Conquer Club

Mafia Game Waiting List

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby spinwizard on Thu May 31, 2007 4:58 am

btw, i don't agree with a que but just make ppl aware of the ongoing games when they think of createing one
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby Fircoal on Thu May 31, 2007 8:26 am

Aimless wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:Put me down for a 20 player game in about a month please.

D'oh. That's the problem with creating a useful thread - now I'm expected to keep track of it. :roll:

maybe that's why this list should be combined with the mafia page list, and then, we get updaters, so 2+ people can do the job.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu May 31, 2007 10:06 am

jnd94 wrote:Sticky it.

AGREED.

Now, I will be running a CC City Zoo mafia game soon.... So put me on the waiting list!
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby autoload on Thu May 31, 2007 10:22 am

Aimless wrote:Next question to pose to the community :

How many large active games is too many, and when should we consider an on-going game to be small enough for a new slot to open?

My tentative answers : the amount we have now is too many, and once a game is down to >10 players is probably a good point to consider that slot open.

The fact is, almost every game coming out now is a huge 25 person bklockbuster. Weeks ago I already stated to a few people that I was done with the huge games and would be focusing on smaller higher quality games instead of making huge games just to make them. Nothing says it is required to make a game featuring every role ever invented...
Major autoload

Postby spinwizard on Thu May 31, 2007 10:54 am

autoload wrote:

How many large active games is too many, and when should we consider an on-going game to be small enough for a new slot to open?

My tentative answers : the amount we have now is too many, and once a game is down to >10 players is probably a good point to consider that slot open.

The fact is, almost every game coming out now is a huge 25 person bklockbuster. Weeks ago I already stated to a few people that I was done with the huge games and would be focusing on smaller higher quality games instead of making huge games just to make them. Nothing says it is required to make a game featuring every role ever invented...

we tryed to make small (13 player), high quality games but they die quickly, thats why i am sticking to 20-30 player games.

also games on here are becomeing slower in general

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 am

BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY!!!

We need a rule that says only 4-5 mafia games can be run at a time, and even that is pushing it!
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby autoload on Thu May 31, 2007 10:58 am

spinwizard wrote:
autoload wrote:

we tryed to make small (13 player), high quality games but they die quickly, thats why i am sticking to 20-30 player games.

also games on here are becomeing slower in general

Oh please. Maybe they die because everyone is in too many games? Believe me, people like the small games where they might actually have a shot of lynching scum on day one by use of reason alone. The small games I started with didn't seem to have a problem going.

Don't try and lecture me on what can and can not work in a mafia game...
Major autoload

Postby spinwizard on Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 am

lol, a 2 sentence lecture? :roll: anyway i am just saying, check them out. Both mine and AD's 13 player game has died

Postby autoload on Thu May 31, 2007 11:06 am

I tell you what, as soon as I am done with Puff's and aimless' games I will start a 12 player game and we will see if it dies...

I bet it doesn't.
Major autoload

Postby spinwizard on Thu May 31, 2007 11:08 am

autoload wrote:I tell you what, as soon as I am done with Puff's and aimless' games I will start a 12 player game and we will see if it dies...

I bet it doesn't.

ok, i hope i can play in that.

Postby autoload on Thu May 31, 2007 11:11 am

spinwizard wrote:
autoload wrote:I tell you what, as soon as I am done with Puff's and aimless' games I will start a 12 player game and we will see if it dies...

I bet it doesn't.

Oh, I will keep a spot open for you.
Major autoload

Postby spinwizard on Thu May 31, 2007 11:12 am

autoload wrote:
spinwizard wrote:

I bet it doesn't.

Oh, I will keep a spot open for you.

Thanks, i will do likewise when i open a new game :)

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu May 31, 2007 11:14 am

The reason games are dying is because everyone is burnt out... And because this is a busy time of year for most people with finals, tests, and other school-related activites...

I don't think it is a fair assumption to make that your game won't die, Auto, because by the time you start it here in a week or so, most everyone is out of school and will have more time.

I also think the other games will pick back up, as well.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Thu May 31, 2007 11:16 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:The reason games are dying is because everyone is burnt out... And because this is a busy time of year for most people with finals, tests, and other school-related activites...

I don't think it is a fair assumption to make that your game won't die, Auto, because by the time you start it here in a week or so, most everyone is out of school and will have more time.

I also think the other games will pick back up, as well.

well put

Postby autoload on Thu May 31, 2007 11:58 am

It will be more than a week before my game gets back up. But anyways, I will have the quality players to make sure the game doesn't die regarless of the time of year.
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Thu May 31, 2007 10:11 pm

WEll after Pokemon MAfia, which will be my first theme and +25 character game, I'm going to stick to lower games.

Also for the list, I'm planning a speical 7 player game called Eevee Mafia, for after Pokemon Mafia.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby MountainLion on Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 pm

I don't care about limiting the amount of games. I've decided I'm only going to play 2-3 games at a time.

I do agree however that there should be a waiting list for mafia games, so that everyone has a chance to mod a game that will have activity.
Major MountainLion

Postby Fircoal on Thu May 31, 2007 11:25 pm

MountainLion wrote:I don't care about limiting the amount of games. I've decided I'm only going to play 2-3 games at a time.

I do agree however that there should be a waiting list for mafia games, so that everyone has a chance to mod a game that will have activity.

I argee, there shouldn't be a limit, but a waiting list.
Captain Fircoal

Postby wicked on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:02 am

I bet it doesn't.

IN.
Major wicked

Postby wicked on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:03 am

Ank, based on Auto's past games, I'm pretty sure he can make that statement. Good mods attract good players. And Auto just attracts everyone. :wink:
Major wicked

Postby wicked on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 am

Example of just finished 12-player game that didn't die:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 28&start=0

Why? b/c it was invite only with proven players.
Major wicked

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:09 am

wicked wrote:Example of just finished 12-player game that didn't die:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 28&start=0

Why? b/c it was invite only with proven players.

it was? I thought it was sign-up. :wink:
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:57 pm

[size=0]BUMP[/size]
Captain Fircoal

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:35 pm

Since it is obviously the consensus that there are too many games (and I agree), I will hold off on my next one for now. Also, it's nowhere near ready. I haven't even picked out roles yet.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:40 pm

pancakemix wrote:Since it is obviously the consensus that there are too many games (and I agree), I will hold off on my next one for now. Also, it's nowhere near ready. I haven't even picked out roles yet.

Ok, my next game, will probably come in the middle of Pokemon Mafia, it depends. But the earliest it will start is June 22. :wink:
Captain Fircoal

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions