Conquer Club

Mafia and CC..What now.

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mafia and CC..What now.

Postby blakebowling on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 am

I'll give out a year of premium every month if someone hosts a game.

Hell, I'll give out a year of premium to the mod and to the MVP. If you want to take me up on this offer, PM me with details about your game.
Private blakebowling

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:59 am

blakebowling wrote:I'll give out a year of premium every month if someone hosts a game.

Hell, I'll give out a year of premium to the mod and to the MVP. If you want to take me up on this offer, PM me with details about your game.

blake: what a guy.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:09 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I'll give out a year of premium every month if someone hosts a game.

blake: what a guy.

This. You're my hero blake ā™„
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:11 pm

It's a good step, but won't help some.
Need to work out some solutions to the atmosphere of the game.
Major StorrZerg

Postby aage on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Tbh Blake, I couldn't give a f*ck about premium even if I tried. Mafia and this small community that fell apart is the only thing that ever kept me here. If it's not rewarding enough of itself, it's over.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby blakebowling on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:31 am

aage wrote:Tbh Blake, I couldn't give a f*ck about premium even if I tried. Mafia and this small community that fell apart is the only thing that ever kept me here. If it's not rewarding enough of itself, it's over.

What can I do to help return CC Mafia to the golden age? I remember having a lot of fun playing here back in the day.
Private blakebowling

Postby Streaker on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:27 am

blakebowling wrote:
aage wrote:Tbh Blake, I couldn't give a f*ck about premium even if I tried. Mafia and this small community that fell apart is the only thing that ever kept me here. If it's not rewarding enough of itself, it's over.

What can I do to help return CC Mafia to the golden age? I remember having a lot of fun playing here back in the day.

Don't take aage's comment too seriously. He is right, in a way, but at least you are trying to help.

Aside from that wonderfull incentive to play mafia, you could join the open game that is in sign-up right now? Additionally you could attempt a recruiting session.
Captain Streaker

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:03 pm

One suggestion I would make to improve the atmosphere is to have penalties for making any personal attacks, cursing, etc. It's not a fun game anymore when someone is cursing you out. I have seen it happen before, and there is a "shame shame" but no penalty... people need to realize it's a game, yeah, you will be falsely (or correctly) accused of being scum by people in every game, using logic or illogic... but if you flip out and make personal attacks back, you should be mod killed.
Major HotShot53

Postby aage on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:57 am

blakebowling wrote:

Generate a Great Artist?

I might be one of the few who doesn't care for CC in general and others will be more interested in winning Premium than I am, so don't base your policy on my opinion.

HotShot's excellent point on personal attacks is good. I can't count the amount of times I've seen (and used, to my regret) the phrase "either you're mafia or you're stupid". Using meta specific stuff to root out odd ducks and hang them for being just that is counter productive if you want the community to grow. I feel that this attitude has darkened the atmosphere in this forum, and thereby darkened my mood whilst playing. I'm not holding this to anyone in specific as I'm equally (or more) guilty, and I sometimes get the idea people don't particularly like me because I can be very rude to other players. In reality, I'm a really likeable guy. Trust me.

I'd appreciate it if hosts (and players) didn't demand full-time dedication to a game. If you're not posting for a few days without leave, I get the idea that I'm either gonna be modkilled or lynched, and that it's held against me both in-game and personally. I love the game and I love reading and writing posts. It's like writing essays, but ones that are fun to write. I don't love sacrificing sleep to do it, though. This is probably due to my horrible sense of time management, but it's still what discourages me from playing, among other things.

Getting me back to this game would require more than that, though. It would require me to recover from a recent and quite exhausting depression, to stop playing all the other games I'm currently playing (like Skyrim, EU4, Civ, etc. which demand incredible amounts of time) and be bothered once again to open up a topic and attentively read what everyone has to say. There isn't much that you guys can do to change that, so I'll report back when I've managed to do that.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:19 am

As far as the attacks that people have exhibited, what if a rule against disrespect and personal attacks were put in place, the consequence of breaking such a rule is a temporary ban from playing mafia here?
Private blakebowling

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:21 am

aage wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Generate a Great Artist?

I might be one of the few who doesn't care for CC in general and others will be more interested in winning Premium than I am, so don't base your policy on my opinion.

HotShot's excellent point on personal attacks is good. I can't count the amount of times I've seen (and used, to my regret) the phrase "either you're mafia or you're stupid". Using meta specific stuff to root out odd ducks and hang them for being just that is counter productive if you want the community to grow. I feel that this attitude has darkened the atmosphere in this forum, and thereby darkened my mood whilst playing. I'm not holding this to anyone in specific as I'm equally (or more) guilty, and I sometimes get the idea people don't particularly like me because I can be very rude to other players. In reality, I'm a really likeable guy. Trust me.

I'd appreciate it if hosts (and players) didn't demand full-time dedication to a game. If you're not posting for a few days without leave, I get the idea that I'm either gonna be modkilled or lynched, and that it's held against me both in-game and personally. I love the game and I love reading and writing posts. It's like writing essays, but ones that are fun to write. I don't love sacrificing sleep to do it, though. This is probably due to my horrible sense of time management, but it's still what discourages me from playing, among other things.

Getting me back to this game would require more than that, though. It would require me to recover from a recent and quite exhausting depression, to stop playing all the other games I'm currently playing (like Skyrim, EU4, Civ, etc. which demand incredible amounts of time) and be bothered once again to open up a topic and attentively read what everyone has to say. There isn't much that you guys can do to change that, so I'll report back when I've managed to do that.

