Conquer Club

Truces and alliances

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Truces and alliances

Postby Star_BuRiT on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:15 am

hi all.. need ur thoughts on this matter.. just wanted to know is it ok to make truces or alliances in a game with only 3 players?

if announced in chat is it legal?

thanks just wanted to know bout this...
Private 1st Class Star_BuRiT

Postby panicker on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:22 am

dont think its judged as illegal in any sense but i dont agree with them , i tend to stray away from alliances as a whole.

what i will say is i tend to think that in a 3 player game if one player is overrunning its natural for the other 2 to both concentrate on him to even things out

but alliances from the start? thats just not cricket :D
Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time -
Major panicker

Postby gavin_sidhu on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:22 am

Its allowed but not looked upon in a nice way. And take ur turn in the rt.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby Star_BuRiT on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:27 am

well if its allowed .. then just have to stay away from such players.. thanks for ur opinions..

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:07 am

If it's to keep the one strongest player from winning I don't see a problem, but alliances from the start in 3 player games (or any games for that matter) is complete bullshit.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Star_BuRiT on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:39 am

MeDeFe wrote:If it's to keep the one strongest player from winning I don't see a problem, but alliances from the start in 3 player games (or any games for that matter) is complete bullshit.

well it was keeping the third player from winning but even so i dont see a need for an alliance or truce.... it should be common sense, or is common sense not too common.???

Postby Fireside Poet on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:18 am

Just my worthless .02, but when you play with experienced players who understand the big picture, they tend to recognize who is the threat and govern them accordingly without even having to acknowledge that there needs to be something done or that there even needs to be a temporary alliance.

I don't make truces or alliances.
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby KoolBak on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:41 am

Aaaahhhhh...that post was a balm to the bruise I got from my knee-jerk response...Thanks FP!!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby RobinJ on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:50 am

MeDeFe wrote:If it's to keep the one strongest player from winning I don't see a problem, but alliances from the start in 3 player games (or any games for that matter) is complete bullshit.

I agree with this as i have made these sort of alliances in 3 player games but it is not fair to ally from the beginning to make it a two player game.

However, I also agree with this:
Fireside Poet wrote:Just my worthless .02, but when you play with experienced players who understand the big picture, they tend to recognize who is the threat and govern them accordingly without even having to acknowledge that there needs to be something done or that there even needs to be a temporary alliance.

:)
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby howie on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:29 pm

I've done truces rather than alliences, would never allie, it was only a truce over one border. And only done it the once.
Private howie

Postby KidWhisky on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 pm

Isnt table talk part of the game. And arn't truces, pacts and alliances a part of that. Its a strategy game and allying as well as backstabing when it is in your best interest is all part of the game. You do what you do to win and if making a pact with someone is going to help you win then i say do it up. A good player will be able to compensate for a pact againt him by offering a better deal, fortifying differently or just killing one of the conspiritors off. There are ways to beat the pact and thats a fun part of the game in my opinion.
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Captain KidWhisky

Postby macwin on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:35 am

Fireside Poet wrote:Just my worthless .02, but when you play with experienced players who understand the big picture, they tend to recognize who is the threat and govern them accordingly without even having to acknowledge that there needs to be something done or that there even needs to be a temporary alliance.

I don't make truces or alliances.

Ditto

Well said
Captain macwin

Re: Truces and alliances

Postby Star_BuRiT on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:46 am

well guys has there been a poll on for this.. i mean how many players would, would not at all, or would some times... Well if can some one can set one just for the sake of knowing, it would be nice.

Happy CC - ing all

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 am

there have been countless polls on and discussions about this topic, and we never agree.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Return to Conquer Club Discussion