Conquer Club

Movie Matrix mafia idea/question

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Movie Matrix mafia idea/question

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Can anyone tell me would this work please.... I'm thinking of hosting mafia, but a custom 7 player game for starting, because I have never hosted a game before.

I had an idea to host a themed Matrix movie mafia.

So we would have:
Neo (both day and night kill ability)
Trinity (roleblocker or cop)
Morpheus (doctor)
and
Agent Smith (1 shot day kill)
2 normal Agents (ordinary mafia night kill ability).

The first three and the Agents would know each other and be allowed day & night talk.

Now kicks in the fun part:
The Oracle - no one knows who is it, and if she is lynched or night killed, the game ends without winners. She can only win if one of the two factions are eliminated. Has a power to know both sides (who is who) and can tell once per day who is really who. (in example: "I am the Oracle, and dakky21 is the One"). Of course anyone else can say it, that should add some intrigue to the concept.

I believe it could be fun. What you think, how hard would it be to host this game, because I never hosted games before?
You could all play also or help me with modding it, since it will be an open setup.
The only possible drawback to this setup could be if everyone claim like in Political mafia, so they will know who is the Oracle and will kill each other D1.

Find out who the Oracle is and you will win.
Captain dakky21

Re: Movie Matrix mafia idea/question

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:34 pm

The basic concept works, the question is how many other players are required to make it work.

However, the set up needs to be closed, and you;ve just written it here...
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Also the Oracle should be modkilled if they claim Oracle.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Nah, I wanted it to be open setup so both parties know who is who, they all just don't know who is The Oracle and preforming a NK or lynching wrong person may end the game instantly.
Captain dakky21

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:55 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Also the Oracle should be modkilled if they claim Oracle.

Problem is, if anyone else claims Oracle and then isn't instantly modkilled, then we know they're lying.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Exactly that Mets... so no modkilling and lynch/NK an Oracle and game ends in a tie. No one wins, you can't win without predictions :)
Captain dakky21

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:46 pm

I think the problem with the fakeclaiming Oracle concept is that there are no VTs. That makes sense to do if you're town and want to distract a lynch about to happen to Neo (say). But in a small setup I don't see it panning out -- every town role matters here and Morpheus can't just go down to save Neo.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby dakky21 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Then we give Neo more powers. So Morpheus MUST protect him at all costs.... if Agent Smith targets Neo during day, Morpheus dies... simple as that and it could work. Neo gets the report who exactly attacked, and does his day kill. So it still balances and both Neo and Agents can do a night kill.
Captain dakky21

Postby Streaker on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:05 am

Massclaiming in political mafia didn't destroy the game. I think. We'll see that after the game is over.
I do think that massclaim will wreck this game.

Oracle wins as survivor, but can't let anyone know who she is. Both sides can't afford to kill anyone (or make it luck-based to not hit Oracle). If Oracle is know, the losing side will kill Oracle off to force die instead of loss.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:47 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Also the Oracle should be modkilled if they claim Oracle.

Problem is, if anyone else claims Oracle and then isn't instantly modkilled, then we know they're lying.

Day 1 as Oracle, I immediately claim. Game Over. If someone counter claims, they either get lynched, or Oracle gets lynched and its game over. Therefore no one will counter claim.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Basically, the oracle will decide the lynch, just like was happening in the political mafia. And when one side is in danger of loosing, they will just shoot the oracle. I think it will be very hard to hide who the oracle really is more than day 1... not sure it would work quite as cleanly as you are imagining it. If the oracle did manage to hide with one of the groups, then the oracle would pretty much just decide who wins, and nothing the players can do about it really. To me, mafia is figuring out who the bad guys are... not trying to convince the all-powerful person to be on your side lol.
Major HotShot53

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:14 pm

not a fan of games that instantly end when 1 person dies
Major StorrZerg

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:28 am

Semi closed set up like Matrix 6 such that the players do not know if the Oracle is in the game or not.

Alternatively make Madmitch the Oracle as he is a walking talking Jester anyway.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Return to Mafia Discussions