Conquer Club

Next Mafia game theme?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What should my next theme be?

Back to the Future
41%
Tim Burton
14%
Pirates of the Caribbean
45%

Total votes : 22

Next Mafia game theme?

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:53 pm

So I've got three ideas, need to gauge interest to see which one I'll do.

1. Back to the Future- Since there are multiple timelines, there will be multiple versions of the same characters (Biff, Marty, Doc) with different abilities and possibly different alignments.

2. Tim Burton-Don't really like his movies, but you can't deny he's got a particular style. Will probably stick to the better known ones (Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wonderland) His director movies only, so no Nightmare before Christmas and no James and the Giant Peach.

3. Pirates of the Caribbean- In honor of the new movie coming out. Pirates are town, East India Trading Company is mafia.
Captain safariguy5

Re: Next Mafia game theme?

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Bttf! But only if you make me doc brown.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Pirates has potential.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm

I can't join since I already have three active games, but I will just say that a tim burton game without Jack Skellington is not a Tim Burton game at all...

Otherwise, all three sound good and doable.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby naxus on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Pirates sounds like it could be a crazy cult game but thats just me
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I can't join since I already have three active games, but I will just say that a tim burton game without Jack Skellington is not a Tim Burton game at all...

Otherwise, all three sound good and doable.

Yeah there are a lot of games going on right now, so I'll wait till a few I'm in finish up. Once I see what people like, I'll need to figure out the roles as these are still in the idea stage. I'm partial to BttF myself. Whichever one it turns out to be, the other two are free to another mod if they want.
Captain safariguy5

Postby aage on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:36 am

Pirates as long as we don't have to elect a pirate king. ^^
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby karelpietertje on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 am

aage wrote:Pirates as long as we don't have to elect a pirate king. ^^

karelpietertje, the powerful, famous, and infinitely wise master of Dutch waters and territories, votes for karelpietertje, powerful, the famous, and infinitely wise master of Dutch waters and territories. :D

hehe looking forward to this :P
Major karelpietertje

Postby Streaker on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:34 am

Pirates theme please!

Just give me a freelance pirateship and crew, so I can steal other ships as my fleet grows. Would make a fine cult :twisted:

I see many options here :-$
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby aage on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 am

Pirates would, from the top of my head, include Lord Becket, Mr. Mercer, Govenor Swan, Elisabeth Swan, Will Turner, Jack Sparrow, Mr. Gibbs, Barb(ar)ossa, Fragetti and his sidekick whose name I forgot, Tia Dalma, Davy Jones and possibly some guys like Sao Feng. All in all it seems like a great story already, especially with all those awesome win conditions they'd have.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Hmm...guess I should work on Pirates then. I'll probably save the BttF one for later.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Tim Burton? Intriguing...

PotC's been done.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:02 am

For the record imo Bttf>Tim Burton>Pirates.

I would definitely join the Bttf one. If you wanna wait that's cool, but count me in that one.

I'm not a fan of Tim Burton, and really the only ones I like are Nightmare and James and the Giant Peach. So if you do that one without those I probably wouldn't play unless some cool kats were involved.

I fucking hate Pirates of the Caribbean and will sit out for that one. But I'm sure you'll get enough support for it.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby kernov on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Tim Burton based on the film 9 would be cool.
Sergeant kernov

Postby kernov on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

kernov wrote:Tim Burton based on the film 9 would be cool.

The more i think of this idea th more i like it , what a fantastic game it could be. The nine dolls have already got there mafia roles! If you do it save no 6 for me ;)
Sergeant kernov

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:51 pm

I just thought of a decent mafia theme, Battle Royale.

If it hasn't been done, would work exceptionally well with hard deadlines, and has enough characters for plenty of flexibility for game size and fakeclaims. I'm busy with Futurama after finishing modding of POTC and Terminator, but if someone wants to work on it, I would be willing to help.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Commander9 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:52 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I just thought of a decent mafia theme, Battle Royale.

If it hasn't been done, would work exceptionally well with hard deadlines, and has enough characters for plenty of flexibility for game size and fakeclaims. I'm busy with Futurama after finishing modding of POTC and Terminator, but if someone wants to work on it, I would be willing to help.

One word - FUTURAMA!!!
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Rodion on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:10 am

I LOVE that movie, but the format of "42 students enter, 1 student leaves" appear to be too hard to be tailored into a mafia game. In the movie, people could form alliances, but they were temporary as they'd ultimately have to kill one another in the end.

Unless you want to have "the class" as town, "the professors+army+brown-nose students" as mafia and some "psychos" as 3rd-party (Kiriyama! Mitsuko!).

I won't work on it because I'd rather play it (and because I don't want to devote so much time into creating roles, win conditions etc).
General Rodion

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 am

Rodion wrote:

I LOVE that movie, but the format of "42 students enter, 1 student leaves" appear to be too hard to be tailored into a mafia game. In the movie, people could form alliances, but they were temporary as they'd ultimately have to kill one another in the end.

Unless you want to have "the class" as town, "the professors+army+brown-nose students" as mafia and some "psychos" as 3rd-party (Kiriyama! Mitsuko!).

I won't work on it because I'd rather play it (and because I don't want to devote so much time into creating roles, win conditions etc).

I read the book myself. I think it would break down as having some town roles, some third party roles and probably a couple skers. Probably wouldn't make sense to have a mafia. Try to tailor the abilities to the weapons each person has. Also, hard deadline means that if a no lynch occurs at any point, random person dies, not the person with the most votes (per the collars). Could be interesting, but would take an active mod, and I am busy with other games right now to possibly think it through.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 am

or just make everyone a SK, each assuming there's a town and mafia out there.

Oh wait, we did that already. :lol:
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Fircoal on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:26 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:or just make everyone a SK, each assuming there's a town and mafia out there.

I DID IT FIRST!
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:31 am

Fircoal wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:or just make everyone a SK, each assuming there's a town and mafia out there.

I DID IT FIRST!

I was referring to you, mine actually had one non-SK :P

Actually I've been wondering how that fucked up set-up of mine would work if the players knew what the set-up was beforehand.

Might be time for a second JSM
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 am

I like the battle royale idea though more excited about the futurama mafia. Can I be fry? Id be dr. Zoidberg but no one likes him in the building and he's poor...

"A buffet[ oh if only I had my wallet with me."

"Uh it's free"

*frenziful eating noises*

Of course if I get rid of fry bender and leela...

"Good riddance to them. Now zoidberg is the popular one"

"Yes yes. Let's all talk to zoidberg"

But if I betray my friends...come to think of it dr. Zoidberg betrays fry or shows a callous attitude towards fry several times through the course of the series...LYNCHER! ;)

Alsol I think zap branigan could have a hilarious pr...
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Commander9 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 am

strike wolf wrote:I like the battle royale idea though more excited about the futurama mafia. Can I be fry? Id be dr. Zoidberg but no one likes him in the building and he's poor...

"A buffet[ oh if only I had my wallet with me."

"Uh it's free"

*frenziful eating noises*

Of course if I get rid of fry bender and leela...

"Good riddance to them. Now zoidberg is the popular one"

"Yes yes. Let's all talk to zoidberg"

But if I betray my friends...come to think of it dr. Zoidberg betrays fry or shows a callous attitude towards fry several times through the course of the series...LYNCHER! ;)

Alsol I think zap branigan could have a hilarious pr...

:lol: You, Sir, might have just forced me to go home and watch futurama after uni - shame on you!
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 am

Don't even start quoting Futurama because I'll never stop. :)

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Next

Return to Mafia Discussions