Conquer Club

Foundation Mafia

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Foundation Mafia

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm

I wanted to gauge forum interest in a possible mafia based on Asimov's Foundation series to decide if I should run it and how big it should be. To be clear, due to lack of credible name claims in the series, most of the characters will probably be nameless only having a name that applies to their alignment. Also depending on size, i may be more tempted to try out some less conventional roles in the game (in which case, i can promise they will be interesting but not necessarily balanced). Regardless of size, I am planning for it to be Non Vanilla or close to it.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Foundation Mafia

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Background for those who haven't read the series:

Hari Seldon is a genius psychologist and mathemetician in the 22nd century of the Galactic Empire. Using this he creates a new branch of science called Psychohistory which analyses social behavior with advanced mathematics to predict a rough course for human events going into the future. In this study, he finds out that the Galactic Empire is dying and will cease to exist completely within the next 300 years. In order to shorten a time period involving 30,000 years of anarchy and war, Seldon puts forward a plan to set up a Foundation comprised of the brightest minds across the galaxy to preserve and advance upon the scientific and social evolution of the dying empire. However the Foundation isn't without its enemies and they soon find out that the odds of their survival.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 18, 2015 1:22 pm

I'd be interested once Double Fanucci ends. I prefer big games too
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon May 18, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm interested, I want to try and survive past night one.... I think I've only read one of the trilogy though and that was a while ago.

Great writer.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon May 18, 2015 1:28 pm

What the! He wrote the robot series in 1953!

Amazing Kudos to the man, I thought he was 80's at earliest.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby HotShot53 on Mon May 18, 2015 4:41 pm

I'd be in since I'm already out of 2 of the current games... my guess is once the current games lose a few more people you could start signups, and as people die you'd get more joining up. Been a long time since I read those books, this would be a good excuse to re-read them lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Well 3 so far. Can almost certainly count on much more than that in the forum but still not enough to really warrant a big game. Right now I would probably aim for between 12-14 as being realistic and leaving room for reserves.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Streaker on Fri May 22, 2015 6:45 am

strike wolf wrote:Well 3 so far. Can almost certainly count on much more than that in the forum but still not enough to really warrant a big game. Right now I would probably aim for between 12-14 as being realistic and leaving room for reserves.

Don't count replies on this topic as a tool to gauge intrest, I think. I'd definitely play.
If you can get the TNC group to play, you should make 20+.
Captain Streaker

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 26, 2015 9:51 am

like I said, I prefer big games, so I'm probably going to wait until I can join a 20+ or so game. I'm a little disappointed that I missed the HP game.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue May 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Things are quiet on the TNC front atm. Beginning of the summer season isn't the best time for us as far as getting a big participation.

I'm not familiar with the Foundation series fwiw.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Return to Mafia Discussions