I have to agree on most levels with this (Maybe not the part about you being likeable ;) )

Blake. Would it be possible to find another type of prize (Besides premium or conquer credits) to try and stir up some interest? I'd suggest a medal, but that would almost dictate going back through old games and handing out medals to the old winners. But something like that?

Or, I don't know about the others, but maybe give them a slot to create a BR game? Something to that effect? (I'm honestly bad at this brain storming thing, and I'm kind of an outsider here, so I don't know what might motivate other mafia members)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
aage wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Generate a Great Artist?

I have to agree on most levels with this (Maybe not the part about you being likeable ;) )

Blake. Would it be possible to find another type of prize (Besides premium or conquer credits) to try and stir up some interest? I'd suggest a medal, but that would almost dictate going back through old games and handing out medals to the old winners. But something like that?

Or, I don't know about the others, but maybe give them a slot to create a BR game? Something to that effect? (I'm honestly bad at this brain storming thing, and I'm kind of an outsider here, so I don't know what might motivate other mafia members)

Medals are already in the works, at least for the official games. As far as creating a BR or something of that nature, it's possible, but I'm not sure I would want to do it regularly.

Keep the suggestions coming guys.
Private blakebowling

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:30 am

blakebowling wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
aage wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Generate a Great Artist?

Medals are already in the works, at least for the official games. As far as creating a BR or something of that nature, it's possible, but I'm not sure I would want to do it regularly.

Keep the suggestions coming guys.

Thanks :D As nice as the GA Medal is, it would be cool to have a specific mafia medal.

The BR was basically throwing it out there. Don't know if that would even interest the other players.

Maybe you could use the announcement bar on the side to announce when Official games are up?
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:37 am

blakebowling wrote:As far as the attacks that people have exhibited, what if a rule against disrespect and personal attacks were put in place, the consequence of breaking such a rule is a temporary ban from playing mafia here?

Haven't played in a while and am not quite aware of how out-of-hand the in-game abuse has gotten but I feel self-policing would be a better option. Similar to Lynch All Liars, I'd prefer to see players come together and Cull All Cussers if the abuse crosses a line. My play style is almost always respectful but we are just roleplaying here.... I think there is room for a confrontational, and perhaps even somewhat abusive, style... as long as it doesn't go too far. Such a style can add flavor to the game. I'd leave it up to the players to use their votes to decide how far is too far for a player to go.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:15 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
blakebowling wrote:As far as the attacks that people have exhibited, what if a rule against disrespect and personal attacks were put in place, the consequence of breaking such a rule is a temporary ban from playing mafia here?

Haven't played in a while and am not quite aware of how out-of-hand the in-game abuse has gotten but I feel self-policing would be a better option. Similar to Lynch All Liars, I'd prefer to see players come together and Cull All Cussers if the abuse crosses a line. My play style is almost always respectful but we are just roleplaying here.... I think there is room for a confrontational, and perhaps even somewhat abusive, style... as long as it doesn't go too far. Such a style can add flavor to the game. I'd leave it up to the players to use their votes to decide how far is too far for a player to go.

Fair enough. Keep in mind that mods have the ability to modkill and ban from future games that they host. The rules I was suggesting would likely come in after the other options have been exhausted.
Good to see you in the Mafia forums.
Private blakebowling

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:01 am

blakebowling wrote:

LOL my very first game you threatened to black list me for being so bad and annoying. It was one of Sully's games.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby blakebowling on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:05 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

LOL my very first game you threatened to black list me for being so bad and annoying. It was one of Sully's games.

Yeah, I remember you ruffling my feathers. I'm not quite sure why.
Private blakebowling

Postby Keefie on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:25 am

I would absolutely love to give this a try but I'm totally clueless about the whole game. Can someone point me in the direction of a how to guide. Thanks
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:32 am

Keefie wrote:I would absolutely love to give this a try but I'm totally clueless about the whole game. Can someone point me in the direction of a how to guide. Thanks

if the mod allows, I'm playing in a game currently, you might be able.to shadow me and I can talk to about the game, and explain what's going on
Major StorrZerg

Postby rishaed on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:03 am

Keefie wrote:I would absolutely love to give this a try but I'm totally clueless about the whole game. Can someone point me in the direction of a how to guide. Thanks

I personally think it is better to initially shadow the mod and not the player... Maybe take a peek at the setup and then realize the players motivations for doing certain things. If you're clueless about the game taking the initial overview first rather than getting a birdseye view would be better. For instance the C9 game would be great to shadow if elon allowed you to. ;)
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby strike wolf on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 am

Shadowing the Mod would be a good idea.

Oooh a mafia medal. I can imagine it looking just like Michael Corleone! Hmm if I had a medal for every game I had won. That would be a lot of medals...and there are others who have probably won around as many or more games than I have.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:51 am

Does anyone have any design ideas for the mafia medals?

Keep in mind, they need to fit with the set of the other Achievement and Contribution medals.
Private blakebowling

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 pm

blakebowling wrote:Does anyone have any design ideas for the mafia medals?

Keep in mind, they need to fit with the set of the other Achievement and Contribution medals.

Well, I was going to go with an outline of a guy dressed in black, with a tophat, holding a small gun.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Michael Corleone's head.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:22 pm

The GA medal but with a ? Instead of a star.
Lieutenant Endgame422

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Discussions