
Major wicked

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:19 pm

wicked wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:Really? Theres far to much fishing for positive feedback.

you should know. :wink: :lol:

I wasn't fishing - I was er, 8-[ begging? :oops:

ps - your a cow, for making it public knowledge! :wink:
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby wicked on Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:26 pm

D - Neither Lack nor I has ever said we don't delete revenge feedback. We have, and will continue, to delete revenge feedbacks as we see fit. Sometimes it's not clear whether it's revenge or not. Just because someone left feedback later than someone else doesn't necessarily mean it's revenge. What I look at is the person responding to the feedback or to the game?
Major wicked

Postby lackattack on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:17 pm

To add to wicked's remark, I would say that gunning for the lower ranked opponent (or "throwing the game") might not be against the rules, but is certainly considered to be poor sportsmanship by some. People can and should leave negative feedback whenever they encouter what they believe to be poor sportsmanship, whether or not the recipient agrees. The more people believe throwing the game is bad, the more negatives you'll get for it, and vice versa. It's a grey solution to a grey problem.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby D.IsleRealBrown on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:52 pm

What you call "throwing the game" I call "strategy". I don't go after lower ranked players, I go after the stongest players in tha game.

I love how you completely disregard the points I make as you see fit.
ImageImageImage

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:18 pm

D.IsleRealBrown wrote: If a lower ranked member is controlling a game you can bet your ass I'll be doing everything in my power to make sure doesn't win.

So does that mean you are not doing everything in your power to WIN the game?

I play to win. I don't play to keep someone else from winning.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby stinkycheese on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Evil Semp wrote:I play to win. I don't play to keep someone else from winning.

If they piss you off then do you?
Captain stinkycheese

Postby D.IsleRealBrown on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Evil Semp wrote:So does that mean you are not doing everything in your power to WIN the game?

:roll:

Of course I'm trying to win. Why am I trying to win? To gain points.

If it's at a critical point in a game that I've had crappy dice, or someone has had great rolls against me and I am certain that there's no chance of me winning, I will base my attacks on the lower ranked player. End of story.
ImageImageImage

Postby lackattack on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:15 pm

D.IsleRealBrown wrote:What you call "throwing the game" I call "strategy". I don't go after lower ranked players, I go after the stongest players in tha game.

D.IsleRealBrown wrote:If it's at a critical point in a game that I've had crappy dice, or someone has had great rolls against me and I am certain that there's no chance of me winning, I will base my attacks on the lower ranked player. End of story.

So you go after the the strongest until you have no chance of winning, then you go after the lowest ranked, right? If that's the case, some people will take issue with the second part of your tactic. Others will agree that it is a valid strategy. I don't want to pass judgement on it, I'm just making a point that you shouldn't be surprised if you wind up with some negative feedback.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:33 pm

stinkycheese wrote:

Actually nobody has pissed me off since I have been playing here.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:35 pm

other than the sucky seahawks fan of course!! :wink: and yeah, he's the only person who's ticked me off, but we're just arguing
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:39 pm

You haven't ticked me off. I just liked bugging you.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:41 pm

oh, well, that's a random way of looking at people.

"hey, look at that guy. yeah, he looks fun to bug the crap out of"

i mean, really :wink:
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby misscrystal on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:52 pm

stinkycheese wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:I play to win. I don't play to keep someone else from winning.

I'm guilty of that :oops:
Corporal misscrystal

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion